• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

GE in oceanic future - how? Battles are MUCH harder than in AF

Andi47

Overlord
I have the impression that in Oceanic Future the guild expedition (towards the end of level 2, and onwards) is damn hard - in some cases (even the last one of level 2) I need to negotiate, because it is almost impossible (without CDM, Aachen and Zeus all at level 60+) to win the battles.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fight and which units to use in the end of GE-level 2 and in level 3?

DeletedUser3666

i have to agree, the Eel´s are to overpowered atm, the A.I. should be changed a bit to behave more like Recon raiders.
By that I mean they should not move across half the battlefield in the first turn, give the players at least one more round in before they attack (when there are other type of troops in the lineup).
they are already better than RR because of longer range and it has stealth, so there shouldn't be a problem making such a small change to the A.I behavior

I thought Crab mechs were terrible, but when I lost 4 units in a GE level 1 battle with 1 Crab mech and 7 rogues, I realised they were much worse than that.

The same fight with 1 bf and 7 rogues cost just one loss.

DeletedUser7779

lol, i just use them when there are lots of eels in the army.
LOL i don't use them even then, i prefer dragon drones or plasmas against eels. ;)
Unfortunately we're not unlocking lvl 4 this week again(we only do it when in tough competition for 1st place), so I won't be able to test that setup mentioned by Whiskey.
As expected though, second week was easier than 1st one. A plasma/BF/rogues combo works almost everywhere, i didn't even bother to try fighting with eels and other craps ;)

DeletedUser7779

I really don't know how could plasmas work well against eels. They have bonus against artillery, and move first in the battle, so if there're 2 plasmas and 6 rogues, the 8 eels will turn the 6 rogues and kill one of the unattached plasmas immediately. Plasma could only work, if there're at most 2 eels in the battle, because then they won't run and attack in their first step, so we have the chance to shoot them first with our plasmas...

I was obviously talking about when only 2-3 eels in defense ;) There's no encounter wit 8 eels on levels 1-3, so I wasn't able to test that yet. Obviously plasmas won't work against 8.

2 lost unattached drones, diamonds or surrender: http://prntscr.com/eqilp7
Then just simply use 2 attached drones and 6 unattached rogues. The AI tends to hit unattached first, so I always use this "trick" when i want particular units to survive. Or even the other way around - when I want certain troops to die on first wave, I use unattached.

One drone, one sub cruiser (i could solve the encounter with this combination, but definately not for the first attempt, huge luck needed) and 6 rogues. I only needed a very lucky terrain to keep some CRABs far enough in their 2nd turn too (maybe some even in their 3rd). I also had huge luck when my rogues turned, subs are the good ones for this battle, if more than 2 rogues turned to drones, i've lost too many units in the first wave (simply because i had to get close to the CRABs with the drones, so i couldn't keep some CRABs far away from my units), when tried the 2nd, i lost, surrender was a better option at half time... And at the end of the first wave i had huge luck, my sub cruiser died, so i had no problem in the 2nd wave against the eels, because i only had one drone when i finally solved this encounter.... Terrible balance! This time i didn't try CRABs, but as i remember, last time too many units were lost against 8 in the enemy...
That's exactly what I meant a few days ago. Glad it worked. A 'high play' - to let one of the real troops die on purpose in first wave. I'd even use 1 unattached cruiser and all the rest attached to increase the chance of cruiser getting killed. Luck is still a huge factor of course but you showed it's doable. Tbh i can't wait to try it out.
Hopefully next week I will.

Please, introduce all the 5 types of units at once in a new era, e.g. in every 2nd part, so in the first, and in the 3rd, but all types needed, the balance between AF-FE units was terrible, and now the balance is ridiculous too in the GE. It's simply not possible to make a good balance with only 3 types of units, the old ones must be strong enough against them, some of the new ones are overpowered against almost everything else, the other are too weak etc.
That's what I've been asking for all along but of course Inno didn't listen. Upto FE all eras were released at once and there were no issues with balancing and no complaints. Since AF was released it screwed up everything (idk how Inno came up with this terrible idea of releasing eras in parts), we got our rails nerfed because of too weak AF troops, then we got AF troops rebalanced, and now it looks like a dejavu. I seriously wonder why there's even beta, as Inno wont listen to our feedback, they will rush to release everything as it is and only when it goes live and millions of live players start complaining they might change it. That's a little insulting imo.

DeletedUser7251

One week has past and nothing changed. Well said Whiskey-s. This GE has become a fracking joke.

I'm still waiting for a developer to show us how is possible to pass that battle. first wave 8 c.r.a.b second wave 8 eels.

