• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - Great Building message attachments

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Please leave any feedback for the Great Building message attachments here.
You can find the details in the announcement here.

Thank you! :)

DeletedUser7951

Is this the reason I'm having 3 tavern seats and cannot enter any other GB on browser? I've reloaded, but not cleared flash.

DeletedUser8277

Sorry but this seems utterly pointless.

The GB button, being able to view GBs from lists and via avatars was a gigantic improvement to the game and has made things much much easier. There's zero need for this. The trade one yes I could see that possibly being useful since it can be difficult to find an individual trade but for GBs? We've already been given a great improvement. I'm disappointed time was spent on improving something that has already been made easier and not improving the GB window based on the feedback from live which mirrored the displeasure of the feedback here.

There's been many great tiny tweeks: GB button, trade selecting, the final version of the quest overview as a bigger example, this was not one of them. I could think of 100 things more useful to a player than this. It doesn't make anything worse (at least not yet) so it has that going for it.

Also in a test of it it seems you can't write in the message where you're sending the attachment.

DeletedUser5882

I loved it!!
We had several times confusions with my fp swap partners about small contributions to my other buildings. Wrong click to buildings was one of our most common mistakes
This is awesome and I can easily ask for fps to my GB and the player who receives the message won't have to click back and forth to find the GB.
Awesome idea! Please do not remove this feature.

DeletedUser16

Is this the reason I'm having 3 tavern seats and cannot enter any other GB on browser? I've reloaded, but not cleared flash.
That's in no way related. What you're talking about is a display bug that will be taken care of :).

DeletedUser7529

I like this feature. It saves few clicks :)
One thing I noticed. If I type some message and attach great building it send only attachment and I need to click send to send message too.

DeletedUser8511

not seeing the full benefits for swap threads, in facts it can even slows things down.
Previously: The poster, typed in a GB "SoZ" or "CDM" or just copy and pasted from clipboard. The next person clicked on the avatar, selected gb from the option, pressed open.
New method: The poster, presses attachment, identifies gb to pick (scrolling required, for ppl with many GBs, what order is it in?) and presses "send". the next person presses open

There is saving of clicks for the next person, but more work for the person posting it.

Is there some list where we can vote on what improvements devs are working on or potentially working on? Seems like a waste of effort to fix things that already have simple solutions but areas that need improvements go untouched:
- inventory management, trying to find a building amid too many pages is a right pain
- treasury filtering - searching for a donations or usage form a specific person is currently impossible
- sending FPs to a GB, would be great to have a 5fp button
- event log - tavern vist filter
- notification on screen when ship or sub returns
- notification of when there are still items hidden in the city (kind of a like the relics/and production completions)

DeletedUser8262

Not quite sure how this works, is there a feature that allows all l friends and neighbours to be added to the msg because that would be very helpful ?

DeletedUser8277

Welp I might not see the point but guildmates talking about it really like it and they took to it immediately. The usefulness seems to be lost on me (for the GB part not the goods) but I guess you can't ask for anything more than something other people seem to like and doesn't negatively affect you at all. There's a few bugs:

Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 6.03.14 AM.png Last 'e' is now cut off.

Placement of the button:
Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 6.10.35 AM.png Floating over the slider.

Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 6.02.45 AM.png When typing the text goes behind the button.

I think it would be best to move the button down off of the entry field and onto the same part where Send is.

DeletedUser8150

Like Manda I can't personally see the point for GBs - a quick way to find trades seems nice wading though pages is annoying..

More useful to me - I imagine others - would be some way to log my own contributions into Gb. I run many swaps to other players and end up writing down on bit of paper to keep track of what i owe or they owe me.

I'd love to be able to custom my own 'quest' for a FP swap. eg setup a task of pay 500Fps to PlayerX and have the quest tick popup when I have completed it. The basic game mechanics for the monitoring of the swap must already be there as its pretty close to event tasks. Just an idea for the Devs

vesgouo

Baronet
More useful to me - I imagine others - would be some way to log my own contributions into Gb. I run many swaps to other players and end up writing down on bit of paper to keep track of what i owe or they owe me.

I'd love to be able to custom my own 'quest' for a FP swap. eg setup a task of pay 500Fps to PlayerX and have the quest tick popup when I have completed it. The basic game mechanics for the monitoring of the swap must already be there as its pretty close to event tasks. Just an idea for the Devs

giphy.webp

(But I believe this update is a step in this direction.)

RedRed

Viceroy
Seems nice, hope it doesn't slow down the chat when it is full of these things... can we have even mentions links (@playername) with context menu?

DeletedUser8150

giphy.webp

(But I believe this update is a step in this direction.)

I'm not sure it makes much difference. I send or receive a message now to start a swap so I have that as a record. Clicking on the picture to load the Gbs menu doesn't take any longer than clicking in this new Message attachiment- unless i'm missing something?