• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

GE levels 3 and 4 in OF part 4?

Andi47

Overlord
GE level 3, 3rd fight:

Up to OF 3 this had
1st Wave: 4 Sub, 4 Turtles
2nd Wave: 2 Surrogate, 2 Turtles

I used to attack this with 2 Dragons + 6 rogues.

Now in OF part 4 the 1st wave has 2 Sub, 2 Nautilus, 4 Turtles. Nautilus are almost immune to dragons (with 165% Attack bonus I made 1 point damage per attack - EACH time with 20 attacks). So it seems to be better now to attack with 8 Turtles. (Note: in contrast to the opponent's Subs, which attack immediately, the opponent's Nautilus seem to stay in the rear if the opponent has slow units such as the Turtles)

GE level 3, battle 7
1st Wave: 4 Nautilus, 4 Eels
2nd Wave: 2 Eels, 2 Dragons

Any idea how to defeat this?
(please don't say: bring your battle-GBs to level 80. That's my plan, but it will take another year... currently I have 165% Attack, 92% defense, and this is with activated tavern boost.)

Andi47

Overlord
Any ideas against:
1st wave: 4 Sub, 4 Nautilus
2nd wave: 2 Turtles, 6 Crabs
?

I have Zeus, CdM and Aachen at level 10, so unfortunately no super-high GBs.

DeletedUser8150

Any ideas against:
1st wave: 4 Sub, 4 Nautilus
2nd wave: 2 Turtles, 6 Crabs
?

I have Zeus, CdM and Aachen at level 10, so unfortunately no super-high GBs.

I might try 8 turtle. I find the nautilus a nuisance unit. It spoils the old drone tactics

Andi47

Overlord
I tried - might be possible with Zeus, CdM and Aachen at level 80 - but with my "tiny" level 10 GBs I don't have even a chance to win the first wave when I use 8 turtles.

Edit3:
Battle 9 at GE level 4:
1st wave: 8 Crabs
2nd wave: 8 Eels
A guildmate in Eldenborough says that he tried "hundreds" of things - even with his Zeus, Aachen and CdM at levels between 81 and 87, and Orangery at level 90(!) he has absolutely no chance to win this.
¿¿Seriously, Inno?? Not even a slight chance even with super-high GBs??

Edit: @innogames @Zarok Dai @NormaJeane when the GE level 4 battles become more and more "impossible" we need an additional GB with military boost (same boost as e.g. CdM) in OF5 or next age 1 that we have a (slight) chance to win the battles in GE level 4!
May I suggest a Neptune statue or Neptune Fountain? With his trident he looks quite.... martial!

Edit2:

Neptune's Triumph - Roman Mosaik, 3rd Century
180px-Sousse_neptune.jpg

Source: de.wikipedia.org/Neptun_(Mythologie)

Neptune Fountaine in Florence:
180px-Neptun_brunnen.jpg

Edit 4: Re-arranged my posting a bit

Last edited:

DeletedUser8150

I tried - might be possible with Zeus, CdM and Aachen at level 80 - but with my "tiny" level 10 G
I tried - might be possible with Zeus, CdM and Aachen at level 80 - but with my "tiny" level 10 GBs I don't have even a chance to win the first wave when I use 8 turtles.

Edit3:
Battle 9 at GE level 4:
A guildmate in Eldenborough says that he tried "hundreds" of things - even with his Zeus, Aachen and CdM at levels between 81 and 87, and Orangery at level 90(!) he has absolutely no chance to win this.
¿¿Seriously, Inno?? Not even a slight chance even with super-high GBs??

Edit: @innogames @Zarok Dai @NormaJeane when the GE level 4 battles become more and more "impossible" we need an additional GB with military boost (same boost as e.g. CdM) in OF5 or next age 1 that we have a (slight) chance to win the battles in GE level 4!
May I suggest a Neptune statue or Neptune Fountain? With his trident he looks quite.... martial!

Edit2:

Neptune's Triumph - Roman Mosaik, 3rd Century
180px-Sousse_neptune.jpg

Neptune Fountaine in Florence:
180px-Neptun_brunnen.jpg

Edit 4: Re-arranged my posting a bit

Bs I don't have even a chance to win the first wave when I use 8 turtles.
i'm well past that battle and can't remember what i took tbh but turtles or maybe tuttles with a BF is most likely. Could even try stealth tanks.I can check next week if i remember.

i've defeated that battle with 1 or 2 loss @ 165/95 A/D or even less in the past so its very defeat-able. I'm sure i saw a list of the lvl 4 battle solution in a thread in the last few days this one or another on this forum. Would prob help you to find it

Last edited by a moderator:

qaccy

Emperor
Battles 54 and 57 are the toughest to fight through, if not outright impossible.

#54: 8 Eels > 1 Sub+7 Crab - Use 1 Manta + 7 Rogue (diamond heal)
I couldn't personally do this one without using diamonds. Because of Eels' speed and how the AI works, if you use Rogues you're going to lose your actual units first basically every time. One unit+7 Rogues = all 8 Eels attack you on turn one, with your 7 Rogues being transformed and the last hit going to your real unit (because AI prioritizes the next unit to move unless something is damaged). You take your turn, attacking/killing some number of Eels, then the next enemy Eel to move attacks and kills your damaged real unit and you've now lost the battle unless you use diamonds. But even in a situation where you win this battle with a non-Rogue unit alive, you're probably not going to have enough left to take out wave two. 7 Crabs takes at least 21 attacks unless you're using OF troops and have an Orangery, and if you're not using something with reactive armor in level 4 you've got a maximum of 16 hits you can take yourself, or 24 if you're using Rogues.

What this all boils down to is if you want to fight through this one without using diamonds, you have to kill all 8 Eels before they get a second turn. The most 'reasonable' way to achieve this is to use a Manta with 7 Rogues, and battlefield/AI ends up that each Eels takes Contact damage when it charges across to attack you. This is exceedingly unlikely, but if it happens you're left with 7 full-health units (most likely Rogues) and one damaged Manta to take on wave 2, which should be a cakewalk.

An alternative to this could potentially be Dragon Drones, but you'd need a very high attack bonus to achieve this one and similar levels of luck. The Eels would have to all be clustered together to allow heavy Dragon Breath stacking, and no Eel should take more than 3 attacks to bring down. And as with the Mantas, if any survive to attack a second time, your actual Drone is going down. Unlike with the Mantas, this approach would also have some difficulty with wave two.

I recommend negotiating this encounter because you'd use less diamonds doing so.

#57: 8 Crabs > 8 Eels - Use 1 Manta + 7 Rogue, or 1 Manta + 6 Rogue + 1 Turturret*
You'd think this fight would be almost identical to the one above, but having the Crabs go first actually makes it significantly easier. You're essentially guaranteed to win the first wave with Mantas, and unlike with the Eels it's pretty easy to keep your Manta alive for wave two without using diamonds. You'll still need the aid of dumb AI to make use of contact if you hope to beat the second wave, however.

If you're able to engineer it so that it dies in wave one, Turturrets pile on damage against Crabs much better than Mantas do. It HAS to die in wave one though or you don't have a hope against the Eels (unless all your Rogues miraculously turn into Mantas).

Everything else in level 4 is pretty straightforward to battle through, with only a few fights needing good terrain and possibly taking a few resets. However, it's notable that the addition of the Nautilus DOES make some encounters slightly harder. They live longer than Subs do, and in level 4 that's a bad thing because you want to destroy the enemy units as quickly as possible.

qaccy

Emperor
@redred That seems to go with what I was alluding to in my post on battle #54; Dragon Drones have really low attack, but with enough of a boost it'd be possible to use them in place of Mantas and still deal enough damage. However, I found #57 to be strangely much, much easier than #54 and never felt like I needed to use Drones for that one.

Mantas? What is the reason that you use Manta and not Sub?

BTW: How much Attack/Defense boost do you have?

Because Mantas are boosted against both Crabs and Eels, while Subs are weak to both. Subs additionally have worse movement, making it harder for them to chase eels hiding in bushes (and taking much more damage in retaliation). While it's generally true that you're going down in 2 hits from an enemy unit in level 4, against Crabs and Eels a sub is guaranteed dead in two hits while a Manta at least has a small chance of surviving two attacks, which especially matters when it comes to chasing Eels.

