• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

GE levels 3 and 4 in OF part 4?

Andi47

Overlord
GE level 3, 3rd fight:

Up to OF 3 this had
1st Wave: 4 Sub, 4 Turtles
2nd Wave: 2 Surrogate, 2 Turtles

I used to attack this with 2 Dragons + 6 rogues.

Now in OF part 4 the 1st wave has 2 Sub, 2 Nautilus, 4 Turtles. Nautilus are almost immune to dragons (with 165% Attack bonus I made 1 point damage per attack - EACH time with 20 attacks). So it seems to be better now to attack with 8 Turtles. (Note: in contrast to the opponent's Subs, which attack immediately, the opponent's Nautilus seem to stay in the rear if the opponent has slow units such as the Turtles)

GE level 3, battle 7
1st Wave: 4 Nautilus, 4 Eels
2nd Wave: 2 Eels, 2 Dragons

Any idea how to defeat this?
(please don't say: bring your battle-GBs to level 80. That's my plan, but it will take another year... currently I have 165% Attack, 92% defense, and this is with activated tavern boost.)

DeletedUser8150

That would be interesting to try, I'll go with 2 mantas 6 rogues next week - thanks - wondering if it would lose less troops than the crab/dragon combo I used.

as mantas can't see through stealth won't you stuggle in r1?

what A/D did you get though with crab/manta rogue combo. I nvr had a kraken strike but a quick look at that looked fatal on my AD. My usual (ie when it was 8 crabs in r2) tactics worked fine though

PS Any1 find an elegant solution for the err is it #58 ish : 5sub/3naut, 2 turtle/6crab? ie one that doesn't get through with little left?

Last edited by a moderator:

qaccy

Emperor
PS Any1 find an elegant solution for the err is it #58 ish : 5sub/3naut, 2 turtle/6crab? ie one that doesn't get through with little left?

As weird as it sounds, I use 8 Turtles for that one. It might take a few resets to accomplish, but you need to not get hit by any of them on turn one. They'll all be pretty stacked up and you can pile on the Mortar damage to wear them down pretty effectively. As long as you can get around 4 or 5 through to round 2, you win because Crabs are absolutely hopeless against Turtles...just take out the 2 Turtles on the other side first.

DeletedUser8150

As weird as it sounds, I use 8 Turtles for that one. It might take a few resets to accomplish, but you need to not get hit by any of them on turn one. They'll all be pretty stacked up and you can pile on the Mortar damage to wear them down pretty effectively. As long as you can get around 4 or 5 through to round 2, you win because Crabs are absolutely hopeless against Turtles...just take out the 2 Turtles on the other side first.

I'd done that but just not patient enough to keep trying for no hits on r1 so i took much more damage. At least it was the right idea!

DeletedUser7779

as mantas can't see through stealth won't you stuggle in r1?
what A/D did you get though with crab/manta rogue combo. I nvr had a kraken strike but a quick look at that looked fatal on my AD. My usual (ie when it was 8 crabs in r2) tactics worked fine though
Not sure how it will work, that's why i wanna try it - hoping eels get close enough on first move so they get retaliation damage.
What is your usual tactics?
My current A/D is 237/150, though i used to defeat it with only 180% attack couple of months ago - when it was 8 eels 1st wave 7 crabs 1 sub 2nd.

I used 2 turtles 6 rogues on that one. Tried consequently with 6 turtles 2 rogues, then 4 turtles 4 rogues - those didnt work well because the subs/nats reached me on their first move and damaged my troops badly. When using 6 rogues though, they are taking the first hit, so i ended up losing only 2 on first wave and none on second.

DeletedUser8150

Not sure how it will work, that's why i wanna try it - hoping eels get close enough on first move so they get retaliation damage.
What is your usual tactics?
My current A/D is 237/150, though i used to defeat it with only 180% attack couple of months ago - when it was 8 eels 1st wave 7 crabs 1 sub 2nd.

Usual is just light+rogues

I used 2 turtles 6 rogues on that one. Tried consequently with 6 turtles 2 rogues, then 4 turtles 4 rogues - those didnt work well because the subs/nats reached me on their first move and damaged my troops badly. When using 6 rogues though, they are taking the first hit, so i ended up losing only 2 on first wave and none on second.

I will experiment this time with less than 8

I imagine the Kraken will make many of these issues disappear.

DeletedUser5663

Edit3:
Battle 9 at GE level 4:
1st wave: 8 Crabs
2nd wave: 8 Eels
A guildmate in Eldenborough says that he tried "hundreds" of things - even with his Zeus, Aachen and CdM at levels between 81 and 87, and Orangery at level 90(!) he has absolutely no chance to win this.
¿¿Seriously, Inno?? Not even a slight chance even with super-high GBs??
Hundreds of things??? omg....it's so obvious, took me about 5 minutes to figure it out. Use 7 hovertanks and 1 turtle, first fight stay back and have to turtle shoot. Second wave arrange the tanks in such a way, each can only be attacked once.
Don't even lose anything but the turtle. Had someone with 160% or something beat it this way,too.
But I heard from many people it is impossible when I was still arctic....

