• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback GBG Improvements part 3

Hopefully the RtV fragments won't affect the rest of the rewards too much. What I would prefer is if a reward would normally be a SoH fragment, have the game generate another random number to determine if it's a regular SoH fragment or an RtV. That way we'd get less SoH fragments overall (not really an issue for plat/diamond league players), but the frequency of the other rewards would remain unaffected.

DeletedUser10282

If this lowers the odds (per encounter) of winning FPS, troops or diamonds, many people won’t be happy. If it decreases the odds of winning SOH fragments I could live with it I have so many, In any case, I don’t plan to ever plant an RtV as it stands now.

DeletedUser3858

Who are the Best Exercisers of the Asteroid Belt Era? thanks

Fenix

Viceroy
Something might have changed in GBG, yesterday I got road fragments, and today none. This is a good thing for me.

DeletedUser8707

Road to Victory need to be like SoH, build level one or upgrade. People don't have the space to build a line of RoV.
You mean that only "Platinum and Diamond league" guild members dont have space, underline that this reward is not for all who do GbG fights in its current form.

Why dont make "Upgrade kit" where any GbG fighter may select between different options from SoH to RoV base building to upgrades, that way all GbG players get stuff they want most when they grind fights in their leagues.

, if RoV is given to all GbG players then its good give it some levels to help city space(I can clear city for defence % easily, not all can)

Arwaren

Squire
People don't have the space to build a line of RoV.
If someone has little space, this building will not be built. And the reason is obvious. Events are too often and give better rewards(in 2020 Forge Bowl Event you could win a lot of Sentinel Outpost with a diamond trainer, this building is in the next events where you can get it). Road to Victory will be for players who have few bonuses and will gladly decide to increase them. But after some time these buildings will be replaced with event buildings. And we still have Great Buildings that can take a lot of space for players from lower eras.

Thunderbummy

Marquis
I have not posted before now on this issue because I wanted to let GBG run for a couple of days or so. Outcome - decidedly unhappy. As others have already mentioned, the prize offered is a very poor use of space, especially for advanced age players. Therefore at current values, it, like the St Patricks day offerings before it, is straight to the Antiques Dealer. This would be ok, if it was just an extra prize but my concern is that it seems, after 250+ battles, to have been given at the expense of the forge point prize. I have an inventory stuffed with fragments that I don't want and will never use but relatively few FP prizes that I always welcomed. Take it off of the battle prize list and I don't care what happens to it. Keep it there at the expense of FPs and I am royally fed up. Alternatively, increase the value of the rewards so that I actually want it and I will be happy either way.

podkap1970

Emperor
I have not posted before now on this issue because I wanted to let GBG run for a couple of days or so. Outcome - decidedly unhappy. As others have already mentioned, the prize offered is a very poor use of space, especially for advanced age players. Therefore at current values, it, like the St Patricks day offerings before it, is straight to the Antiques Dealer. This would be ok, if it was just an extra prize but my concern is that it seems, after 250+ battles, to have been given at the expense of the forge point prize. I have an inventory stuffed with fragments that I don't want and will never use but relatively few FP prizes that I always welcomed. Take it off of the battle prize list and I don't care what happens to it. Keep it there at the expense of FPs and I am royally fed up. Alternatively, increase the value of the rewards so that I actually want it and I will be happy either way.
this!

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Hopefully the RtV fragments won't affect the rest of the rewards too much. What I would prefer is if a reward would normally be a SoH fragment, have the game generate another random number to determine if it's a regular SoH fragment or an RtV. That way we'd get less SoH fragments overall (not really an issue for plat/diamond league players), but the frequency of the other rewards would remain unaffected.

Still an issue. While yes I have 'lots' of Statues by now and don't *need* more, I still do *want* more. Where i don't *want* RtVs at all! And since RtVs are restricted to platinum+ it gives an extra bit of motivation to try and stay in gold or below. All of my guilds are on the gold-platinum border where they spend some amount of time in platinum atm; gold is in general better rewards since the extra 30 progress per sector to get setup in platinum can be prohibitive for a small guild. I don't get to do the 'thousands of fights' in platinum that I do in gold often. Nevertheless I have done my best to stay in platinum where possible. If the extra stigma of 'worse fragments' gets added to platinum I will instead expend a little extra effort to *get out* of platinum and back to gold :p

Umbrathor

Baronet
There is a design flaw in the road, int that the statue still needs a road connection, but the road does not. Logic disctates that if you connect a RtV to a statue, that piece of road should connect the statue to a road, and replace the road connection prerequisite rather than the other way around. It should work that way for the entire chain: the final road piece should connect the entire chain to a road, not the statue itself.

Umbrathor

Baronet
My main worry is that the fragments are winnable from fights. It may have been intended as a nerf, to reduce especially the amount of fp's people win from GBG. And frankly, that I can understand. People with high attack bonuses can amass a large amount of fp's very quickly. In GE that is limited because of the max. number of battles per week. In GBG the number of battles that high level players can achieve is quite large. Compared to lower level guild members, the difference in growth rate is increased greatly by the difference in achievable fp gain.

So nerfing fp's: probably needed and fine by me. Even apart from the road fragments.

However, if the road fragments also reduce the chance to get statue fragments, diamonds, goods or units, then I consider their introduction as a big step backwards. My main motivation for playing GBG is the statue fragments and the chance to win fp's or diamonds. If the chances to win statue fragments and diamonds go down, that is a major disappointment.

Alternatives:
* remove the chance to win fp's entirely. Instead, be more liberal with fragment pieces and increase the fp output of the statue at max. level (lvl 8) to 8.
* reduce the amount of fp's winnable to 2-3-4-5-6 (bronze, silver, gold, platinum and diamond resp.), possibly with a moderately reduced chance to get fp's (whatever is needed to balance it)

Last edited:

Umbrathor

Baronet
The road itself I am not very ethousiastic about. For now, defense for the attacking army is a rare bonus. But for a 3x2 building I do not consider the gains all that good. I consider getting every road fragment as just a missed 'good prize'. That is not what you want to achieve with it, especially not at the higher tiers.

The fact that they are winnable only in platinum and diamond would then become a reason to stay away from those leagues.

DeletedUser8707

The road itself I am not very ethousiastic about. For now, defense for the attacking army is a rare bonus. But for a 3x2 building I do not consider the gains all that good. I consider getting every road fragment as just a missed 'good prize'. That is not what you want to achieve with it, especially not at the higher tiers.

The fact that they are winnable only in platinum and diamond would then become a reason to stay away from those leagues.
, this leads me to conclusion that SoH and RoV selection kit may satisfy most,

+ all leagues still receive their advantage
+ all GbG players can select what they want
+ any GbG player may grind NEW buildings
+ Inno dont need make overpowered elitist special buildings
+ Inno may add upgrade option later if they see it fit

, something else?

Beta-OD

Squire
I'm pretty disappointed by this, mostly by how bad it it compared to the SoH.

Ways I could see it better:
-Level it up somehow
-Put it on either side of the SoH (making it 2x as good if you use it between 2 SoH)
-Act as a road for the SoH (allowing it to fit in long narrow spaces)
-Reduce its size greatly

Miepie

Baronet
What I've read here, I'm not enthousiastic. If I understand correctly, these new fragments reduce the likelyhood of winning something else. So in short, diamondleague now offers less attractive prices. And no, I don't want victory roads, they're not nearly good enough for the space they take. Get the feeling they are primarely introduced to reduce the other prices. Thanks but no thanks. I'm sure they've spend a lot of time in the design and all, but do us a favour and throw them in the bin