• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Feedback] Ongoing Changelog w/c 27th March

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Please leave any feedback for this weeks daily updates here, thanks.

Andi47

Overlord
  • Fixed an issue where accepting a trade was not updating the FP bar by subtracting the required FP for the trade. This was a display issue only.
This was not just a display issue - it was a crash issue, because it was one of the cases where a "phantom forgepoint" was left in the bar, which caused a crash (internal error) when attempting to sped this FP.

DeletedUser

It was a display issue as the FP's in the log were updated correctly, just not visually in the game.

Andi47

Overlord
It was a display issue as the FP's in the log were updated correctly, just not visually in the game.

well - and why did it cause internal errors? Ok, they were updated correctly on the server side, but not on the client side - the client believed that there was still a FP, attempted to use it, and BOOM (internal error or crash). So it was not ONLY a display bug.

Edit: A display bug is when it displays something on the screen, which should not be there or is wrong, but does not cause additional troubles. (example: When an Observatory displays bronze age goods instead of OF goods, but the OF goods are correctly added to the treasury)

When it causes additional troubles (e.g. a crash), then it is not a display bug - in this example it is a crash bug

Last edited:

podkap1970

Emperor
since today's patch, the game do hang sometimes
when you click the GB icon you get the GB menu from a player, and than when you click a GB it do hang
or when you use the + button (old GB UI) to add more FP packages it hangs there sometimes too
result: getting loading screen, and i have to relog
got that atleast 4x since todays 'noon' patch

Andi47

Overlord
I also had quite a few freezes after the noon patch:

* First it froze when loading (InnoGames logo with the spinning wheel, where the wheel stopped and nothing happened), than it froze three times when attempting to open bronze chests in the event. I did not try fighting yet since the patch.

Stingy

Squire
Indeed, game just freezes as it seems to loose connection with the database at the server.
Restarting fixes this for a short while, till you take a few action within your town, even collecting coins or supplies can cause a 'hang'... is very annoying. Haven't tested iPad app yet

DeletedUser6705

same here... needed 4 reloads to collect and reset production buildings in a smallish ME town. This seemed to pronounced that I am wondering why this wasn't caught during alpha (internal) testing...

DeletedUser5160

Because clients are wrong, devs are gods and don't make mistakes unless they caught it first....

DeletedUser7779

Same here, logged in, started collecting and it froze, thought it was my wifi dropping but no....wow looks like for every bug they fix, they create 2 more..

DeletedUser3741

Same here . Every city disappeared after the today update . Mine, guild mates, friends, neighbours. The only thing you can see everywhere is a empty field.

DeletedUser7779

Hmmm on app the city is still there, it asks me to install an update but after all that feedback i surely won't LOL.
This is getting really funny

DeletedUser6705

hmmm... on repeated tries I'm now stuck on 71% when trying to load my city... so clearly I cannot see where it's there or not - but I wouldn't call that a fix...

DeletedUser730

Besides the freezes, I've noticed you've implemented a new feature that resets the timer of the zen buildings if you try to move them. I understand that you don't want to allow people to move stuff around so that they get better bonuses at certain times of the day, and then just move them back, but if you're doing this, you also need to offer us the possibility to move the whole set without resetting the timers. I just wanted to move the whole set one space to the right, and poof -- all timers got reset. Not cool, Inno, not cool.

DeletedUser6908

Besides the freezes, I've noticed you've implemented a new feature that resets the timer of the zen buildings if you try to move them. I understand that you don't want to allow people to move stuff around so that they get better bonuses at certain times of the day, and then just move them back, but if you're doing this, you also need to offer us the possibility to move the whole set without resetting the timers. I just wanted to move the whole set one space to the right, and poof -- all timers got reset. Not cool, Inno, not cool.

Exactly! Now we have to wait to redesign our city until after we collect from the Garden. This is going to harm MANY more players than it will prevent from getting 'undeserved' bonuses.

How about this, make it so that if you click to move the Gong the entire set will move a one unit? This would only work if the set is already placed as a 5x5 unit.