• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - New Quest Overview

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

Cardena

Squire
I can understand when the game designer did not want to make the recurring easier (and done quicker) than in the old version. OK. But why make them even more tedious? Most of the time I can just do a recurring quest (since the story quest does need time, because conquering a province three provinces away is nothing I do on one day). And event so I do not consider myself a heavy quester, I do a lot of recurring quest, just collecting and spending. But now, after each abort I will have to scrabble for the next one to abort this also and again and again. Really?

DeletedUser7265

it is extremely unlikely this new quest overview will be reverted, so it is in all of our best interests to suggest reasonable ways that it can be improved.

Sad, but ok:

- Deactivate the confirm message when doing reccurent quests.
- Let us skip some recurrent quests forever.
- Don't swap recurrent and main quest. Sometimes it's above, somtimes down under. That's very annoying.
- Fix the bugs.

DeletedUser8262

in my opinion the 2 best possible improvements would be to add the option of repeating the last recurring quest and the removal of the abort confirmation. Either but preferably both of these would save valuable time

DeletedUser8362

If you turn the task of completing recurring quests into a time consuming chore, it will not bode well for player retention on the live servers... the released version of this new interface really needs to ensure that this aspect of the game doesn't take any longer to complete than the present one...

DeletedUser7661

Hi! Thanks for the comment :).
Could you give us some more info on this? Which parts are hard to read exactly?

The font is not crisp enough and shows up blurry. If it is the same font from before, then it is a color + contrast issue.

White text against any colors is difficult to process. It can almost glow in some color combinations, adding to the blurriness. And even dark text against bright white is a problem. Especially if the text is small, which this is. The dark text against the beige background from the previous layout is MUCH easier to process and see. The text doesn't look blurry. It doesn't glow. If I'm doing a print layout, then white space can be good and it can look really nice, but digitally, it doesn't pass muster. It's TOO bright, and I'm a person who likes a lot of bright and light, and this is too bright for me. (On the Kindle app, for example, I always make the background beige.)

It's like I'm trying to read without my glasses on (which turns into a migraine).

Note: It is physically painful to LOOK at as a whole, not just the parts with text.

Another issue: The little arrow that you have to hover over to keep the text expanded? You're assuming that none of your players have any trouble holding their hand steady. That is ableist. And patently untrue. It's very aggravating to have the quest you're trying to read continually close up because you cannot hold your hand steady enough.

Also, while having it over to the side may seem like a great idea, having it off center further accentuates the blurriness of the text for me. I have to physically move over to the side of my screen to read every time I want to read a quest? That is tiresome and not always physically possible.

The new layout will make it impossible for many of us, myself included, to do the quests AT ALL. That removes a HUGE chunk of what makes the game fun. Given, FoE has WAY too many back-to-back "special" quests, rending them no longer special, but a pain in the ..., but I would like to be able to do the ones that sound worth it to me. I'd like to be able to do the regular quests. I'd like the Château GB that I have in some worlds on my main server to still be useful. And it's only useful if I can collect the quests to get the extra items that having the CF grants me.

The only thing I like is that it's easier on the event quest to see the end prize and the expiration time. But surely there's a way to display that without rendering a huge piece of the game unplayable?

I did a couple of quests now so I could be sure I was getting the proper detail and explaining it to the best of my ability. It gave me a migraine. :(

You did a similar new layout for GB levelling. But except for the finish instantly button, you don't have white text on anything. You don't have anything against a white background. That is MUCH easier to process.

(There are SO many things which do NOT work well at all in this game. Why did you have to put so much effort into changing something which worked fine? I really don't want to have to quit playing this game. Been involved several years. Talked several friends into playing with me. I LOVE FoE ... but I want to be able to play the whole game, not just parts!)

I hope that this makes sense to you. I am autistic and sometimes have difficulty explaining how I process things in a way that will make sense to someone else. I do know, however, from many autistic groups that I am in, that this layout change would be problematic for others too.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7514

The new quest overview is just beautiful to see, but very uncomfortable to use.
I prefer the old one. Sorry.

DeletedUser7942

Text and color scheme wise they look pretty similar to me.
beforee - Copy.PNG
after - Copy.PNG

DeletedUser

Another issue: The little arrow that you have to hover over to keep the text expanded? You're assuming that none of your players have any trouble holding their hand steady. That is ableist. And patently untrue. It's very aggravating to have the quest you're trying to read continually close up because you cannot hold your hand steady enough.

Actually you can hover over any of the text in the window, it does not have to be over the arrow, and the text will still expand. So the area that activates the hover is actually quite large.

DeletedUser7661

Actually you can hover over any of the text in the window, it does not have to be over the arrow, and the text will still expand. So the area that activates the hover is actually quite large.

This is not my experience. If I do not stay right ON the arrow, the message collapses. Tested it several times.

DeletedUser

@Zarok Dai
Let's assume the devs are able to work out a functional and user friendly way to use the recurring quests. Can we please, with sugar on top, get control over our city back while the quest slider is open?
With the slider using about 1/3 of the window there is absolutely no reason for the city to be blocked.

DeletedUser6209

Horrible 'new interface'. 1. you can't see all the quests, you have to scroll down. 2. visually it is not aesthetically pleasing - too big, takes up too much space. 3. I liked being able to glance in the left corner and see what was available, now they are hidden. 4. It makes you do more work, not less......
Can we have the olf quest view back please. this is not a helpful change.

DeletedUser7661

I just tried it and anywhere I put the mouse pointer in the text window expands it.

Great that it works for you. It does NOT for me. On more than one computer. And if you'll please notice, this is just one of many problems I am having with this new interface.
As a disabled person.

And even people who are not disabled (or not saying anything about disabled or not) are posting many issues with this interface.

But I am begging you, please do not force us to quit playing. I love this game. But it is not worth having migraines for.

DeletedUser7107

please just give us back the old stuff. I am sure the devs had great fun with this but for serious players it is just unacceptable in so many ways

DeletedUser

Great that it works for you. It does NOT for me. On more than one computer. And if you'll please notice, this is just one of many problems I am having with this new interface.
As a disabled person.

And even people who are not disabled (or not saying anything about disabled or not) are posting many issues with this interface.

But I am begging you, please do not force us to quit playing. I love this game. But it is not worth having migraines for.

We need to find out why the hover is not working for you the same as it does for me. I will contact you through ingame support so we can determine the issue.
As to the visual issues that are making it difficult for you (and others), first let me thank you for describing exactly what is creating the most problems for you. I am going to discuss this further with the people that can actually do something about it and see if there is not something we can do to improve this not just for yourself, but for everyone. Give me a little time on my end and I assure you I will post an update on visual issues with the overview as soon as possible. I actually have a few ideas of my own that might be of value to possibly improve this.

DeletedUser7942

As a disabled person.

Always a pain when someone else can't reproduce the issue, it's working for me as well.
Screen Shot 07-19-17 at 04.48 PM - Copy.PNG

DeletedUser3741

We need to find out why the hover is not working for you the same as it does for me. [....]
A lil offtopic but speaking about mouse hover... The right side bar icons with the GB bonus etc not working too.. hovering the mouse on the tabs we cant see the remaining collections on coins and supplies

P.S. Zarok we need a answer about the Guilds Levels