My boost is 133/101. It's up there, but it's not 'every GB at level 80' levels of up there. :) I'll add in that even though I am capable of fighting through 31 out of 32 battles across levels 3 and 4 without using diamonds, that doesn't mean it's easy. Several fights may still require resetting to get better terrain and/or fishing for Orangery activations to finish off units faster, especially in level 4. For example, I use Turtles in battle #59, in which wave 1 is nothing but Subs (and now Nautilus as well). This is obviously a bad idea on paper, but with the right terrain I take no damage on the first turn and they're all clustered together, allowing me to pile on lots of damage thanks to Mortar before they start picking me off on turn two. And as long as I can get at least 4 through to the next wave, it's an easy matter to take out the two Turtles and 6 Crabs on the other side.

Last edited:

DeletedUser7779

I can pass it with 1 AF drone + 1 turtle + 6 rogues (180/100 a/d), same technique above (kill the turtle in the first wave)
Same here, I've always used dragon+turtle combo on #57, as long as turtle dies on first wave it's really easy.

on #54 I've always used 2 dragons 6 rogues until last week on live, but now that they replaced the sub with nautilius on second wave it didn't work because my dragons were doing exactly 1 damage to it :(
I was able to defeat it last week with 1 dragon 1 crab 6 rogues (crab has to survive 1st wave) but I lucked out because Kraken killed one of the eels on first wave.
If i find a solution without Kraken and without diamonds, I'll post ;)

Edit:
just defeated it without Kraken: 1 dragon 1 crab 6 rogues. Key point is that at least 3 eels have to line up together - so we can kill 3 with 2 of our dragons. Also, we want more rogues to turn into dragons on first wave (this is why i used 2 dragons before) - if one of those conditions doesn't happen - retreat and try again. After trying like 10 times the ideal setup finally happened - 3 eels in a line and all rogues turned to dragons. I didn't lose any on first wave.
Then on second wave I didn't move the rogues forward - that made sure that half of enemy crabs didn't reach me on their second turn. The rest was easy - i killed the nautilius with the crab and used dragons' breath to strike multiple crabs at a time.

DeletedUser8150

Same here, I've always used dragon+turtle combo on #57, as long as turtle dies on first wave it's really easy.

Same here.

on #54 I've always used 2 dragons 6 rogues until last week on live, but now that they replaced the sub with nautilius on second wave it didn't work because my dragons were doing exactly 1 damage to it :(
I was able to defeat it last week with 1 dragon 1 crab 6 rogues (crab has to survive 1st wave) but I lucked out because Kraken killed one of the eels on first wave.
If i find a solution without Kraken and without diamonds, I'll post ;)

Edit:
just defeated it without Kraken: 1 dragon 1 crab 6 rogues. Key point is that at least 3 eels have to line up together - so we can kill 3 with 2 of our dragons. Also, we want more rogues to turn into dragons on first wave (this is why i used 2 dragons before) - if one of those conditions doesn't happen - retreat and try again. After trying like 10 times the ideal setup finally happened - 3 eels in a line and all rogues turned to dragons. I didn't lose any on first wave.
Then on second wave I didn't move the rogues forward - that made sure that half of enemy crabs didn't reach me on their second turn. The rest was easy - i killed the nautilius with the crab and used dragons' breath to strike multiple crabs at a time.

Not got to that this week will see. Certainly the naut really spoils the drone tactic. It may still be doable if the crabs and naut line up in a nice grid - will have to see. I don't know what att you need to do more than 1 damage to a naut but it must be high.

qaccy

Emperor
@redred
Nice! Mantas and Crabs both already hit hard, so it sounds like that wouldn't even take very much bonus to pull off compared to low-attack Drones. I do wonder though, what did your Rogues get transformed into in wave one? Asking in case you got a lot of Mantas with Contact activation, as I'd consider that a big difference over turning into Crabs or otherwise not getting the retaliation damage.