• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Forum Improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlytherinAttack

Baronet
Baking Sudoku Master
In ideas section, when we make positive or negative votes, arrows up and down arrows given denoting upvote and downvote.

Please change the side of up and down vote option.
Or
Give classic way like
- and +
But keep addition/upvote always in the right side.

CrashBoom

Legend
BUG
in "what's new" the feedback subforum is not included

in my case: missing listed there:
the thread "Feedback Anniversary Event 2023"

SlytherinAttack

Baronet
Baking Sudoku Master
On creating new ideas,

Reason, details, summary, abuse prevention, summary, visual aids, etc are good.

But just want another section like,
Browser / Mobile: where members can select the device they use. If they think idea is common, they can select both mobile and browser check boxes. If specific to one, they can select the checkbox only for that too. If wanted to do filters from the ideas section related to mobile app also not possible from massive set of all ideas.

Initially thought to ask separate idea section for mobile app, but there are discussion already made for asking separate forum specific to mobile app. Felt like, somewhere mobile app users are discouraged in the forum. Maybe not true, but can't avoid that feeling.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
In ideas section, when we make positive or negative votes, arrows up and down arrows given denoting upvote and downvote.

Please change the side of up and down vote option.
Or
Give classic way like
- and +
But keep addition/upvote always in the right side.
That can't be done sadly and the new way provides a lot of benefits for us, so it will not change.

BUG
in "what's new" the feedback subforum is not included

in my case: missing listed there:
the thread "Feedback Anniversary Event 2023"
Fixed

On creating new ideas,

Reason, details, summary, abuse prevention, summary, visual aids, etc are good.

But just want another section like,
Browser / Mobile: where members can select the device they use. If they think idea is common, they can select both mobile and browser check boxes. If specific to one, they can select the checkbox only for that too. If wanted to do filters from the ideas section related to mobile app also not possible from massive set of all ideas.

Initially thought to ask separate idea section for mobile app, but there are discussion already made for asking separate forum specific to mobile app. Felt like, somewhere mobile app users are discouraged in the forum. Maybe not true, but can't avoid that feeling.
Will keep that in mind when working on the ideas section, thanks :)

Not able to add any feedback now.
Should be fixed as well now, sorry about that.

SlytherinAttack

Baronet
Baking Sudoku Master
That can't be done sadly and the new way provides a lot of benefits for us, so it will not change.
Instead of current approach of voting sides,
Screenshot_2023-02-20-18-45-53-01_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
Moving into below change,
vote_sides.pngwill affect lot of benefits:oops:. How? Confused much and Surprised a lot. Positive value always starts from right side only. Numbers representation, -4 -3 -2 -1 0 1 2 3 4

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Instead of current approach of voting sides,
View attachment 8939
Moving into below change,
View attachment 8938will affect lot of benefits:oops:. How? Confused much and Surprised a lot. Positive value always starts from right side only. Numbers representation, -4 -3 -2 -1 0 1 2 3 4
That is also one thing we can't change. Please keep in mind, that we can not adjust any functions here in there forum, as they require development effort. We can only do restructuring, like moving things around, deleting and creating forums and change moderative aspects. We are limited by what the forum software (xenforo) provides.

SlytherinAttack

Baronet
Baking Sudoku Master
That is also one thing we can't change. Please keep in mind, that we can not adjust any functions here in there forum, as they require development effort. We can only do restructuring, like moving things around, deleting and creating forums and change moderative aspects. We are limited by what the forum software (xenforo) provides.
Thanks for giving the clarification!!

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
I don't know if I'll be able to make myself understood, but I'm trying.

Wouldn't it be possible to have a "links" area between the different FOE forums on the beta one and to have the beta one on the forums of the different communities?

This would finally make it possible to create a link, whatever the languages used, google translate makes it possible to understand each other globally.

The advantage would be to easily discover the suggestions offered in the different communities to avoid redundancies, as well as to extend the various discussions that flourish on several forums while concerning the same subject.

SlytherinAttack

Baronet
Baking Sudoku Master
For beta testing during events, what are the daily special items and shuffle items included for the event are not mentioned anywhere.

How to validate all the items got presented during the event without fail in the daily special and shuffled items? beta players for testing also undergo the live server's surprise, Why?

Suggestion to add a separate section in the announcement for mentioning daily special and shuffle items available in the event (just asking the complete items list without any order). With this, everyone can verify all the items are loaded in the event. Sadly, no one can validate this now.

nice2haveu

Baronet
For beta testing during events, what are the daily special items and shuffle items included for the event are not mentioned anywhere.

How to validate all the items got presented during the event without fail in the daily special and shuffled items? beta players for testing also undergo the live server's surprise, Why?

Suggestion to add a separate section in the announcement for mentioning daily special and shuffle items available in the event (just asking the complete items list without any order). With this, everyone can verify all the items are loaded in the event. Sadly, no one can validate this now.
By displaying in the beta forum, secret of which item will be revealed to live server too even though showing with random order.

But I agree with you, I have not verified till today that it displays all the items properly because there is no possibility to do it.

Question comes to my mind is, "Surprise or Secrecy really needed for live servers?"
Two answers, I have in mind. One is, "Needed since it will give some sudden thrill effect if the item available is our long pending wish". Other is, "not needed, since playing the game for many years, having patience to get the item in AD or through some other event. It's never worth to maintain as a secret".

SlytherinAttack

Baronet
Baking Sudoku Master
By displaying in the beta forum, secret of which item will be revealed to live server too even though showing with random order.

But I agree with you, I have not verified till today that it displays all the items properly because there is no possibility to do it.

Question comes to my mind is, "Surprise or Secrecy really needed for live servers?"
Two answers, I have in mind. One is, "Needed since it will give some sudden thrill effect if the item available is our long pending wish". Other is, "not needed, since playing the game for many years, having patience to get the item in AD or through some other event. It's never worth to maintain as a secret".
I understand, but why to blindly accept like, it will work correctly. Somehow it needs to be verified at least once. Why to keep trust on this and not keeping trust on other things.

What's the purpose of beta? What are the limitations on using beta app? What to verify and what not to verify? Totally confused!!

nice2haveu

Baronet
I understand, but why to blindly accept like, it will work correctly. Somehow it needs to be verified at least once. Why to keep trust on this and not keeping trust on other things.

What's the purpose of beta? What are the limitations on using beta app? What to verify and what not to verify? Totally confused!!
Maybe moderators can answer to this. Sometime beta also considered just like liver server, which is not meant to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.