• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Feedback] Ongoing Changelog w/c 27th March

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser5160

Also, can we get specific details of each Cider Mill affected? Most of the late game players don't have it placed anyway and nerfing it would make it worse than useless.

DeletedUser5474

Had to reload 4 times tonight and on my last return, lost 50 diamonds. Lost 2 cherry trees (they just vanished when clicked) and a forge point as well when adding to a technology and the game just suddenly had an error. Also lost 10 diamonds when playing the guild expedition but did NOT opt for another chance. And, not sure if it's supposed to be this way or not, but alcatraz comes back around anywhere from 1 to 2 hours earlier than the rest of the GB's.

Pafton

Viceroy
Also, can we get specific details of each Cider Mill affected? Most of the late game players don't have it placed anyway and nerfing it would make it worse than useless.
Has the cider mill been nerfed?

And seriously, have you stopped giving diamonds? (You do know that the amount given to test the Spring Event was 50% less than what we used to get for testing events?)

RedRed

Viceroy
Besides the freezes, I've noticed you've implemented a new feature that resets the timer of the zen buildings if you try to move them. I understand that you don't want to allow people to move stuff around so that they get better bonuses at certain times of the day, and then just move them back, but if you're doing this, you also need to offer us the possibility to move the whole set without resetting the timers. I just wanted to move the whole set one space to the right, and poof -- all timers got reset. Not cool, Inno, not cool.
I noticed the same. Why this change wasn't listed in the daily changelogs?

DeletedUser5160

Has the cider mill been nerfed?

And seriously, have you stopped giving diamonds? (You do know that the amount given to test the Spring Event was 50% less than what we used to get for testing events?)

Yeah, it's in the change log. Some values have been increased while others decreased, but in typical inno fashion they refuse to give us specifics. Seriously this new CM is terrible. Darkstar responded to our pleas at least.

Pafton

Viceroy
Yeah, it's in the change log. Some values have been increased while others decreased, but in typical inno fashion they refuse to give us specifics. Seriously this new CM is terrible. Darkstar responded to our pleas at least.
While I never like to criticize anyone, I cannot help but find myself agreeing on this one. Sure, being a new one they need to be given some time to learn the ropes (I wonder how much time though, since they were a co-CM on the international forum earlier I believe), but in terms or consumer relations this one really needs to learn on how to deal with the dissatisfaction we often have due to Inno's regular nerf-ism. A suggestion: Please try to respond on the feedback threads and other areas (and by areas I mean outside the bugs forum and answering questions), and air your views,too.

DeletedUser730

Yeah, was wondering that myself. Diamonds (especially while the event is still running) would be especially useful.

DeletedUser

I can't give you numbers I do not have yet. When I know I will post it.

Yeah, was wondering that myself. Diamonds (especially while the event is still running) would be especially useful.
Everyone received diamonds when the event launched. Next major update or event and diamonds will be paid again.

DeletedUser5160

I can't give you numbers I do not have yet. When I know I will post it.

Everyone received diamonds when the event launched. Next major update or event and diamonds will be paid again.
This doesnt make sense. At my company, we give SPECIFIC details of our change logs so the clients don't go into panic mode. Don't you all have access to the dev logs that show specific changes they make?

DeletedUser

This doesnt make sense. At my company, we give SPECIFIC details of our change logs so the clients don't go into panic mode. Don't you all have access to the dev logs that show specific changes they make?

There are times when we do not have all the specific data in a changelog here on beta when we post it, as even the changelogs are part of the testing process. This would be most evident in the differences between the Spring Event announcement here on Beta, and the ones on the live servers most recently.
More detail was included on the live servers based on feedback we received here.
I will get the missing info as soon as I can.

DeletedUser5160

There are times when we do not have all the specific data in a changelog here on beta when we post it, as even the changelogs are part of the testing process. This would be most evident in the differences between the Spring Event announcement here on Beta, and the ones on the live servers most recently.
More detail was included on the live servers based on feedback we received here.

The problem with that is that I have noticed a trend where data was still missing from the Live release notes and the beta players had to call out on said info. There seems to be a lack of communication going on.

Andi47

Overlord

Well, seems we need to criticize the communication politics which is done by the devs. I often (and also this time) have the impression that only a very minimal (and insufficient!!!) amount of info is passed from the devs to the CMs. Well, when the changelog given by the devs says that "some rebalancing was done to some buildings", and players experience says, that in 90% of all cases a rebalance is a nerf, then the devs should not wonder when the players go into panic mode. (BTW: How much info/feedback given by the players is passed to the devs? Sometimes I have the impression that this could be a two-way communication problem, and I am not the only one with this impression...)

