• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected GBG - provide guilds the motivation for the battles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owl II

Emperor
Reason
There is no reason for guilds to fight in GBG now. We can get everything we need here effortlessly. But If there is no opponents on the battleground players within the Guild begin to compete for personal reward among themselves. This is bad in everyway
Details
The Guild Battlegrounds came to FOE almost 10 months ago. Now the Diamond League is not the best. This mean only maximum rewards. Аnd these rewards are available to any Guild almost effortlessly. Guilds that have reached the LP limit have no reason to fight. This gameplay promised to be the most interesting. But now it has become a primitive farm. We need to create a competitive environment to revive the PBG. To do this, enough to increase the number of leagues and(or) change the system for calculation LP.
Balance
The balance of the game will be better overall. This will make the guilds fight to get prestige points
Abuse Prevention
This suggestion in sum a prevention of abuse
Summary
If you reduce the interval between leagues, the weak guilds will have less chance of getting into the same group as the top. And if you add a bonus to the LP for the first three places, it will give an additional incentive to fight.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
I didn't find a similar suggestion in this section.
1. Exclude the weakest Guilds out of the fight for the top rewards. To do this, add an additional League and reduce the LP interval for the Diamond League to 50 points(951-1000). Change other LP intervals as well. For the Platinum League, assign an interval of 100 LP, for the Gold - 200, for the Silver - 250, for the Copper-300. And finally for an additional League-100 LP. Let's call it Straw. This League may not contain personal rewards and will be a stepping stone to enter the real GB
2. Give guilds a reason to fight for the best places. To do this add a prestige bonus for received LP's for 1-3 places in the group (+25% for P1, 15% for P2 and 5% for P3). The same as in GE or GvG

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
The only thing you are changing with that approach is that other ("weak") guilds get less rewards, because their "League" is lower than before. You change nothing about the balance.

In case you do not know how battlegrounds are allotted:
Guilds are sorted according to their LP and then from the top of the stack 8 guilds (in some cases less) are taken to form a battleground, removed from the stack and then the next bunch of guilds it put into the next battleground. Among the 1000 LP range an additional parameter might get applied for sorting the guilds, but there is no validated info on this.

The main problem is the high gradient of guild strengths in the upper leagues - in connection with the
- high gains and losses of LP this leads to guilds winning easily in one round and losing without any chance in the next round
- LP capped at 1000 this leads to about halve the diamond guilds having an LP of 1000 so that guilds with high strength differences are forced into the same battleground

The ways I already proposed for changing this are:
- reduce the LP gains/losses at least in diamond and platinum so that the guilds stop yoyo'ing (as extremely)
- set the LP gains/losses in such a way (dynamically per battleground) that a guild that finished on a lower place does not end up at the same or higher LP level as a higher placed guild (this also means that all guilds fighting in a 1000 LP battleground besides P1 will lose some LP)

Owl II

Emperor
The only thing you are changing with that approach is that other ("weak") guilds get less rewards, because their "League" is lower than before. You change nothing about the balance.

In case you do not know how battlegrounds are allotted:
Guilds are sorted according to their LP and then from the top of the stack 8 guilds (in some cases less) are taken to form a battleground, removed from the stack and then the next bunch of guilds it put into the next battleground. Among the 1000 LP range an additional parameter might get applied for sorting the guilds, but there is no validated info on this.

I probably put it wrong. We have 60 or more guilds in the Diamond League currently on my live server. 31 guilds have 1000 LP. About 10 guilds have players, a treasury, and everything else to fight. The other guilds are placeholders. They have 1000 LP today. And they will lose the LP next season. And their place will be taken by the same placeholders. If these 10 guilds were in the same group, it would be great. However "among the 1000 LP range, an additional parameter can be applied to sort guilds", as you said above. What is this parameter? No one knows. But if 2 strong guilds are in the same group, it is very rare. Still, the guilds have no reason to fight. Because no one of them will lose their 1000 LP.
The idea is to separate the placeholders from the fighting guilds. Then we can give the fighting guilds a reason to fight
The main problem is the high gradient of guild strengths in the upper leagues - in connection with the
- high gains and losses of LP this leads to guilds winning easily in one round and losing without any chance in the next round
- LP capped at 1000 this leads to about halve the diamond guilds having an LP of 1000 so that guilds with high strength differences are forced into the same battleground