DeletedUser3666

I'm still waiting for a developer to show us how is possible to pass that battle. first wave 8 c.r.a.b second wave 8 eels.

yes so frustrating, I'm stuck on this fight as well, my stats are 168 att / 91 def with tavern boost, thats the best can do
as it stands right now I don't see me ever getting past this stage...

Andi47

Overlord
One week has past and nothing changed. Well said Whiskey-s. This GE has become a fracking joke.

The only way I see (Sorry, I did not have a chance to test it yet - maybe I will have my GBs ready around christmas 2019):
1.) bring Zeus, Aachen and CdM all to level 250 or higher
2.) Activate 30% tavern boost and all your attack boost bottles
3.) attack with 2 CRABs + 6 rogues

proper stuck on fight 54, first wave 8 eels, second 7 crabs one sub cruiser

1 drone 7 rogues didn't work, because my att/def boost (132/93%) is not high enough.

any ideas? Maybe 1 crab, 1 bf, 6 rogues, and hope for a flip 'the right way' on each fight?

Tanmay11

Regent
i just completed GE. this was the last fight lol:
1cd7631863d448a1a3c3bb42b6a7896e.png
i actually made 30-40 diamonds this week. it did take quite a few attempts and no auto fighting from lvl 3.

Last edited:
Try 2 dragon drones and 6 rogues, that's better, because the eels will definately kill the one normal unit, so one won't be enough. Very lucky terrain needed, but all these encounters (will be a few of these, 8eels-8CRABs) are doable with dragon drones, if the eels and in the second wave the CRABs move well. I think i've posted an image above.

that was first thing I tried, was an epic fail. my drones can't kill the eels in 2 shots...

DeletedUser4256

Havent tried the lvl 4 yet, too much goods and efforts for too much poor rewards
So far I did the usual hard 45th encounter (1st: 7 eels 2nd: 3 plasmas,2 cruisers, 3 CRAPs) with 1 plasma and rogues, my attack boost was 139-97

The worst thing are the rewards overall ..so I usually get the ridiculous coins or supplies when solving such hard encounters of lvl 3. For me getting coins or supplies is the same as getting nothing

I have 1,853,743,578 coins and 138,443,880 supplies so I dont need more of that

NorMags

Baronet
I'm not doing GE anymore... crap prizes in both relics and chests. Sick and tired of getting bp's and decorations.... before it was possible to get 100 Fp relics every now and then...

DeletedUser7779

i can understand drones, but plasmas? im sure CRABs work way better than plasmas when fighting eels.
one fight had 6 eels and i lost only one unit using 2CRAB 6rogue combo.
I'm talking about the case when only 2-3 eels in defense ;) Plasmas ignore stealth, so I kill at least 1 eel before they get to me. Several fights on lvl 3 where I used this strategy. I like attacking with 2 plasmas 2 BFs 4 rogues or small variation of that.

Havent tried the lvl 4 yet, too much goods and efforts for too much poor rewards
So far I did the usual hard 45th encounter (1st: 7 eels 2nd: 3 plasmas,2 cruisers, 3 CRAPs) with 1 plasma and rogues, my attack boost was 139-97

The worst thing are the rewards overall ..so I usually get the ridiculous coins or supplies when solving such hard encounters of lvl 3. For me getting coins or supplies is the same as getting nothing

I have 1,853,743,578 coins and 138,443,880 supplies so I dont need more of that
I agree the rewards are too poor for all the losses we suffer. On fights 45-48 I use 1 dragon drone 7 rogues. On 45 if the eels line up in pairs of 2 or 3, you kill them instantly with no losses and even though drones are not good against cruisers and CRAPs on 2nd wave, you enter the battle with full army against 5 units (ignore plasmas as they can't hit the drones). Loses a few rogues but success is guaranteed ;)

DeletedUser7779

had to negotiate most of it in the end

another tough one is the one with 8 cruisers and 6 craps/2 plasmas

can't think of anything that would work there

Maybe 2 plasmas 6 rogues would work on that? At least in theory ;) The plasmas have boost against ranged units, so they should be able to 2-hit kill the cruisers without getting hit back (move plasmas to the corners)? Good terrain will help a lot too.
Ideally, you lose 2 rogues on 1st wave and enter 2nd with 2 plasmas 4 rogues - that should be enough imo because the CRAPs are too slow.

DeletedUser5663

This tells me you dont understand the game.I wont extend this conversation cause for me is pretty clear what level you have in the game. You are not smart enough.
So some people can beat it, and you can't and that somehow makes ME not understand the game and not smart enough? With that kind of logic it is no wonder you are having problems with difficult battles LOL