• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Forge 12th Anniversary Event 2024

@Inno Please reduce the chances of getting Wishing Wells and Shrink Kits. These take up 40% of board completion rewards and are not useful to be placed in the main city. It is better to increase chances of getting other rewards. On average players may be able to clear 25 boards throughout this event, and 15 of those are going to be Wishing Wells/ shrink kits based on what I have gotten so far.
Do you really think so? This is my 4th SPD event, toss in last year's Event that used the same mechanic and I've played this game 5 times. I have never cleared a board....never tried. Unless you get lucky with the RNG trying to clear a board uses up a lot of event currency. Clearing 25 boards seems to be only for the big spenders.

Traveler64

Squire
Do you really think so? This is my 4th SPD event, toss in last year's Event that used the same mechanic and I've played this game 5 times. I have never cleared a board....never tried. Unless you get lucky with the RNG trying to clear a board uses up a lot of event currency. Clearing 25 boards seems to be only for the big spenders.
Yes, it is going to depend on RNG. I haven't cleared that many boards yet, what I wanted to do was give an upper limit. Ideally players must be able to clear one board a day while the event lasts. And most of them are going to reward you with wishing wells. I placed a few in my city to test them as this is the first time I am using them, and the rewards are truly very bad! The same cannot be said about the aesthetics of those wells, however.

As per the current statistics I am ranking in the Bronze league for clearing 15 boards, I did spend diamonds. By the end of the event I think Professional league is going to require 45+ boards cleared.

Last edited:

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Instead of giving wishing well and it's shrink kit separately, they could have introduced wishing well selection kit as a single item which consists both of it. Since it is a classic item for the game, why they still making it as a separate item as reward, God only knows. Small change, but they will read this comment and pretend like didn't read this comment. I am not going to keep any hope, but for my mind relaxation sharing the feedback.

Yes, it is going to depend on RNG. I haven't cleared that many boards yet, what I wanted to do was give an upper limit. Ideally players must be able to clear one board a day while the event lasts. And most of them are going to reward you with wishing wells. I placed a few in my city to test them as this is the first time I am using them, and the rewards are truly very bad! The same cannot be said about the aesthetics of those wells, however.

As per the current statistics I am ranking in the Bronze league for clearing 15 boards, I did spend diamonds. By the end of the event I think Professional league is going to require 45+ boards cleared.
It is not necessary to clear the boards to make progress in the event.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Yes. I went for gold league in the 2023 soccer event. Doing so involved clearing a significant number of full boards as part of my diamond expenditures, and I could've done many more, but it wasn't efficient compared to using my resets.

But if your primary interest is not in grand prizes/league progress, but rather in clear board prizes then yes 25+ boards should be no problem (bear in mind this is instead of 66+ non-full-clear boards by taking efficient resets, which is why this isn't the normal recommendation for playing the event).

On the other hand his conclusion that since he's mostly gotten prizes in the 40% for ww or shrink kit his good/bad luck in beta will apply to every world in terms of what you win from those 25 boards, that's just poppycock :p

Sinitar

Regent
Yes. I went for gold league in the 2023 soccer event. Doing so involved clearing a significant number of full boards as part of my diamond expenditures, and I could've done many more, but it wasn't efficient compared to using my resets.

But if your primary interest is not in grand prizes/league progress, but rather in clear board prizes then yes 25+ boards should be no problem (bear in mind this is instead of 66+ non-full-clear boards by taking efficient resets, which is why this isn't the normal recommendation for playing the event).

On the other hand his conclusion that since he's mostly gotten prizes in the 40% for ww or shrink kit his good/bad luck in beta will apply to every world in terms of what you win from those 25 boards, that's just poppycock :p
Last year I done near 80 non-full-clear boards without any diamond spent reaching 5400/5600 points and gold league in live server

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Last year I done near 80 non-full-clear boards without any diamond spent reaching 5400/5600 points and gold league in live server
Lucky you :) The servers I played for free in that method ended in silver for me. And at some point to spend more, it's better to get a free reset from a board clear than pay for a 160-cost reset. I think I needed 100+ boards total for the world I wanted to force gold on - so at least 12 had to come from full clears to avoid 160-cost resets (I think it was actually closer to 20 I chose to full clear).