Andi47

Overlord
Hundreds of things??? omg....it's so obvious, took me about 5 minutes to figure it out. Use 7 hovertanks and 1 turtle, first fight stay back and have to turtle shoot. Second wave arrange the tanks in such a way, each can only be attacked once.
Don't even lose anything but the turtle. Had someone with 160% or something beat it this way,too.
But I heard from many people it is impossible when I was still arctic....

Thanks, I will try this weekend.
160% - do you mean some 160% attack bonus?

Andi47

Overlord
Battles 54 and 57 are the toughest to fight through, if not outright impossible.

#54: 8 Eels > 1 Sub+7 Crab - Use 1 Manta + 7 Rogue (diamond heal)
I couldn't personally do this one without using diamonds. Because of Eels' speed and how the AI works, if you use Rogues you're going to lose your actual units first basically every time. One unit+7 Rogues = all 8 Eels attack you on turn one, with your 7 Rogues being transformed and the last hit going to your real unit (because AI prioritizes the next unit to move unless something is damaged). You take your turn, attacking/killing some number of Eels, then the next enemy Eel to move attacks and kills your damaged real unit and you've now lost the battle unless you use diamonds. But even in a situation where you win this battle with a non-Rogue unit alive, you're probably not going to have enough left to take out wave two. 7 Crabs takes at least 21 attacks unless you're using OF troops and have an Orangery, and if you're not using something with reactive armor in level 4 you've got a maximum of 16 hits you can take yourself, or 24 if you're using Rogues.

What this all boils down to is if you want to fight through this one without using diamonds, you have to kill all 8 Eels before they get a second turn. The most 'reasonable' way to achieve this is to use a Manta with 7 Rogues, and battlefield/AI ends up that each Eels takes Contact damage when it charges across to attack you. This is exceedingly unlikely, but if it happens you're left with 7 full-health units (most likely Rogues) and one damaged Manta to take on wave 2, which should be a cakewalk.

An alternative to this could potentially be Dragon Drones, but you'd need a very high attack bonus to achieve this one and similar levels of luck. The Eels would have to all be clustered together to allow heavy Dragon Breath stacking, and no Eel should take more than 3 attacks to bring down. And as with the Mantas, if any survive to attack a second time, your actual Drone is going down. Unlike with the Mantas, this approach would also have some difficulty with wave two.

I recommend negotiating this encounter because you'd use less diamonds doing so.

#57: 8 Crabs > 8 Eels - Use 1 Manta + 7 Rogue, or 1 Manta + 6 Rogue + 1 Turturret*
You'd think this fight would be almost identical to the one above, but having the Crabs go first actually makes it significantly easier. You're essentially guaranteed to win the first wave with Mantas, and unlike with the Eels it's pretty easy to keep your Manta alive for wave two without using diamonds. You'll still need the aid of dumb AI to make use of contact if you hope to beat the second wave, however.

If you're able to engineer it so that it dies in wave one, Turturrets pile on damage against Crabs much better than Mantas do. It HAS to die in wave one though or you don't have a hope against the Eels (unless all your Rogues miraculously turn into Mantas).

Everything else in level 4 is pretty straightforward to battle through, with only a few fights needing good terrain and possibly taking a few resets. However, it's notable that the addition of the Nautilus DOES make some encounters slightly harder. They live longer than Subs do, and in level 4 that's a bad thing because you want to destroy the enemy units as quickly as possible.

I just tested: #54 needs LOTS of diamonds to heal, better negotiate - or bring Zeus, Aachen, CdM, Orangery and Kraken all to Level 81+

#57 worked for me (the "real" turtle was the only unit which died, so I had 1 Manta + 6 rogues for the second wave, which worked well with my 163/90% attack/defense)
Many thanks for this one!

DeletedUser6489

GE level 3, 3rd fight:

Up to OF 3 this had
1st Wave: 4 Sub, 4 Turtles
2nd Wave: 2 Surrogate, 2 Turtles

I used to attack this with 2 Dragons + 6 rogues.

Now in OF part 4 the 1st wave has 2 Sub, 2 Nautilus, 4 Turtles. Nautilus are almost immune to dragons (with 165% Attack bonus I made 1 point damage per attack - EACH time with 20 attacks). So it seems to be better now to attack with 8 Turtles. (Note: in contrast to the opponent's Subs, which attack immediately, the opponent's Nautilus seem to stay in the rear if the opponent has slow units such as the Turtles)

GE level 3, battle 7
1st Wave: 4 Nautilus, 4 Eels
2nd Wave: 2 Eels, 2 Dragons

Any idea how to defeat this?
(please don't say: bring your battle-GBs to level 80. That's my plan, but it will take another year... currently I have 165% Attack, 92% defense, and this is with activated tavern boost.)

any of these DAs can be defeated with Hover Tanks. 8 tanks and hold them on the line. allow the other troops to come to them. keep them in stealth if you DO move them and stay on the right side of the field.. manually fought even 8 turtles can be beaten this way