• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected GBG - provide guilds the motivation for the battles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owl II

Emperor
Reason
There is no reason for guilds to fight in GBG now. We can get everything we need here effortlessly. But If there is no opponents on the battleground players within the Guild begin to compete for personal reward among themselves. This is bad in everyway
Details
The Guild Battlegrounds came to FOE almost 10 months ago. Now the Diamond League is not the best. This mean only maximum rewards. Аnd these rewards are available to any Guild almost effortlessly. Guilds that have reached the LP limit have no reason to fight. This gameplay promised to be the most interesting. But now it has become a primitive farm. We need to create a competitive environment to revive the PBG. To do this, enough to increase the number of leagues and(or) change the system for calculation LP.
Balance
The balance of the game will be better overall. This will make the guilds fight to get prestige points
Abuse Prevention
This suggestion in sum a prevention of abuse
Summary
If you reduce the interval between leagues, the weak guilds will have less chance of getting into the same group as the top. And if you add a bonus to the LP for the first three places, it will give an additional incentive to fight.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
I didn't find a similar suggestion in this section.
1. Exclude the weakest Guilds out of the fight for the top rewards. To do this, add an additional League and reduce the LP interval for the Diamond League to 50 points(951-1000). Change other LP intervals as well. For the Platinum League, assign an interval of 100 LP, for the Gold - 200, for the Silver - 250, for the Copper-300. And finally for an additional League-100 LP. Let's call it Straw. This League may not contain personal rewards and will be a stepping stone to enter the real GB
2. Give guilds a reason to fight for the best places. To do this add a prestige bonus for received LP's for 1-3 places in the group (+25% for P1, 15% for P2 and 5% for P3). The same as in GE or GvG

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Really? So what do you think about it?

I agree with Crashboom and beelzebob666, we may agree with increase the motivation to battle, but not see that your suggestion will achieve that.

First part of your idea is already solved: " 1. Exclude the weakest Guilds out of the fight for the top rewards." They get the lower rewards if not strong enough to get to the top positions. So nothing is required " To do this, ..."

Create another League? It just changing the scale, overtime you will get the same situation in the new range of LP for the new League.

Reducing the LP interval for the Diamond League to 50 points (951-1000)?
Then we will have a lot of guilds bouncing from this league to the lower one one week and surely bouncing back to Diamonds on the next one.
As beelzebob666 said "high gains and losses of LP this leads to guilds winning easily in one round and losing without any chance in the next round", and with just a 50 LP loss the guild is demoted to the lower league, and next week with just 50 LP gain then back to Diamond. Is this what we want? What that would achieve?

I think the League intervals, if they must be different per League, must be longer at top leagues and shorter at lower ones. And rewards should be set in a way that a guild would need at least to win two GBG 1st positions in a row to pass to next League. Promotion should not be that easy, and in top Leagues should be harder than in lower leagues to pass to a new League.

Harder to stay on League, or to pass to next one should be the motivation to fight, not to increase rewards for top positions in one season to make it easier to climb up.

" This League may not contain personal rewards " How many guildmates will answer the call to fight in GBG, if after a battle (for the whole GBG season) they will not receive 10 FPs, or X goods, Y units, or a Statue of Honor fragment? They would save their troops for plundering at the neighborhood or at GE. At least there they could find goods, FPs and a chance for Diamonds.

Owl II

Emperor
First part of your idea is already solved: " 1. Exclude the weakest Guilds out of the fight for the top rewards." They get the lower rewards if not strong enough to get to the top positions. So nothing is required " To do this, ..."
Rewards within the League are almost the same (if we are talking about final rewards). In addition i think, the main motivation for the Guild is prestige. A Guild in 1st place in the group gets 18,000 prestige points. But a Guild in 6th place can get 18,000 prestige points as well . Where is the difference?

Reducing the LP interval for the Diamond League to 50 points (951-1000)?
Then we will have a lot of guilds bouncing from this league to the lower one one week and surely bouncing back to Diamonds on the next one.
As beelzebob666 said "high gains and losses of LP this leads to guilds winning easily in one round and losing without any chance in the next round", and with just a 50 LP loss the guild is demoted to the lower league, and next week with just 50 LP gain then back to Diamond. Is this what we want? What that would achieve?
If a weak Guild leaves the top league, it's not bad! Now weak guilds remain in the top league for months, almost exanimate . This is bad. The Guild takes the 6th place(if there are 8 participants) and it remains in the Diamond league. If we reduce the range in the diamond League to 50, but keep the current LP values that guilds lose or gain at the end of the season, then the Guild with 1000 LP will drop from the 6th place to the Platinum League. They will come back if they want to. But now they stay. And 10 more are coming . This is a natural disaster for the most powerful guilds.