Sinitar

Regent
Lucky you :) The servers I played for free in that method ended in silver for me. And at some point to spend more, it's better to get a free reset from a board clear than pay for a 160-cost reset. I think I needed 100+ boards total for the world I wanted to force gold on - so at least 12 had to come from full clears to avoid 160-cost resets (I think it was actually closer to 20 I chose to full clear).
Don't know man
IT servers have one of lower gold league position and for that I can be named lucky (or not but the strategy there's and applied)... Never paid the 160-cost reset since:
0 cost reset --> 1 board
20 cost reset --> 2 boards
40 cost reset --> 3 boards
80 cost reset --> 4 boards

only in day 1 was able to do 5 boards

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Don't know man
IT servers have one of lower gold league position and for that I can be named lucky (or not but the strategy there's and applied)... Never paid the 160-cost reset since:
0 cost reset --> 1 board
20 cost reset --> 2 boards
40 cost reset --> 3 boards
80 cost reset --> 4 boards

only in day 1 was able to do 5 boards
Yes, I meant getting gold for cheap was lucky that you're on a not-so-competitive server when it comes to leagues. Players who have harder to hit gold targets on their servers would need to do more :) And any more than what you did (4 resets a day), you should be considering selectively full-clearing boards.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
@Inno Please reduce the chances of getting Wishing Wells and Shrink Kits. These take up 40% of board completion rewards and are not useful to be placed in the main city. It is better to increase chances of getting other rewards. On average players may be able to clear 25 boards throughout this event, and 15 of those are going to be Wishing Wells/ shrink kits based on what I have gotten so far.
Just want to jump in here:

NO!!! This is the first event in a very long time where getting a decent number of wishing wells is possible for free. You don't need to complete boards, but it's actually an option for diamond farmers to do so to get wells. Do not touch the % for wishing wells and their shrink kits. If you don't want 'em, sell 'em to the Antiques Dealer for a lot of trade coins and gems.

Traveler64

Squire
You don't need to complete boards
No, that is exactly what I want to do. There is no other place to get the Stage of Ages selection kit (except by fragments over 33 days). And getting these wishing wells is annoying when I am trying to aim for other rewards on that list which have a very low chance of being acquired from other sources. I would rather get buildings I can place in my main city vs junk that will only be useful in other worlds.

And no, I would rather not play an event for the sake of getting trade coins (if I needed them in the first place). Literally every building in FoE gives that.

Last edited:
No, that is exactly what I want to do. There is no other place to get the Stage of Ages selection kit (except by fragments over 33 days). And getting these wishing wells is annoying when I am trying to aim for other rewards on that list which have a very low chance of being acquired from other sources. I would rather get buildings I can place in my main city vs junk that will only be useful in other worlds.

And no, I would rather not play an event for the sake of getting trade coins (if I needed them in the first place). Literally every building in FoE gives that.
You don't think that the SoA (or perhaps an Epic Selection Kit that includes it) will be one of the daily specials?

Traveler64

Squire
You don't think that the SoA (or perhaps an Epic Selection Kit that includes it) will be one of the daily specials?
Oh would I wish for that!? Lol. There is no chance of that happening. The announcement lists the only places it will appear, for free players one is at 5k progress (fragment generator) and the rest will be during board completion. I highly doubt I will be able to get to 5k, after completing all the quests and spending all the currencies till date I have only made it to around 1250. Besides it is super slow to get them as fragments.

I do not want the SoA itself which I have a lot of, but rather the upgrade that is being introduced in this event.

Last edited:

If you go for maximum number of boards you will get the golden upgrade (5000 progress) = generating selection kit.

If you go for clearing boards you might get some selection kit. But you will miss new building AND golden upgrade.
On the basis of 25 completed boards that should be on avarage 2.5 selection kit and 2.5 Epic Anniversary (it has the level 1).
But the variation is high enoug that you have 7% of getting no selection kit at all and 0.3% of getting neither.

I don't like those odds.

Last edited: