• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Fellowship Event 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
In St. Patrick's there were psychos who, on an alarm clock, passed more than 10 cities.
None of the prizes will make me stay awake, wake up on an alarm clock, and play instead of work.
I completed more than 10 towns without alarm clocks. I guess those folks ended up over 15 towns easily.
These are 2 very different things. Insults are not allowed, not towards each other and also not towards developers.
Fair enough but doesn't change the fact that not sharing the reason for reverting back to st. Patrick's day balance is not helpful. The community can not aid positive developments if all the sudden the plug is pulled from an attempt to changing an event mechanic around. This silence is utterly not helpful.

jovada

Regent
after taking a closer look at your feedback and game data, we noticed that the new balancing did not bring the expected results in terms of negative feedback and especially less play time than the St. Patrick's Day Event. Hence why we reverted the balancing to its tried and true version.

Ah we were to positive so it could'nt be good :confused: ;)

Pass Go

Squire
well, I should have had my 9th town done this morning, but with the 'fix" that Inno came up with, even with me boosting my coach and banquet up to the point they produce just over 1 T, after about 10 hours, the counter is up to 4.3Q .. oh goody, i am so thrilled <sarcasm> ... it was fun before the change, now, as so many people as saying, it's more like work. I didn't join a game to work, it's supposed to be enjoyable.
I am not insulting the developers, but whoever decided to make the change happen in the middle of everyone's towns needs to stop and consider that maybe this could have been set to make the change effective upon completion of players town... then the change would not have been so aggravating.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
I just want to remind everyone, that we are on beta here, meaning adjustments during live gameplay, bugs, etc. are to be expected. This also goes for the change midway through the event and banquet.
If you don't like us making such adjustments, because they led to the one banquet being suboptimal, because of having old and new balancing, then the beta server might not be the one for you.

GateKeeper

Baronet
This format gets the town to 18-19 hours after about 2 hours of prepping.... just dont know if its sustainable to do through the entire event, Gemstone spending is high.
Banquet and Coachman to Hire level 4
I brought the all production buildings to Hire Level 3, Except the Farm, I kept that at Hire lvl 2. I imagine, we can save a little by only Hiring Lvl 2 on Spice and Juice.
Next town, ill try Chief Baker to Hire lvl 2 only to try that... got to save gemstones somehow.

I only made Spice 150 lvl to do the quest, it was cheap.
1686100116493.png

I'm not sure who was angry we changed stats halfway through the event, everyones angry because the stats were reused from st paddies and negatively impacted the enjoyability of the game (much slower). :rolleyes:

It was a neat idea to have similar but different mechanics, it just needed some fine tuning for the end of the minigame. Seems ludicrous to spend so much effort on this event just to revert it. Part of the problem was that yeah, it was already a copy paste version of st paddies, it really needed a giant difference from both games - you could have kept the mechanics but changed the graphics. There's no originality, which is a complaints with multiple events being reused like the winter and summer events are pretty much the same as well. The footballs and spring event from past were the same, the archeology and halloween events the same, ext.

qaccy

Emperor
Hmm, reading the latest post in the announcement thread...I have to wonder if maybe Inno misinterpreted the data they were looking at. Specifically the bit about the different balancing leading to 'reduced playtime' compared to St. Patrick's. One interpretation is that players weren't enjoying it as much, and thus playing less, but another interpretation could be that the event didn't require as much interaction because of how simple the balancing was, which would also mean less playtime.

Or maybe it doesn't matter? They just saw that players weren't playing the event as much and saw fit to completely walk back trying something new with the balancing. Still think it's a bummer to just make it a copy numbers-wise, but I suppose they have it right that they know what engagement would look like with St. Patrick's.

Yekk

Regent
Hmm, reading the latest post in the announcement thread...I have to wonder if maybe Inno misinterpreted the data they were looking at. Specifically the bit about the different balancing leading to 'reduced playtime' compared to St. Patrick's. One interpretation is that players weren't enjoying it as much, and thus playing less, but another interpretation could be that the event didn't require as much interaction because of how simple the balancing was, which would also mean less playtime.

Or maybe it doesn't matter? They just saw that players weren't playing the event as much and saw fit to completely walk back trying something new with the balancing. Still think it's a bummer to just make it a copy numbers-wise, but I suppose they have it right that they know what engagement would look like with St. Patrick's.
Did Inno misinterpeted? Yes... but the players were playing and enjoying the fact it was an easy event to play. Not every event needs to be "HARD". The correct response was to make the prizes less available. Yes it is a bummer the way they chose to address their mistake.

Didnt read what have been posted before. But as a result of the rebalancing I may say 100 gems are a crap to what I lost in time and strategic gems spent yesterday. Plus I still have the feeling the change is not working right. Being hit in the middle of a cities run (both tasks as balancing) I lost more than 100 gems but even more 2 days of planning... this is crab folks... you design events and mini games and forget about mechnics and consequences... now to be seen after some handfull of changes in the summer event ... There is no time used to really reballance stuff and understand changes. Even wordings are not changed from beta to live.... Folks at Inno please understand if you want customers pay money they want quality. Quality takes time and interaction between testers and developers... and retesting

After 2h back again from 91h to 20h for current town. Inno, your so called "rebalance" has no impact on me! :p:cool:
Seems to me that I'll finish this town even faster than with "original" balance. Down to 18h after few minutes.
Confirmed. Finishing 7th banquet in 45m, which means rebalance had no impact on current one.
Only thing was to adjust strategy back to St. Pâté one: Banquet, Carriage to lv. 300 from 200, Butcher to 50 from 0.
Little more leveling to jump back on track, that's it.

estrid

Baronet
I just want to remind everyone, that we are on beta here, meaning adjustments during live gameplay, bugs, etc. are to be expected. This also goes for the change midway through the event and banquet.
If you don't like us making such adjustments, because they led to the one banquet being suboptimal, because of having old and new balancing, then the beta server might not be the one for you.
We can take changes very well even in the middle of the event. BUT in this case, it was a slight disappointment in the beginning to get something that looks St Pat in new clothings. Then it proved to be different and we were happily playing it. Changing it back to be just St Pat brings back the original disappointment maximized.

drax

Merchant
Pathfinder
The way to make friends and influence people: "event balancing version"
a) If "Hats" production = level 0 apply new speed else use old speed.

The way to p155 people off:
b) Ignore a.

Not rocket science is it? All they had to do was to wait for our already started towns to finish the cycle and apply the balancing when the next town started.
Amateurs!!

almadies

Farmer
Good morning.
after the night spent with the productions of the "copy of st patrick" I'm still so disappointed... it's not progressing as fast compared to "fellowship 1st version".
with fellowship i didn't have to spend so much time playing, i was even going to update my android app to play during the summer holidays.
with the return of st patrick i won't do it because this version is far too time consuming... it's still ok in winter, when it's cold and there isn't much else to do, but in summer during the holidays, no thank you

Havik79

Baronet
Oh no we are far from OK bro, 4.6Q 7:30am this morning my time, with level 4 transporter and level 4 sales, both also at 200, 5:30pm 5.51Q, 10 hours for not even 1Q that is not even close to being what St Paddies was, that is not a nerf that is an event KILLER, more so as once again the only way to get the gold level is through milestone in this case 10/11 towns, or greed is good.

It is one thing when it is a small nerf, but that is a massive nerf, to the point of unplayable.

Status
Not open for further replies.