• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback GBG Improvements part 3

DeletedUser9570

Also, having to add the pieces of road takes space and, therefore, is not as efficient as upgrading the statue of honour. No, I don't think this road is an improvement. Please instead add more levels to the statue!

DeletedUser8152

Thumbs Down. It's too big, maybe if it gave fp's also it might be better. Now in gbg we get very few fp awards which is why I play gbg. So my participation is going to go way down. Bring back the fp awards!

coolyfooly

Squire
Yes very underwhelming maybe make it give 5% attack and defense for attacking armies at least... Or hell what if they made it give 1% increase to rewards on GBs like Arc for each one that be nice ;) Give something special something worth the effort.... some kind of carrot on a stick :)

Thunderbummy

Marquis
OK another 3 days in and I now have an avid dislike of the road segments. So much so that I am rapidly losing interest in GBG. The good thing is that I no longer spend diamonds to accelerate siege camps etc. The main advantage of maintaining a large number of battles has gone so basically, as far as GBG is concerned, so have I.

Umbrathor

Baronet
My main worry is that the fragments are winnable from fights. It may have been intended as a nerf, to reduce especially the amount of fp's people win from GBG. And frankly, that I can understand. People with high attack bonuses can amass a large amount of fp's very quickly. In GE that is limited because of the max. number of battles per week. In GBG the number of battles that high level players can achieve is quite large. Compared to lower level guild members, the difference in growth rate is increased greatly by the difference in achievable fp gain.

So nerfing fp's: probably needed and fine by me. Even apart from the road fragments.

However, if the road fragments also reduce the chance to get statue fragments, diamonds, goods or units, then I consider their introduction as a big step backwards. My main motivation for playing GBG is the statue fragments and the chance to win fp's or diamonds. If the chances to win statue fragments and diamonds go down, that is a major disappointment.

Alternatives:
* remove the chance to win fp's entirely. Instead, be more liberal with fragment pieces and increase the fp output of the statue at max. level (lvl 8) to 8.
* reduce the amount of fp's winnable to 2-3-4-5-6 (bronze, silver, gold, platinum and diamond resp.), possibly with a moderately reduced chance to get fp's (whatever is needed to balance it)
If it is a nerf, as I assumed in the above post, please consider communicating that clearly. There is a lot of negative feedback in this thread, especially towards the loss of fp, for which the road fragments are not considered to be compensation. My experience is that if you explain why an unpleasant measure is necessary, people will still be unhappy, but at least most of them will understand, and some will even agree with it. Without the explanation, you mostly just meet frustration.

Good communication is essential in any relationship, after all. ; )

Umbrathor

Baronet
in lower leagues you get more often less FP
They don't mean the amount of fp's -it is well known that every league gets a different amount of fp's- but the frequency with which you get fp's.

None of us can compare, since on beta we play in one league only. So I suppose they are askng the question of Inno.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
can we get the new drop % numbers so we will know how much of a nerf this "improvement" is?
do you have the "old numbers" for comparison? ;)

I personally like the idea of this building, but with its current values I do not see myself using it...

Could you just increase the amount of fragments needed or reduce the number of fragments to be won and improve the stats a little?

Make it rare and valuable instead of freely available and trashy!

Last edited:

coolyfooly

Squire
I kinda wish they made it so territories were only locked for 2hours. Boring seeing everything constantly locked up. Or maybe make the map bigger?

qaccy

Emperor
Thumbs Down. It's too big, maybe if it gave fp's also it might be better. Now in gbg we get very few fp awards which is why I play gbg. So my participation is going to go way down. Bring back the fp awards!
OK another 3 days in and I now have an avid dislike of the road segments. So much so that I am rapidly losing interest in GBG. The good thing is that I no longer spend diamonds to accelerate siege camps etc. The main advantage of maintaining a large number of battles has gone so basically, as far as GBG is concerned, so have I.

I kinda have something against people who express sentiment like this. 'I'll only help my guild if there's something in it for me'. It's sad that the only way to get some players to participate in guild-oriented features is to essentially bribe them to do it. Would you not participate at all if there were no rewards other than the guild benefits? If everyone thought like that, how would guilds level up and provide bonuses to their members?

DeletedUser10121

I kinda have something against people who express sentiment like this. 'I'll only help my guild if there's something in it for me'. It's sad that the only way to get some players to participate in guild-oriented features is to essentially bribe them to do it. Would you not participate at all if there were no rewards other than the guild benefits? If everyone thought like that, how would guilds level up and provide bonuses to their members?
I think the most similar thing to that would be GVG,there are no rewards but battle points.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator

Well if the benefit to leveling up was more significant it might be easier to talk them into it 'for guild benefits'. Guild benefits are scaled based on a time when 1 FP a day was a big deal. These days guild benefits may as well not exist to the members most capable of furthering them. Guild Level means about as much as ranking score. It's just a number you can choose to focus on :p