The ways I already proposed for changing this are:
- reduce the LP gains/losses at least in diamond and platinum so that the guilds stop yoyo'ing (as extremely)
- set the LP gains/losses in such a way (dynamically per battleground) that a guild that finished on a lower place does not end up at the same or higher LP level as a higher placed guild (this also means that all guilds fighting in a 1000 LP battleground besides P1 will lose some LP)
Can I get a link to this discussion?

Last edited:

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
The idea is to separate the placeholders from the fighting guilds. Then we can give the fighting guilds a reason to fight
I understood your intention - problem is, you will not achieve that with the proposed changes
Can I get a link to this discussion?
In the German forums

PS: you should also change or remove your poll... That a change is necessary is obvious. But voting yes would be associated to your proposal even if not intended.

CrashBoom

Legend
2. Give guilds a reason to fight for the best places. To do this add a bonus LP for 1-3 places in the group (+25% for P1, 15% for P2 and 5% for P3)
lol

1000 LP + 150 LP won + 25% extra

what will be the result ?

1. Exclude the weakest Guilds out of the fight for the top rewards.
the weakest guild will probably be last

so they automatically don't get the top reward, only the last place reward :rolleyes:

Guilds that have reached the LP limit have no reason to fight.
I can't see anything that the idea would change there ?

LP limit will be LP limit will be diamonds which will still be diamond will still have the same (you say no) reason to fight

Owl II

Emperor
In the German forums
Currently, are your suggestions still un discussion there? They were not rejected or sent for review?
PS: you should also change or remove your poll... That a change is necessary is obvious. But voting yes would be associated to your proposal even if not intended.
The pool is not available for editing. Anyway, it would be something like "do you support this idea?"

CrashBoom

Legend
No, not really - it worked OK for as long as the guilds did not pile up at 1000 LP - but ever since, the battlegrounds in that area are not balanced at all.
so basically there need to be more points

something easy but not really powerful
guilds with 1000+ LP will earn more points
place 1: +4
place 2: +3
place 3: +2
place 4: +1

so the top teams get matched together
and the newly 1000 LP guilds don't get to the super duper win every season team (because they are higher than 1000 and get opponents which are also higher than 1000)

kmc11

Farmer
There needs to be an overhaul to the league system
( Bronze Leage noone is doing anything and everyone is getting #1 rewards )
( Diamong league, either you're stuck at 1000LP and get thrown in the lion's cave or you go plat and effectively have no real competition half of the time)

I'm with one of the guilds dominating the GBG on my server, recently joined a smaller guild temporarily to help them out a bit,
the difference in diamond league and even platinum matchups is insane. You can face up against guilds that take 4 hours to take a sector, or against guilds that take less than 60 seconds.

Capping the LP at 1000 is not going to cut it

Owl II

Emperor
No reason to fight ? GbG is the best source of forge points, army and goods . .what are you talking about ? Sorry but you are very very wrong !
Leagues are fine . .maybe another league above Diamond . . but system works ok.
I m sorry, I did not say "no reason to farm". But if you get a weak opponent, it can be a problem as well. ;)

Last edited:

dpghost

Steward
what can I say...bad idea...
the difference between a strong guild and a weaker one is not reflected in LP at the moment
But I think , on the contrary we need to increase the league definition, like ten times to allow for differences in guild position even in diamond league

Owl II

Emperor
But I think , on the contrary we need to increase the league definition, like ten times to allow for differences in guild position even in diamond league
Maybe. But I think we will come back to the same problem after a while.

Last edited:

Owl II

Emperor
I can't create a model and see how my idea will affect the selection of an opponent. But the developers did tests. I don't think they planned to put Guild with one player and Guild with 70 + members, half of them in SAAB . But we see it now.

I want to point out the problem and see what the community thinks about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.