• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Forge Bowl 2023

Yekk

Regent
I imagine the point is that the poll might help guide what changes to make :)
I do not see the poll as useful. To be such it would need to be asked to a larger group. Most here have mature cities. They know how to get goods. They know FP will buy those goods. I could reasonably say the poll, if used, will be biased to that group.

A bigger question is the players not voting. Will the goods building have the same efficacy as the FP one does for players needing goods? Especially given most young cities have an immense problem doing event quests and will need to diamond out the event building if they want it.

zookeepers

Marquis
I am very surprised about this poll.

9 FP vs 20 current goods is out of question. 9 FP is much better and I BELIEVE(D) THAT THE DEVELOPER KNOW THAT.
Although, I don't think the option of this brand new building is meaningless.
There are some players that do not wish to go up ages (no need for research), not trying to level up their GBs,
but have demands for goods in order to progress in the campaign map, or negotiate in GBG/GE.
Those players would choose Pizzeria, but that is a rare case.

I thought that the pizzeria is for the relatively small number of players, not designed to attract the majority.
If so, poll is nothing.

And now that they are giving us this poll, maybe they have no idea about the balance,
so, I will give my opinion.

in order to make the both options as appealing as each other, you have to make it like this:
Pizzeria: 8FP + 50 Goods or 3FP + 100 Goods
Bistro: 12FP + 10 Goods

the goods option should have 50 or more goods per day in order to make you feel it's decent.

P.S.
I would have used the term "trattoria" rather than bistro.
French vs Italian, might be similar, but I don't think having them with same theme.

GateKeeper

Baronet
I am very surprised about this poll.

9 FP vs 20 current goods is out of question. 9 FP is much better and I BELIEVE(D) THAT THE DEVELOPER KNOW THAT.
Although, I don't think the option of this brand new building is meaningless.
There are some players that do not wish to go up ages (no need for research), not trying to level up their GBs,
but have demands for goods in order to progress in the campaign map, or negotiate in GBG/GE.
Those players would choose Pizzeria, but that is a rare case.

I thought that the pizzeria is for the relatively small number of players, not designed to attract the majority.
If so, poll is nothing.

And now that they are giving us this poll, maybe they have no idea about the balance,
so, I will give my opinion.

in order to make the both options as appealing as each other, you have to make it like this:
Pizzeria: 8FP + 50 Goods or 3FP + 100 Goods
Bistro: 12FP + 10 Goods

the goods option should have 50 or more goods per day in order to make you feel it's decent.

P.S.
I would have used the term "trattoria" rather than bistro.
French vs Italian, might be similar, but I don't think having them with same theme.
and to add to your point, I still say the Store Frag is far weaker than the One-Up Frag. Especially that any new player to the game will want to rush advance through he research tree faster than we did years ago. It should Reno Frag and One-up Frag.

GateKeeper

Baronet
Daily prize confusion:

I've seen all of these below so far.....

10 Fragments of Finish Event Production
15 Fragments of Finish Event Production

20 next age Goods
30 next age Goods

This will cause unnecessary flack from players who will think they have been tricked or there is a glitch. Especially if 20 Next Age Goods comes first before 30 Next Age goods in the Original Daily prize rotation.

Just choose one option, save yourself the "ticket" submissions.

BritishBoy

Marquis
Yay :) I was going for pizzeria on all my worlds anyway and I want even more! But what does it mean 10-30 depending ON AGE?

GateKeeper

Baronet
I've seen 40 next age goods today. May be due to the changes made tho.
HA, got that today myself on the swap out....was coming here to update that list lol

so now we have seen:
20 next age Goods
30 next age Goods
and now 40 next age Goods......

since its beta, Ill gamble and wait for the 50 Next Age Goods day !

He's talking about an alternate extreme-use scenario where each day you:

1) Collect your event buildings
2) Store an appropriately sized event building
3) Build a barracks for your traz
4) Collect your traz
5) Sell the barracks for your traz
6) Rebuild the event building

Basically for the cost of 1 store building a day you gain an extra event building. Which is pretty extreme, but certainly would consume a lot of them if you were so inclined.
That can be done just deleting and building again a blacksmith's space. That's what I do in my live server .

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Since the Pizzeria was updated, we have reset the votes. You can now again vote on your preference.
Before, we had 64 votes, 11 for the Pizzeria, 47 for the Bistro and 6 not decided

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Apparently from beta app it show payable with diamonds but it happens nothing
View attachment 8673
This is a visual issue, when playing with an older version. Please update the app and it should show the correct value.
Fyi: Everything where a "~" is before a text is a placeholder. If you notice anything like that, please always report that, since texts like these will not be translated and should be replaced.

GateKeeper

Baronet
Since the Pizzeria was updated, we have reset the votes. You can now again vote on your preference.
Before, we had 64 votes, 11 for the Pizzeria, 47 for the Bistro and 6 not decide
adding 10-30 previous goods, interesting... what are the options to win, 10, 20 30, or is it any amount between 10-30? what kind of % we looking at here are each amount?

for the record, I just checked on the Upgrade Kit icon, and mine currently says 20 previous goods.

I like the addition though, this is a tougher choice now for players starting out and a few years in. Maxed aged players will most likely still go for the FP's though.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
adding 10-30 previous goods, interesting... what are the options to win, 10, 20 30, or is it any amount between 10-30? what kind of % we looking at here are each amount?

for the record, I just checked on the Upgrade Kit icon, and mine currently says 20 previous goods.

I like the addition though, this is a tougher choice now for players starting out and a few years in. Maxed aged players will most likely still go for the FP's though.
I have already updated the stats here: https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/forge-bowl-2023.15913/#post-145302