• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Friends Tavern

Sl8yer

Regent
Who the hell decided to come up with this stupid thing? The aid button was introduced so you were no longer victim of loang loading times when you visited a city. You could aid friends and guildmembers much faster. Now you have to start visiting your friends again, only to find out that all chairs are taken and your visit was useless. So up to the next, where the same thing happens. You must be an idiot if you keep doing this. You can't see who you visited and where there were no empty chairs, so no way you will know where to go back. As collecting goes, this will only work for vey active players who can collect from their tavern all the time. Otherwise your chairs are full in no time. Sure you can buy bigger tables and more chairs with diamaonds. Inno has found a great new way to make money.

Is there a way to remove this from your city?

Last edited:

DeletedUser7529

Well I just hope unlocking chairs and expanding tavern will be possible also by using city resources - goods / coins / supplies and some tavern silver.

Also for time options please consider adding time boost for collecting all city production. Being able to reduce 24h productions to 23 hours if you missed collecting in time in given day would be very helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

it would be nice to deactivate / hide the visit tavern button if you can't visit (already sitting or waiting time)

similiar to no attack button and disabled aid button (during the 24 hours waiting time)

Also for time options please consider adding time boost for collecting all city production. Being able to reduce 24h productions to 23 hours if you missed collecting in time in given day would be very helpful.
that would be awesome

one thing to buy that reduce the time of all current running 24h production:
one hour earlier finished

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
The aid button was introduced so you were no longer victim of loang loading times when you visited a city. You could aid friends and guildmembers much faster. Now you have to start visiting your friends again, only to find out that all chairs are taken and your visit was useless.
You do not have to visit anyone, by using the button in the social tab the tavern window shows up in your own city.

You can't see who you visited and where there were no empty chairs, so no way you will know where to go back.
That's possibly something that can be looked into.

As collecting goes, this will only work for vey active players who can collect from their tavern all the time. Otherwise your chairs are full in no time. Sure you can buy bigger tables and more chairs with diamaonds. Inno has found a great new way to make money.
All features benefit active players more than inactive ones. You can also buy bigger tables and more chairs using Silver that you get from friends visiting your Tavern.

Is there a way to remove this from your city?
If you do not want to use the Tavern you can freely ignore it, a simple building outside your city does no harm to your gameplay.

Well I just hope unlocking chairs and expanding tavern will be possible also by using city resources - goods / coins / supplies and some tavern silver. Diamonds should be used only to buy extra silver.
You can unlock upgrades using Silver OR Diamonds. Silver will be the primary resource for the Tavern items so it's not likely we'll see other city resources used there.

DeletedUser

one question about the coin / supply boost ?

do they only apply to the base value (that would be really bad)
or on the already boosted value from GB

DeletedUser7529

You can unlock upgrades using Silver OR Diamonds. Silver will be the primary resource for the Tavern items so it's not likely we'll see other city resources used there.

I just noticed that. I was confused because all regular currencies are displayed first and option to buy using diamonds is on right side (buy forge points, extra tries). In tavern its opposite - diamonds are displayed first.

Sl8yer

Regent
You do not have to visit anyone, by using the button in the social tab the tavern window shows up in your own city.

You still have to wait for the tavern to load, just to find oui there are no empty chairs.

If you do not want to use the Tavern you can freely ignore it, a simple building outside your city does no harm to your gameplay.

The treasurehunt does not harm my gameplay either, but that one I can let go away. Should be nice if there was a same option for the tavern and harbour.

DeletedUser4229

A new feature that can do some good to your city, what else is this game for?

possible betterments:

3-color the icon:
1. when you are at the table there (green)
2. when there is a free seat (yellow)
3. when you are not at the table AND there is no free seat (red)

where is the unfriend-button now? I am sure to unfriend a few people and I can't find that button.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
one question about the coin / supply boost ?

do they only apply to the base value (that would be really bad)
or on the already boosted value from GB
It works the same as all other bonuses. So for example if your St. Mark's gives you 200% coin boost, this would be like it giving you 220% boost. It does not increase/multiply your other coin boosts, it's an addition to them.

where is the unfriend-button now? I am sure to unfriend a few people and I can't find that button.
Click on the player's name in the social bar, choose the option to remove them as friend from the menu.

