• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Forum Improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Is separating the spoilers from the discussion really something wanted? Finding the separate information updates in the announcement thread and having to have someone basically repost them *into* the feedback discussion I consider a downside.

Now given that feedback threads can get lively and new information can get buried it's perhaps a necessity for content announcements - but have spoiler threads ever gotten out of control?

ArklurBeta

Baronet
I think it's a good change. It was kinda annoying when you were waiting for something new to show up, see a new message under the Spoiler section but turns out to be it's just someone asking "Anything new?", "When?". In the new Spoiler section, is there is something new/unread, I knew it's something added/changed. In a way, it's really just the same, you could consider the new thread a "pinned comment" in the Spoiler Discussion thread.

I think it's a good change. It was kinda annoying when you were waiting for something new to show up, see a new message under the Spoiler section but turns out to be it's just someone asking "Anything new?", "When?". In the new Spoiler section, is there is something new/unread, I knew it's something added/changed. In a way, it's really just the same, you could consider the new thread a "pinned comment" in the Spoiler Discussion thread.
All in one is always best. It's better to keep feedback and discussion mainly on things available already with beta players. Don't overdo spoilers linking into the feedback/discussion thread, it's unnecessary.

I also don't like it because then I have to go to two different places to see and then to comment. The same with the announcements and announcement discussion being two separate pages.

Also rarely do the people who post spoilers know what the spoiler is for, it's a big guess unless it's obvious. We don't even know whats happening for the summer event, it's all speculation on what that pirate game is.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
In the comments (FEEDBACK/DISCUSSION/BUG REPORT), we share our problem and forum members will have option to like, quote and reply. Some occasions 'like' is okay, but for telling the issue or problem, having 'like' button is not appropriate. It is like one member saying "Cannot get the rewards from event chest, incidents and ge encounter etc" and other member having the same problem hitting like for the given comments here will be considered as both are enjoying the issue. Not sure if it is possible to modify in the forum, just sharing here.

Velvet Thunder

FORUM MODERATOR
Beta Moderator
Is separating the spoilers from the discussion really something wanted? Finding the separate information updates in the announcement thread and having to have someone basically repost them *into* the feedback discussion I consider a downside.

Now given that feedback threads can get lively and new information can get buried it's perhaps a necessity for content announcements - but have spoiler threads ever gotten out of control?

Personally I like this change, for larger features may be all assets are not released at one go. Some one may post something initially, then there may be a lot of discussion then finally a new picture pops up and so on. In that case it is pretty annoying to sift through the speculation for some concrete spoilers. In this new system all the spoilers are consolidated in one place itself.

I also don't like it because then I have to go to two different places to see and then to comment. The same with the announcements and announcement discussion being two separate pages.

I am aware of some other language forums which put all on one page but it won't work on beta because each announcement is has multiple follow up replies. Imagine what a nightmare it will be to locate them all if they were on one page only.

I don't know if I'll be able to make myself understood, but I'm trying.

Wouldn't it be possible to have a "links" area between the different FOE forums on the beta one and to have the beta one on the forums of the different communities?

This would finally make it possible to create a link, whatever the languages used, google translate makes it possible to understand each other globally.

The advantage would be to easily discover the suggestions offered in the different communities to avoid redundancies, as well as to extend the various discussions that flourish on several forums while concerning the same subject.

It is a nice idea, but sadly we are limited by the capabilities of our forum software.

In the comments (FEEDBACK/DISCUSSION/BUG REPORT), we share our problem and forum members will have option to like, quote and reply. Some occasions 'like' is okay, but for telling the issue or problem, having 'like' button is not appropriate. It is like one member saying "Cannot get the rewards from event chest, incidents and ge encounter etc" and other member having the same problem hitting like for the given comments here will be considered as both are enjoying the issue. Not sure if it is possible to modify in the forum, just sharing here.

Unfortunately I don't think we can do away with the like button on our forums.

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
What about a dislike button to go along with the like button
The only way to show that you dont agree with a post is to respond
Those posts are usually the start of an argument
We are allowed to downvote an idea
Why cant we have a dislike button
As much as I prefer systems with downvotes (reddit), they're almost always anonymous. And that's not what we've got.

I think a "X, Y, Z, and n others disliked this post" is likely to create as many if not more flame wars because it's more lazily applicable :p i.e. there's a few posters I *almost always* disagree with what they have to say. But usually I just ignore their posts and move on. If I just have to press a button to say "no" to their post I'm more likely to do so.