" This League may not contain personal rewards " How many guildmates will answer the call to fight in GBG, if after a battle (for the whole GBG season) they will not receive 10 FPs, or X goods, Y units, or a Statue of Honor fragment? They would save their troops for plundering at the neighborhood or at GE. At least there they could find goods, FPs and a chance for Diamonds.
Have you ever seen what's going in the Copper league? No? Then we won't discuss it yet

Owl II

Emperor
No matter. The winner gets the same candy as the loser. Why fight then? You can just take the candy

Owl II

Emperor
to get thousands of FP :rolleyes:

and we all know
don't eat the ****ing candy
Yes! We return to farming. But farming is not a competition. Then, if no one takes over your provinces, you won't be able to get your thousands of FP.:rolleyes:And you will start fighting with each other because someone did not have enough

By the way, caries happens from an plenty of FPs, did you know? ;)

Last edited:
Have you ever seen what's going in the Copper league?

Sorry, I have no personal data about the Copper League.

In the worlds were I am active, my guilds have been in the top leagues (Diamond, Platinum) since GBG started. My guilds in these active worlds had been in the top 10, top 25 or top 50 rankings before GBG started, (and have stayed in those rankings after GBG).
---
Please explain what is going on at the Copper League and how your suggestion will help (if applicable).

Owl II

Emperor
Sorry, I have no personal data about the Copper League.

In the worlds were I am active, my guilds have been in the top leagues (Diamond, Platinum) since GBG started. My guilds in these active worlds had been in the top 10, top 25 or top 50 rankings before GBG started, (and have stayed in those rankings after GBG).
---
Please explain what is going on at the Copper League and how your suggestion will help (if applicable).
I have it
40 fights will give you a chance to move to a higher League. How many players will it take?
I'm not interested in the Copper League. No one is interested it. But thank you for the detailed answer. You and I have different experiences in GB.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I have observation data from copper leagues (side worlds)
8 guilds doing nothing :D
jupp, because the personal rewards are too low... you barely get anything in the lower leagues because the factors of low activity and low rewards multiply...

So, Copper League is the starter one, intended for the inactive, easy to get out of it to encourage the inactive ones to become more active.

More or less like the Stone Age, close and open your eyes and then you are already at Bronze Age.

Owl II

Emperor
No one plays in the Copper League because they just don't keep up. Click and they moved to the Silver League. Diamond League should be a mirroring. If the Guild is relaxed, it goes to Platinum.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
The largest problem with GBG atm is the participants. The focus has transitioned from competition to farming. I don't have a solution to that though - people suck ;)

The league system is more-or-less fine - it does what it was intended to do. Yes there's a wide range of guilds at 1000 now, but there was always a disparity in the top groups where there was only a few that "belonged" there and the rest got kicked out and fought back up, repeat ad nauseum. And no changing of the ranking is going to make more competitive guilds appear.

A necessary part of the solution to this would be cross-world groups. There isn't 8 guilds with sufficient parity on most servers to make a fair and interesting top group. There certainly isn't enough to create diverse groups so they're not seeing the same opponents week after week unless you go even further down the tiers of guild strength (which the system does now do as more guilds group up at 1000). Unfortunately in the GBG Feedback, the developers revealed they wanted to do this but couldn't for technical reasons.

It's possible if you address the parity issue that slowing down movement could reduce the ping-pong effect. i.e. atm you can move up or down as much as 175 in a season. What if instead that number was 70 (10 per spot you beat instead of 25)? Then you'd be less prone to grossly overshooting your true strength with a single first place finish. Nor would guilds from the all-1000 groups get kicked down to stomp all over some platinum plebs the following week.

No one plays in the Copper League because they just don't keep up. Click and they moved to the Silver League. Diamond League should be a mirroring. If the Guild is relaxed, it goes to Platinum.
Isn't this already what happens? The bottom guild gets -150 points and the top guild gets +150.

Maybe the leadership has to accept the invitation to move up a league instead of being thrown to literal sharks? More requirements for higher levels such as your guild has to be at least level 5/25/50/75 to move up a league?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
If all the top guilds would have to play in the same battleground instead of 2 of them and 6 fillers, I think the competition would get quite harsh

The tier below the top is worse than the top with fillers though (i.e. low diamond). Where expectation has started to transform into "all-guild farming alliance" and mob mentality against those that don't agree to it.

Maybe the leadership has to accept the invitation to move up a league instead of being thrown to literal sharks?

That'd just lead to more metagaming. i.e. "we can rule platinum or get stomped in diamond, so let's never leave platinum"

More requirements for higher levels such as your guild has to be at least level 5/25/50/75 to move up a league?

And that seems awfully artificial. I know sub-50 diamond guilds that actually belong in diamond. And there's always newly formed guilds of high level players from drama spillover that are way stronger than a normal new guild. Noone would benefit from holding them down while they level their shiny new guild :p

I do think they might benefit from slowing down the rate of change of LP as I mentioned above - +/- 175 is a huge swing.

Last edited:

Owl II

Emperor
Isn't this already what happens? The bottom guild gets -150 points and the top guild gets +150.
Do some simple math, and you will see that it doesn't happen. Guilds are being added more than Guilds are leaving the diamond League now. Balance will come some day. If the platinum League has the same number of participants as the diamond League. But who wants to have this balance?

Status
Not open for further replies.