DeletedUser6813

This is a time killer, and in the end some game will run way from FoE. We need some indicatores that tell there are some actions to do.

Suggestions
1 Color indicators on the chair, in the friends bar
- reed, no free chair
- yellow, you are already there
- green, free chair

We also need a overall indicator, perhaps on the rigth side of the screen, to tell that there are actions according to the tavern to be done

DeletedUser4446

Looks like a useful addition. Some of the rewards are very interesting, so I expect it to be a popular feature.

Few questions -
Do you get any (small) reward for clicking the tavern button? Maybe a few pieces of silver?
Clicking aid gives you 20 coins, so aiding your friends in this way should also be rewarded, no?

And what happens if your friend doesn't clear his table for 24 hours?
Will your seat be automatically vacated, so you can sit down again?
Or do you have to wait until he collects his silver?

After a visit, will the tavern button in the social bar be grayed out, or just like the aid button, replaced by a cool down timer?

DeletedUser

It works the same as all other bonuses. So for example if your St. Mark's gives you 200% coin boost, this would be like it giving you 220% boost. It does not increase/multiply your other coin boosts, it's an addition to them.
so the bad way Inno is doing it since the beginning :rolleyes:

1000 coins base value (for example)
250% (level 10 St. Marcs, many have that)
20% happiness
=3700 coins

+20% boost from tavern
= 3900 coins

so in reality that 20% boost becomes a 5.4% boost :oops:

DeletedUser4446

If you have a neighbor or guild mate in your friend list, will you be able to visit their tavern as well?
(Didn't test that myself.)

Tavern events in your event history screen would be most useful.
"Player X has visited your tavern", with a button next to it "visit tavern" to return the favor.

And what about a history message saying "your tavern is full", with "open tavern" and "collect" buttons next to it.

DeletedUser6645

So only for friends and not for guildmates, that sucks. Do we have to add them as friends too? Bit redundant and we only get 80 invites to send and 130 ppl in friendlist.

You don't really talk to friends you just shoo them of your table and take the silver they leave behind. Doubles your aiding time because the tables fill up fast. In case a friend isn't coming back you'll need to be constantly online?

We really need a way to sort out if you visited a full players table. Why not make a queue then?

DeletedUser4446

What's the maximum number of chairs that you can get to at the moment?

DeletedUser

It looks different in some eras, I like that :)

However, as others already suggested: there has do be some kind of indicator for
- a full tavern in you city that is always visible (like boosts)
- a full friends tavern and an already visited one
- friends that visited your tavern (maybe the good old event history or maybe you could make an event history just for the tavern?)

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Few questions -
Do you get any (small) reward for clicking the tavern button? Maybe a few pieces of silver?
Clicking aid gives you 20 coins, so aiding your friends in this way should also be rewarded, no?
You don't, though the two are not quite the same because with the Friends Tavern you're limited by the player you're visiting (if there are no empty chairs you can't sit there).

And what happens if your friend doesn't clear his table for 24 hours?
Will your seat be automatically vacated, so you can sit down again?
Or do you have to wait until he collects his silver?
You have to wait for the player to collect the Silver, there is no automatic clearing of the table.

After a visit, will the tavern button in the social bar be grayed out, or just like the aid button, replaced by a cool down timer?
Will there be a way to see who you visited and who you have not?
There is currently no indication. As mentioned in a previous reply this is something we can look into. Can't say what can or will be done, but the feedback's been noted.

If you have a neighbor or guild mate in your friend list, will you be able to visit their tavern as well?
(Didn't test that myself.)
If a person is on your Friends list you'll be able to visit their Tavern. Doesn't matter on which other lists they are.

What's the maximum number of chairs that you can get to at the moment?
16 right now.