Even anonymous downvotes occasionally have a poster come along starting the "why are people downvoting this" metaposts (which are never helpful :p). Attributed ones are likely to also cause "revenge-dislikes" not based on the content of the posts but based on so-and-so dared to dislike my posts, so I'm disliking theirs back!

I think it's probably best we stick with what we have barring a totally different forum system - if someone says something disagreeable enough that people want to "dislike" it, one or more such person can put forward a well reasoned argument, and others can "like" the ones they agree with instead of "disliking" the post in question.

----

In terms of quelling arguments, that falls down to moderators as to when to draw the line. Some amount of argument is natural and constructive. When it goes too far, it needs to be moderated. As much as I think certain moderation policies on inno forums are draconian and unhelpful (i.e. the extreme crackdown on links to outside websites), when it comes to moderating tone I feel they do a reasonable job.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I agreed with @xivarmy though a downvote/dislike option on for example change announcements could be beneficial. For example with seeing how many dislike there is for a change in an experimental event or how much support there is. Just the sum of up and down votes would give a very limited point in this case.
The coexistence of a like and dislike option for changes could make it easier for the devs and the mods to see how much support or lack of support a change has. When a changes gets a lot of dislikes, it's likely large quantities of constructive criticism has been provided by the community in the feedback.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
I think like xivarmy.
the "dislike" button will only generate hostilities.
and for the easy count by the developers of the things hated by the community, you only have to see the 9 months of testing WITHOUT ANY CHANGE in GbG to understand that they are only interested in bug reports and nothing others.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Unfortunately I don't think we can do away with the like button on our forums.
Not expecting to change the like button. My intention is to have different option like, if one person sharing the problem, "I want to say I have the same problem too". For this, like is not appropriate and expecting like below user icon with number mark to seek how many user have the same issue.
IMG_20230311_073221.jpg

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
You don't necessarily need a dislike button, but previously on the forums you could access other "like" emojis like a smiley face, the :p, etc. It would be nice for those to come back. (to get to them, you used to be able to open the like button link in a new tab, and then change the url id to be id=2 or something)

I am aware of some other language forums which put all on one page but it won't work on beta because each announcement is has multiple follow up replies. Imagine what a nightmare it will be to locate them all if they were on one page only.
I'm very confused because I only see english and not sure what this has to do with the spoilers section.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
@Juber, regarding en wiki page, I mentioned below content on en forum. They deleted it and asked me to go with support ticket. Forum community can handle wiki page also rite (as an improvement).

My comment which got deleted is for below image,
Screenshot_2023-03-11-20-29-26-78_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
which mentioned for button label text issue.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I think like xivarmy.
the "dislike" button will only generate hostilities.
and for the easy count by the developers of the things hated by the community, you only have to see the 9 months of testing WITHOUT ANY CHANGE in GbG to understand that they are only interested in bug reports and nothing others.
I doubt that mods and others don’t understand that dislikes on an announcement only ain’t aimed at the mod publishing the announcement. I’m pretty sure everyone here is smart enough to understand a dislike on a announcement is a dislike for the announced change. I can’t reasonable imagine a witch hunt on those who don’t like a certain change for the sake of disliking a certain change by anyone.
Anyways perhaps the ^ and \/ voting system could still get the job done for changes in events or (new) features.

Emberguard

Emperor
Forum community can handle wiki page also rite (as an improvement).
That's upto each server to decide on. If you feel the EN forum could be handled differently that's a discussion you need to be addressing with the EN Community Managers as they will be the decision makers for that area.

Are you reporting the Wiki button as a bug? Or asking for the button to be clearer on what it's linking to? What exactly would you like Inno to change or do in regards to that specific button for the Wiki?

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
That's upto each server to decide on. If you feel the EN forum could be handled differently that's a discussion you need to be addressing with the EN Community Managers as they will be the decision makers for that area.

Are you reporting the Wiki button as a bug? Or asking for the button to be clearer on what it's linking to? What exactly would you like Inno to change or do in regards to that specific button for the Wiki?
I reported it as a text issue on button label in the en forum, since it looks like code syntax. They deleted it with reason like only in-game matters are to be discussed. So I didn't plan to address anymore regarding wiki there.

But here, forum improvements are in line of discussion. Hence shared my opinion towards wiki content also to get a deep run from community members and managers. Also, I am not complaining about why they delete my request. They did as per their description of specific purpose of the thread. Shared my comment just for the example. That's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.