• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Forge 12th Anniversary Event 2024

Sinitar

Regent
Last edited:
On the other hand, I used gem mine on purpose although I had energy left. There was a lvl 1 piece on the board and I hoped to get a glass shard out of the mine -and I did! Cleared the board saving lots of energy for the next one.
Luck factor and expecting exact piece from a booster option is not an recommended approach. It's purely players wish how they decide.

I asked to notify the popup when it is not intentionally clicked by the player which we cannot determine. So, default with confirmation popup when energy is available. We are not losing anything with this popup, just preventing miss click or touch from the player on free spawn booster.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Luck factor and expecting exact piece from a booster option is not an recommended approach. It's purely players wish how they decide.

I asked to notify the popup when it is not intentionally clicked by the player which we cannot determine. So, default with confirmation popup when energy is available. We are not losing anything with this popup, just preventing miss click or touch from the player on free spawn booster.
Well I mean the moment when you care about glass is exactly when you want to use gem mine instead of 10 energy. Because there's nothing else special about it. It just improves the odds by giving you 2 shots at what you want rather than 1.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master

I will give you different solution, while clicking gem mine booster, new free spawn randomly appears in the board instead make the player to select a free spot on the board. This will solve miss touch or click on the booster and works fine on both pc and mobile since players need to pick the free spot position if they don't select the free spot in the board, count of booster remains the same which is kind of old halloween event tools (torch light, candle, lantern etc) behavior.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Pick axe booster when attempted on level3 gem which has full complete key, it splits into two level2 gem with full key in it.
This is the first time seeing level2 gem with full key in it. With boosters, some weird strategies are floating inside the mind.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Pick axe booster when attempted on level3 gem which has full complete key, it splits into two level2 gem with full key in it.
This is the first time seeing level2 gem with full key in it. With boosters, some weird strategies are floating inside the mind.
It is a good way to pick up multiple gems that lack natural pairs.

But just turning 1 level 3 into 2 level 2s with full keys alone isn't that exciting. It's +1 key for the booster without further actions.

Where the ideal situation is the two split pieces, whatever tier they're into, have sufficient pieces to turn into 2 level 4s that would've only been 1 level 4. For +3 keys.

Really its best use imo is simply to finish a full-clear board rather than hitting the spawner over and over hoping for 2 of 1 final piece. i.e. if you only need 2 more red-1s, and have a red-2 split it and you're done. Where spawning you'd expect it to take ~120 energy, but it could take much more or less.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Finished the Rival Line without diamonds. I did not play the event at all prior to its arrival other than (probably) getting my daily free energy from collection. I have 1110 Energy left over and I'm only through 37 quests in the main line.

I found it to be an entertaining challenge to push the event for a couple days, and will probably plan to play it to completion on live as well.

joyfulrider

Squire
It is a good way to pick up multiple gems that lack natural pairs.

But just turning 1 level 3 into 2 level 2s with full keys alone isn't that exciting. It's +1 key for the booster without further actions.

Where the ideal situation is the two split pieces, whatever tier they're into, have sufficient pieces to turn into 2 level 4s that would've only been 1 level 4. For +3 keys.

Really its best use imo is simply to finish a full-clear board rather than hitting the spawner over and over hoping for 2 of 1 final piece. i.e. if you only need 2 more red-1s, and have a red-2 split it and you're done. Where spawning you'd expect it to take ~120 energy, but it could take much more or less.
shockingly level2 with full key also can be collected which yields one key, which means, level3 full key (offers 1 key) split into two level2 full key offer the same 1 key each to chest (logically becomes 2 keys because of 2 full key level2 gem). It is exciting for me. Hope, this was intentional behavior.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
shockingly level2 with full key also can be collected which yields one key, which means, level3 full key (offers 1 key) split into two level2 full key offer the same 1 key each to chest (logically becomes 2 keys because of 2 full key level2 gem). It is exciting for me. Hope, this was intentional behavior.
That's very surprising. Level2 with full key can also be collected. Thanks for the info.

Norde

Merchant
32/31, I forgot it was going to start, so the boards were a little off. I played daily 3 board 100-120 energy, then I gave it all to the rival, (used all tools)

Interestingly, it gives us a new direction to complete the event, or not exactly to complete it, as the npc says: "your undeserved win"...
9 green upg. need -> 3 green (event quests) + 2 (1st rival) + 4 green (2000 score), then there is the golden orrery (you don't have to go for 5k score), + stage of ages..etc, Rival is pretty hard this time but worth it. (we are used to the fact that there is only one way to go through the event, so everyone annoyed) maybe it could be a little bit easier.

roughly, with double scores + keys, at the moment 3500 score, and 4,4k energy left (quests, daily, etc), 2,2k for next rival (will be there one more rival, right? if yes, in terms of energy, there won't be enough for the next one, so completing one will be enough, and should aim for the second, not the first, so that have enough energy stored from the missions by then)

and thus with the energy left should be quite close to the 5k point at the end

In the end I didn't finish Rival.

