• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Friends Tavern

DeletedUser5352

A sound that indicates that the table is full, would be helpful.

RedRed

Viceroy
I have seen that for players who have been invited but have not accepted it yet the chair is still present. It would be better if the chair could be removed as it may lead to some confusion.
I agree. The same happens when the tavern is under construction.

Pafton

Viceroy
Until the owner collects the silver on the table, and it makes sense to wait until all chairs are full to reap the most benefit from increasing amounts of silver for each chair filled.
"At any given time, you might collect the Tavern Silver your visitors generated. Doing that will also clear your table. All the current visitor will leave your tavern, making space for new ones."
https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/friends-tavern.6642/
https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/friends-tavern.6642/

Thanks. I thought clear your table means clear it of the coins (TS) :).

DeletedUser5352

I really like this new feature and the benefits are awesome. There is only one problem that I foresee is not knowing whom you have already visited without going back to check numerous times. Otherwise a great addition. :rolleyes:

A feature like the greyed out button, for Aid, would help, and/or a color scale to indicate that the table has a free chair, as someone has suggested - green, yellow and red/grayed out.

DeletedUser7696

could someone explain how does the 'extra turn' bonus work ? it seems connected to the guild expedition (there is the logo of GE), but if it's really one extra turn, why is there a duration ?? and it seems expansive for just an extra turn ...

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
could someone explain how does the 'extra turn' bonus work ? it seems connected to the guild expedition (there is the logo of GE), but if it's really one extra turn, why is there a duration ?? and it seems expansive for just an extra turn ...
It means for the next X time period when you're doing the negotiation mini-game in GE, you get 1 free extra turn.

DeletedUser4716

I think addition to the game is good, it might make people aid a bit more, instead of having a load of freeloaders. who do nothing for the guilds.
hope it stays with us.

Umm, yeah. I went to the Tavern directly from the pop-up, collected my Silver, visited some other Taverns and now I realize that I cannot get to my City. There is no "Back to City" button that I have noticed and going to the Tech Tree and then using its "Back to City" send me back to the Tavern. Am I going to have to Refresh/Reload the browser page and re-enter the world to (hopefully) escape the Tavern and get to my City?

Okay. I just realized that dragging to the right reveals that the city is there and Zoomed In. Perhaps a road sign next to the Tavern building pointing back to the City would help. :)

DeletedUser5383

Umm, yeah. I went to the Tavern directly from the pop-up, collected my Silver, visited some other Taverns and now I realize that I cannot get to my City. There is no "Back to City" button that I have noticed and going to the Tech Tree and then using its "Back to City" send me back to the Tavern. Am I going to have to Refresh/Reload the browser page and re-enter the world to (hopefully) escape the Tavern and get to my City?

Okay. I just realized that dragging to the right reveals that the city is there and Zoomed In. Perhaps a road sign next to the Tavern building pointing back to the City would help. :)

You don't have to visit the cities, either use the chair icon on your friends list or right click on the avatar of the person at your table.

Artubar

Baronet
uhh... I really don't know if I like this new feature... at least not in its current state.

Let's see... first the pro:
+ some really useful boosts/ rewards. especially
when you're doing the negotiation mini-game in GE, you get 1 free extra turn.
although it's a pity that you have to 'buy' the playability of Negotions [in higher levels] as an extra feature.
(Wow. Even the pro thingy has a bad touch.)

From the announcement:
...we came up with a brand new social feature: Friends Tavern!
This is NO social feature.
There's no tavern chat, and like with most features of the game, you don't have access to the chat / messages / ingame forums while having the tavern open.
Plus you have to spend a lot of time [with the current design] to visit the taverns (over and over in some worst cases), time that could be used much better talking to your real friends/ guildmates.
Opposed to the pure friend list friends, which could as well be some NPCs.

___
This will eventually over time will get rid of any inactives in your friends list, which were ok for 20 coins and a possible BP. Now it should make a full list of actives, which is again great for other events like Easter, and Fall events.
&
...it might make people aid a bit more
..and how do want to find out the active ones, @grumpy dwarf ? Do you take notes of every visitor every time you clear the table, and at the end of the day you kick anyone not on your list? Full time job then. Not suitable for most of the players who spend time on such ugly things like working or living.
And I don't share your hope @peacemaker42 - if the peeps are too lazy to click on 'Aid', what does make you think that they'll be more active if they have to click [at least] two more times per 'friend'?

We've been informed there will be an indicator on the social bar when you can't sit at a table. :)
That's the only good news so far. The bad news is: What kind of game designer forgets about such important things?

... "Aid" button do all deals in one click :)
That's a real good point!
It would really, really helpful if 'Aid'ing would try to get a free chair in the tavern, too. (If you don't get one, well you can manually try later again; but the first visit should be going with 'Aid')

...and once again... 24 hours cycle. Why? Hoping for some Aliens living on a planet with at least 25hrs/day to find out about the game?
Why making it a struggle to conveniently play the game alongside RL?

DeletedUser5352

I already have 80-90 pages of event history daily -- not sure I want more

Between 720 - 810 events every 24H?

80 guild members, 80 neighbors and 140 friends =300 events every 24H, if everyone mo/po/aid/attack u every 24/ 365?

Between 420 - 510 trades taken, GB's leveled, friends accepted ur invites or ended ur friendship every 24/365?

DeletedUser4229

well that is the funny thing isn't it. Guildmates are friends but one doesn't put them on the friend list to have more free space on it. My best friends in the game are my some of my guildmates. So this feature really is bit "superficial" in this respect. But let us see how it works.

And this brings me to a more relevant issue of the friend list. It should have been addressed and tweaked long time ago -- the number of 80 invites is not really 80. As soon one reaches 80 player with or without invites one can not invite player anymore even the 80 invites were not used. I think now is the perfect time to address that and make the program distinguish between invited friends and those who asked to be friends. I could not send 1 invite out on some servers for years now.

Another idea would be to let go of the difference between being invited or inviting. Just say max. 130 friends and that's it. (why 130?)

BRUDAN

Merchant
Uuuuugh you gotta be kidding me. I can barely muster the will to aid one world as it is. Now this? No thanks. rapidly losing interest in the game, and boring additions like this aren't helping. PvP is dead, GvG is rapidly joining it... This game is becoming b.o.r.i.n.g.

Truth! :(

DeletedUser5383

___
& ..and how do want to find out the active ones, @grumpy dwarf ? Do you take notes of every visitor every time you clear the table, and at the end of the day you kick anyone not on your list? Full time job then. Not suitable for most of the players who spend time on such ugly things like working or living.
All you have to do is right click on any neighbor in your event history, and ask to be friends, not too hard is it??
And you should know who is active and who is not in your friends list, start with anyone not in a guild for ages as a starter, and if you don't know then you haven't been paying attention.

Artubar

Baronet
All you have to do is right click on any neighbor in your event history, and ask to be friends, not too hard is it??
No. But it doesn't tell anything about this person [not] visiting my tavern - that was what I was questioning.

And you should know who is active and who is not in your friends list, start with anyone not in a guild for ages as a starter, and if you don't know then you haven't been paying attention.
I keep aiding from the event history - that gives a vague idea of activity. And no, I really don't have the time to track all 'friends' activity, guild membership etc.
Maybe we both have different views about how much importance and time a game should take in life.

Cardena

Squire
One really does need an indication of whether I had already visit that tavern in the last 24 hours or if the tavern is full or if I can now visit the tavern and find a free place. It is just too boring in the long run otherwise.