• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Forge Bowl 2018

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser7467

bug24-40.png

5 ? 7 ? or 12 ? :)

Same problem here...

Captura de ecrã 2017-12-17, às 08.30.54.png

DeletedUser6863

I am sorry but I don't agree with a lot of players I actually like this event. I have made 2 touchdowns already but I have always chosen the longest arrow and not gone for the prizes inside the chests. I have not spent any diamonds either. I have to agree with you about quest 24. 'Solve 5 encounters in Guild Expedition or win 7 battles'. It now seems as though solve means negotiate, (where as it hasn't before), as when I fought in GE I had to do 7 battles where I was expecting only to do 5, but it was not a problem. My aim to to gain the upgrades and not worrying to much about the prizes inside the chests. Some of the chests that have had the longest arrows have also had the best prizes but this is only about 20% of the time.

DeletedUser8341

Which app release is supposed to have this event?
As far as I can tell, I'm on 1.116.3 now but still nothing.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I went with the longer arrow after reading things here, so many so I believe I only got 3-4 turns with 300+ footballs, and after all that I am still 31 yards away. The prices for the chests kept changing with every turn in ways that made no sense and were not explained. I don't see why there's an arrow at all, a clear cut 'you gain X yards by choosing this chest' would help with a lot of this games confusion.

perhaps

If you are correct, which this hasn't been my experience but granted I humbly admit I do not understand this game. That would equal a touchdown every 440 footballs (and no other large prize as those chests don't include those) and you need 9 of them to have all of the upgrades that's 3,960 footballs in order to get the fully upgraded pillar. How many footballs are included in this event? 4K doesn't seem likely based on the numbers I'm seeing so has it really been made so only people spending diamonds have a chance at fully upgrading the pillar?

The best yardage chest is not always available is why my average guess is about 12 footballs per TD. BUT you do only actually need 6 upgrades total, 2 come from questline - so it's actually 7 touchdowns for 1 fully upgraded pillar. so it is about 4200 by my guess total you need. I haven't looked into how many in total you get free yet.

Don't feel bad I'm in America, I am familiar with American football, this event makes no sense to me.

Agreed - other than the shape of the ball in the graphic, this event has nothing to do with american football (not any more than soccer events had anything to do with soccer :p)

Edit: Currently the prize is a HoF, however in none of the 3 chests I have available does a HoF appear. How is that just not a downright lie to show one can win something and only upon further inspection to realize they cannot? What's next in the summer event were going to land on prizes on the board only for the game to say 'just kidding" there as well? Every part of this event is frustrating and unnecessarily confusing.

There's a bunch of different chests - only some of them have a chance to win the daily special. It's possible that on your current turn you have none available with such a chance.

I just hope that all the confused people don't scare them off of trying new event mechanics now and then. It's fun to have new things to figure out.

vidicecilia

Baronet
Don't feel bad I'm in America, I am familiar with American football, this event makes no sense to me.

Edit: Currently the prize is a HoF, however in none of the 3 chests I have available does a HoF appear. How is that just not a downright lie to show one can win something and only upon further inspection to realize they cannot? What's next in the summer event were going to land on prizes on the board only for the game to say 'just kidding" there as well? Every part of this event is frustrating and unnecessarily confusing.

Thanks, Manda the first! I was feeling very stupid and confused!!!
This event has no sense at all for me. I think that at this point of desorientation somebody of FoE must explain us the situation.

babs

Merchant
The art/graphics design are beautiful. Colorful and exciting. Great work.

Fun and exciting, not so much. Disappointing, yes. This is certainly the most confusing and lame event I have tried so far. I am sorry, but this event makes no sense to me. Don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but I certainly am not a "fan" of this event (no matter what it is called). There may be some good prizes, however, it has awful odds of winning and it is to confusing (pointless/boring). Sorry, I might have to sit on the bench (and skip this one).