The D key quest-line was difficult but doable.
In other three, colour and level specific, I got stuck multiple times by not having what the quest required for multiple consecutive board. It happen with 1 red level 2 locked gem and with 1 level 3 green locked gem.

Three suggested improvement:
First change the first 3 quest-line to include less specific gems while keeping the total unchanged (so we still need to do a lot of boards). Example if you lower the specific to maximum 2 gems:
  1. the first quest is unchanged: "Free 2 locked level one Wind Gems"
  2. Second quest: "Free 7 locked Wind Gems AND Free 2 locked level one Wind Gems AND Free 2 locked level 2 Wind Gems".
  3. Free 15 locked Wind Gems AND Free 2 locked level one Wind Gems AND Free 2 locked level two Wind Gems AND Free 2 level three Wind Gems
  4. Free 25 locked Wind Gems AND Free 2 locked level one Wind Gems AND Free 2 locked level two Wind Gems AND Free 2 level three Wind Gems AND Free 2 level four Wind Gems
  5. Free 28 locked Wind Gems AND Free 2 locked level one Wind Gems AND Free 2 locked level two Wind Gems AND Free 2 level three Wind Gems AND Free 2 level four Wind Gems
  6. Free 32 locked Wind Gems AND Free 2 locked level one Wind Gems AND Free 2 locked level two Wind Gems AND Free 2 level three Wind Gems AND Free 2 level four Wind Gems
  7. Free 35 locked Wind Gems AND Free 2 locked level one Wind Gems AND Free 2 locked level two Wind Gems AND Free 2 level three Wind Gems AND Free 2 level four Wind Gems
  8. Free 39 locked Wind Gems AND Free 2 locked level one Wind Gems AND Free 2 locked level two Wind Gems AND Free 2 level three Wind Gems AND Free 2 level four Wind Gems
This will reduce the chance of getting stuck with a board missing the required gems while keeping the total of gems of each colour needed unchanged. It also still require some thinking from the player to use the locked gems as effectively as possible so it is still a challenge (and still require a lot of extra energy & tools).

Second improve the match between the generated gems and the locked gems on the board.
It doesn't need to be generate only gems of colour and level still locked on the board. Doing that would have additional unintended negative consequences.
It should be possible to use a wighted random generator (the one currently in use is already unequal as per announcement, so it's already weighted).
For example if each gem and level has equal probability (let say 1 for each of the 12 combination) then just add to that probability the number of locked gems for that level an colour. This would mean that if there is only one locked gem that combination would be 2/13 instead of 1/12. Not a huge change but an improvement. You don't need to assign 1 to the base probability you can use higher number.
This would partially compensate for the appalling bad RNG you are using. Don't tell me it is a good random generator. It is used by developers that couldn't get a sum and subtraction formula to work without a bug (QI ghost population). I doubt they checked more than the average of the distribution generated, if they even checked that.

Third on browser increase the height of the quest giver. On mobile I don't see any extra space, but on browser we do have space and the quests are becoming so long that they don't fit inside. This would not only benefit this Rival quest-line, but also the main event quest-line and daily quests.

Rival7AN24_b07.pngAN24_c47_2R2H2H2l+2H1f.png

CDmark

Baronet
I did 19 quests. I actually missed the first day but I did clear 3 boards, got 2 lemons and a SoA kit from the board clearing. I am not sure how far I would have gotten but having the quests ahead of time will help in the beginning. Q's 25-32, not sure, they seem brutal. So, as mentioned about, there is a cost, pretty steep one.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Does someone finished the challenge without diamonds ?
Yes:
Finished the Rival Line without diamonds. I did not play the event at all prior to its arrival other than (probably) getting my daily free energy from collection. I have 1110 Energy left over and I'm only through 37 quests in the main line.

I found it to be an entertaining challenge to push the event for a couple days, and will probably plan to play it to completion on live as well.

Sinitar

Regent

I Need some extra information that to can be called "finished without diamonds":
1) How many energy did you got from incidents /daily challenges?
2) You didn't used any energy before Rival appears(excluding those from tutorial)? If not, you were stayed at 6 points, yes?
3) How many times you resetted the boards? Did you finished some hours left before Rivals will gone?

It's important to understand, because from first day I played your approximative ammount left before Rivals had arrived.
I got an extra 200 energy from incidents and another 200 from daily challenges