And often the change logs do NOT contain all changes (and I don't mean things like preparing a new event in the background - but new or changed features in the foreground). Suggestion: The devs should improve their changelogs which they pass to the CMs (maybe they need to improve their documentation for doing this?). And if we (the beta testers) get the daily changelog by lunchtime (and not late in the evening) we would have a bit more time to test eventual new features (time which we would otherwise spend with trying to find out what has been changed - or if not - only sometimes stumbling over some new things only by luck and chance)

DeletedUser730

Check my quoted post. It refers to getting diamonds for v1.98. Does that qualify as a major enough event? Or would you need to switch from v1.x to v100.x to be major enough. We've always received diamonds *at latest* on new version releases.

Pafton

Viceroy
Check my quoted post. It refers to getting diamonds for v1.98. Does that qualify as a major enough event? Or would you need to switch from v1.x to v100.x to be major enough. We've always received diamonds *at latest* on new version releases.
Ofcourse...such was the case in earlier times. However, maybe now they've grown extremely more miserly.

Maybe they'll give 6000 diamonds (like they did once) or if not that, a very large amount with the 2.0 release.

DeletedUser6705

At your company you probably do not use clowns with an apparent mental age of under-3 to introduce product trends of the company's chosen marketing channel ...

DeletedUser6908

The game is still freezing up all the time. Please fix this before it goes live.

DeletedUser

And if we (the beta testers) get the daily changelog by lunchtime (and not late in the evening) we would have a bit more time to test eventual new features (time which we would otherwise spend with trying to find out what has been changed - or if not - only sometimes stumbling over some new things only by luck and chance)

While I understand your point here, the reality is I am in a much earlier time zone than Darkstar was, and much earlier than the server times. I can't guarantee that I can post the dailies as early as you all would like as even I have to sleep now and again, but I will do my best to make it as early as I can.
Also our daily updates do not go live the next day, so there is still time to go through the changes when they are posted and comment on anything you have noticed.

And often the change logs do NOT contain all changes (and I don't mean things like preparing a new event in the background - but new or changed features in the foreground)

You are right, this can, and will, sometimes happen. As we are a test server our updates may contain things that are in various states of development. It will always be a reality that we will have more information on some things than others when first released, but I will always try to get as much information that is available to the community.

I admit there has been a bit of an interruption in the normal flow of things, but I assure you all that the diamond payouts will even out in the near future.

The game is still freezing up all the time. Please fix this before it goes live.

Already being discussed, investigated and tested here. The pattern is very elusive, so if anyone has any new observations please post them there.

I am aware that the transition of CM's on a server can be difficult, especially on a server as unique as Beta, and in no way did I expect to come here as capable as Darkstar was when he recently moved on.
I do want to say that in all fairness I have been involved with Beta since July of 2014, and this server has always been very important to me. For those of you that have been here a long time you know me already.
I want to make things the best they can be here, and I am always open to criticism, but please give me the chance to try.

Andi47

Overlord
While I understand your point here, the reality is I am in a much earlier time zone than Darkstar was, and much earlier than the server times. I can't guarantee that I can post the dailies as early as you all would like as even I have to sleep now and again, but I will do my best to make it as early as I can.
Hups, sorry, I did not know that you are in an early time zone.

Also our daily updates do not go live the next day, so there is still time to go through the changes when they are posted and comment on anything you have noticed.
Enough time? There have been more than one examples where we had only two or three days to test, found and reported the bug immediately and.... the bug went life.

Frankiedk

Squire
Wanted to Store 2 Rouge Hideout's, and stored the first one, and i was puzzled by the fact that the Hideout that ended up in the store, wasn't marked in any way, that all spots were opened, so i had to put it back up, and now i had to repay the Diamonds to open the last 3 spots. Put it back in stock, and decided NOT to do that, to the other Hideout, or ever again :eek:(
Must admit i didn't read the warning when i stored it, might have warned me, but FAR FAR from enough, GB's that you want to delete, have to be specially marked, THIS did NOT warn me further, that i was about to throw, spent diamonds, away. Well its only 550, i know you gave them to me, BUT a warning and acceptance that it is happening would be much appreciated, unless, you save and mark the stored building with open slots, so i can pinpoint which Hideout has the open spots, when i want to put it back up, if i have more Hideouts in stock.