• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Great Building Alcatraz

• Thread starter DeletedUser3678
  • Start date

DeletedUser3678

Which update comes Alcatraz, and what can it do???

piohh

Baronet
only the picture of Alcatraz

x_ss_progressiveera_ljhs4i.png

DeletedUser2752

I knew one of these GBs was going to have something like this! But dang, imagine how much excess you will have by the time it reaches level 10...

DeletedUser

well, anyway it occupies 70 squares, so its military bonus is justified. At least if it is no combined. Otherwise it's over powered because you will collect too many units!

DeletedUser

10 seconds in and I'm thinking about disconnecting different military stuff to manipulate the outcome of that collect. Hope that's been addressed. Anyways...what? If on lvl1 u get 8 free units every day, then what with the 25 or whatever on lvl10, that's gonna be like thousands of unattached units within months lol. Or am I understanding this discription little wrong?

DeletedUser2752

10 seconds in and I'm thinking about disconnecting different military stuff to manipulate the outcome of that collect.
That won't do anything for sure. That's like saying a GB's boost won't apply if you disconnect it, or you can't use a unit from a disconnected military building.
I do agree on your other point though. Maybe lower it to half the amount?

DeletedUser

That won't do anything for sure. That's like saying a GB's boost won't apply if you disconnect it, or you can't use a unit from a disconnected military building.
I do agree on your other point though. Maybe lower it to half the amount?

But GBs boost does not apply if you disconnect it..I just saw a quick possible abuse if it's coded little naive.

DeletedUser4129

So in the progressive age you build a tank factory and get nothing but tanks if that's the only military bldg?

DeletedUser

Anyways...what? If on lvl1 u get 8 free units every day, then what with the 25 or whatever on lvl10, that's gonna be like thousands of unattached units within months lol. Or am I understanding this discription little wrong?

More accurately, it's going to be about 7 full barracks a day you can just kill off in PvP, that will regenerate without cost, and that don't take population, in half the space, and that also provide happiness (wait what?). Suddenly all the other buildings - especially Frontenac - seem really weak.

DeletedUser2752

But GBs boost does not apply if you disconnect it..I just saw a quick possible abuse if it's coded little naive.
Disconnect a supply-boosting GB. You can still use the supply boost until it runs out. I don't know if it's coded the same way, but my guess is that it just plainly checks all the military buildings you have, and produces random units based on it.

DeletedUser

So in the progressive age you build a tank factory and get nothing but tanks if that's the only military bldg?
and only rogues if you have only that camp

small building, no workers needed

and you sure still have one unattacked tank left

and in the next age you sure get one free fighter from that age in a quest

but what happens if you don't have any military buildings ?

DeletedUser

Do devs realize how large later age military buildings even are and what that kind of bonus does do them? I need to spend 60 tiles of space to build 1 tank factory...Only 20 of them for the factory itself, rest goes for the population and culturals to keep that population happy and roads for all of em. And that's for 4 tanks, 15 tiles for a tank.

So now for 70 you are offering up 8, plus happiness bonus just on lvl1? Knowing the common FoE GB patterns, that's gonna be near 25 on lvl10 plus enough happiness to be at least worth the 70 tile space from saved cultural buildings space alone. So nearly 400 tiles(25 expansions) worth of free military per day is what we can expect? If you hand out free massive militaries like that, this is gonna majorly upset the whole balance system between population, milititary, economy builings and tight space because most players will just not need any more military builings than 1 or 2.