• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Cultural Settlements

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser8351

I still have to have
* 93 horns
* 10 meads
* 71 axes
I would never get there in 24 hours :(:(:(:(

FrejaSP

Viceroy
Viking.jpg Mine will be done in 2 hours, when the Mead Hall is raised. I doubt I would have made it without using diamond for expansions.

Last edited:

mrbeer

Farmer
Well , feedback was requested so , here goes . I gave it a run until almost time up . I found it fairly easy to navigate , but a much too high a drain on resources [ especially diamonds ] , and too slow a progress for me . I found it more feasible to concentrate on the main beta site . I do not see the attraction or any reward to continue . I do wish those that do go on well.

Aeshma

Merchant
At first I thought this was a new and interesting feature. Once I saw that the only options were 4h, 8h, and 1 day I realised I would never be able to finish in time. I am a working adult with a somewhat irregular schedule, (not all of us work office jobs) and without an option to spend diamonds to speed production which I would have expected I do not see the point of bothering with this anymore. With the main part of the game there are ways for all types of people to play, whether working and purchasing diamonds or not working and having more time to be online, but the settlements seem designed for only retirees and layabouts. :( If I had more time to play then I believe I would have liked this feature.

hddk

Steward
I've finished settlement in 18 days and I definitely won't play it 15x on live server. It's too slow and too boring. Even on Beta I don't want to play it again. It's not developing a village but constant building-selling routine. Good practice for estate agents ;)

15 times take 200-300 days... it's not worth one 8-PR-building. Generally settlement is very good idea, but in present shape it's totally miss for me. Coins and supplies as rewards for Vikings quests are also misunderstanding. Copper coins and Vikings' goods would be appropriate.

Once again Inno gave us a proof that devs are not real players :) :) :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser9140

Will there be any moves towards putting the Reconstruction tool into Cultural Settlements in the future?
cheers

DeletedUser5439

Looking at the responses, I'm glad someone likes it. Because everyone I talk to agrees that it's bloody boring. Unless one is online every 4 hours on the dot, or starts bending some serious plastic, there's no way one can do well. I'm about halfway through the first village for the simple reason that I have a life outside FoE, and this time of year is so busy I'm lucky to get online once a day. If one could level the geography it might help, but trying to fit in lousy buildings around virtual rocks or whatever without spending a ton of sparklies (and yes, I've spent quite a few so far on this boondoggle) is like trying to nail jelly to a tree. Just isn't happening. I expect when it is finally released on the main servers, I will be one of a great number of people who just ignore it. The rewards are far from worth the effort, and there is nothing about it that is new or exciting to us.

DeletedUser

settlement 1
I failed to finish it in time

collected every day 4 times: 3x 4h and 1x 8h

sure bad planning (sometimes not enough coins and over night only 4h running instead of 8h because of that)
and no calculating/planing how to use space best

doesn't really matter

and to the premium expansions that I didn't use
a waste. with 865 diamonds I could buy the remaining missing goods
much cheaper than the 2000 diamonds for 4 dia epxansion
but I still don't spend diamonds on the settlement

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7514

I still have to have
* 93 horns
* 10 meads
* 71 axes
I would never get there in 24 hours :(:(:(:(

With 4h building: collect 20*(93+10+71)=3480 copper and after build 2 Clan House and many production buildings

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
2 4 hr collections into second pass through settlement after spending 340 diamonds on shrines + mead unlocks :
upload_2018-11-26_0-8-31.png

Already producing enough copper to sustain 2 goods buildings on 4 hrs vs sustaining 1 goods building one collection from now if i'd started off diamond free making axes. Easily cut 3-4 days off the start. Seems likely those two diamond unlocks are 'necessary' each run through if you plan to care about finishing it 15 times in a timely manner. It's a small amount to diamond mine at least.

Goods distribution is a little odd this time through - the last three techs are almost all mead for me. So any clanhouse layout is going to be about how many mead breweries I can pack in ;) Wool when i unlock it is going to be briefly run to place final couple expansions and then make the total of 32 wool i actually need and already a conversion to nonstop mead.

DeletedUser9265

I reached now the last quest which asks me to gain 1200 diplomacy and 6 goods building and I just have 1.5h left for the biggest reward. Sure, I made mistakes in planning and building, but I accidently buyed 2 diamond expensions (I'm still angry with myself), before I had realised it was a waste, even though I will NOT be able to get the big reward, because I need MORE building space and because of the stupid building time of the the mead hall. I don't think it is really manageable for casual player to gain even the mid reward without spending diamonds.

Last edited by a moderator:

Logain Sedai

Baronet
I have finished my first settlement just in time (one hour before the gong...). I just used 50 diamonds to finish a building but it is true I have time to play and connect at a regular basis. Still I have missed a few 4h productions and could not do all the 8 hours productions I wished to do (because I like sleeping too much).
I have started a new one and hope to do better using my own experience and the testimony of other players that I find interesting.
And I will do the settlement on the live servers but only on my main world.

Status
Not open for further replies.