DeletedUser6863

So far I am up to date with all quests (24) which has given me a total of 1475 balls and I have made a total of 126 yards. This is 8.5 Yards/100 balls.
If the number of balls per quest keeps going up as it has before then I have approx 1360 balls from quests plus 35 balls a day when log in which is 630. Approx total left to collect is 1990.
So if I am able to keep going as I am I will gain another 169 yards.
This is just over another 3 touchdowns. So 2 already done plus the next 3 is 5 touchdowns and the 2 from quests will give me a fully upgraded Pillar of Heroes without using diamonds I hope. If my maths is incorrect please feel free to correct me.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
that'll leave you one upgrade short dragon i believe - you need 7 touchdowns for 4 upgrades + 2 from the questline rewards to get it to level 7.

Regarding the chests, there appears to be 2 chests of each yardage length, one with specials, one without. the one with specials is always more expensive. The 6 most efficient chests :

1) Blue Arrow Resource Chest for 75 Footballs -> 8.5 yards = 8.8 Footballs per yard
2) Green Arrow Special Unit Chest for 80 Footballs -> 6.5 yards = 12.3 Footballs per yard
3) Yellow Arrow Unit Chest for 60 Footballs -> 4.5 yards = 13.3 Footballs per yard
4) Blue Arrow Building Chest (inc special) for 115 Footballs -> 8.5 yards = 13.5 Footballs per yard
5) Green Arrow Medal Chest (inc special) for 100 Footballs -> 6.5 yards = 15.4 Footballs per yard
6) Yellow Arrow Forge Point Chest (inc special) for 80 Footballs -> 4.5 yards = 17.8 Footballs per yard (note there is another Forge Point Chest to be confused by with Orange arrow but no special - but more FP)

vidicecilia

Baronet
So far I am up to date with all quests (24) which has given me a total of 1475 balls and I have made a total of 126 yards. This is 8.5 Yards/100 balls.
If the number of balls per quest keeps going up as it has before then I have approx 1360 balls from quests plus 35 balls a day when log in which is 630. Approx total left to collect is 1990.
So if I am able to keep going as I am I will gain another 169 yards.
This is just over another 3 touchdowns. So 2 already done plus the next 3 is 5 touchdowns and the 2 from quests will give me a fully upgraded Pillar of Heroes without using diamonds I hope. If my maths is incorrect please feel free to correct me.

Did you count the quantity of balls you have received?
How do you know when you make a yard?
How many yards are needed to make a touchdowns?
I´m sorry but I can´t undestand this at all.

DeletedUser6863

@vidicecilia Yes I make notes on all events to pass onto guild members on live.
Open the Forge Bowl Event window and you will see a blue number half way down the right had side. After you have chosen a chest and received the reward this number will go down. If the number is 24 and it goes to 20 you have moved 4 yards.
You need 50 yards for a touchdown.
Thank you xivarmy I missed out one of the other prizes.

DeletedUser1418

Scout province... AGAIN. Then take a province. I'm miles ahead way ahead due to the daily's and other events. SICK and TIRED for these events throwing off the game balance. Can't you figure "EVENT RELATED" tasks without screwing with the game tasks?

DeletedUser7529

Event is poorly balanced. Daily specials could be removed and noone would ever notice.
Daily special cooler shows on average half the times, and it has 4-18 % chance, 8% most common. You need around 200 balls for a 8% chance - that gives 2500 balls on average to get daily special.
This means even if you would like some daily special most reasonable is to go for touchdown rewards anyway - selecting coolers with cheapest cost per yards (not neccessary longest one, ie 5 yards for 60 balls is better than 9 yards for 150).

New items cooler is even worse - shows like 25% of times, is very expensive and gives 70% to victory tower - considered as trash reward aha 'losers tower' :p

From good sides - as I already wrote - new pillar is really nice. Fully upgraded is first item better than shrine of knowledge (counted as benefits per suare, as space is most valueable resource).