• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Cultural Settlements

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser9265

@Logain Sedai
Thanks for the good tip, but I still don't think it's possible for casual players. And FoE is still a browser and mobile game with the main target group of casual players with jobs and life, not hardcore gamer without a job. My opinion is, IG should lower the cost for unlocking the new buildings due to the fact that you will still need also goods for unlocking expansions. Maybe cutting down the building times for the last few buildings would be also an idea. Because it would be more attractive for casual players. In my guild on my main world, there are plenty of casuals and the most of them said, that they don't will play the settlements, because the already know, that they are not able to finish them in time.

Miepie

Baronet
Finished it but now I'm left with a "slight feeling of disappointment"

To complete a great runestone level 5, I'll need 75(!!!!) shards. Finishing the fastest time reward gives me 9, which means I'll have to do this another 8 times, or 7 times and 3 times the second. This also means that if I play the 15 times needed to gain that Iggdrasil to it's higest levels, I will fall short on a second one.

But now i noticed that the second time around, I have 16 hours less to finish the fastest time reward. For exactly the same rewards.

If this continues, it means that to gain the last sharts for the first great runestone, you'd need to finish the 9th round in 16 days. Might be do-able for the most active of players. But the rest should simply forget about this runestone because if you already have problems finishing within 21 days and each round you'll get less time, you won't be able to get one complete before it simply won't be possible at all to win a time challenge. And even the most active of players probably won't be able to get 2 runestones without major diamond spending.

So, the anouncement suggest these great buildings, better than anything else can be won by everybody. Yes, they are great on the higest levels. But the efford/investment-return ratio is way way off. If I want an extra 2% attack, and a few extra FP I should level CdM (even though it's already high), that way, I'll reach that goal in a week or 2, while there is no way to guarantee months of efford in the settlements will pay off with at least one runestone.

So my conclusion, the way it is now, it will be a big failure. Most players will try it once, maybe twice to never look at it again. And not only that, leaving them with a grudge for wasting so much of their time for nothing.

Solution? Well first of all, playing the vikings 15 times should provide an honest chance to gain enough shards to build 2 complete runestones. And the reducing of the time challenge should either be abandoned, or the shard rewards should go up for every round for every place.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

So. I did not make it on time - guess why... it's because I log in to beta once a day. Twice, if there's event. Not enough for completing the settlement within 20 days. Let's say I am casual player here.

On my main, I would probably do it, but just because there is norhing much to do, not because it is interesting addition or because it gives me rewards, that could make any difference. Booooring, that's what it is. Not much challenging, if in the end everything depends on how much 4h loggins I could make - not on my skills.

DeletedUser5097

I read on this thread someone mentions doing some battles for the Vikings to help them ... that would me vvery Cool ! And for those that prefer trading, give the choice to battle or to trade ...
Let's say something like this : a nice challenge (?) .. and IF the player succeed he / she get some extra nice reward
a) battle : a 4 wave battle, starting with 2 enemies, then 3, then 5 and at last 7. If you get through 1 wave give a small reward, going to 2 wave more, and so on! And you can not use diamonds to heal a units between 2 waves
b) trade (negotiation) : 4 negotiations, starting with 3 diff. goods (cult goods + copper coins ( perhaps also supplies and coins?)), then with 4, then 5 and at last 6, BUT here you get each time 3 turns and you can NOT buy 1 extra turn with diamond or via tavern!)

And IF the player succeed he / she get some extra nice reward OR ... another idea, just an "idea" :
if a player did not finish a Setttlement "in time" to get the best End Reward (6 fragments of Runestone), they can try to win this 4 wave battle or 4 wave negotiation as Quest 21 ...
That way they've a chance to win some extra fragments of the runestone, but it's a one way challenge, you get no second chance to do quest 21.
Probably this idea needs some more "fine-tuning" ... I'm not a programmer so do not know what is even possible or not ...
PS : Quest 21 Extra End Challenge appear for every player, but the reward is different !
For those that ended "in time" to get 6 fragment, they can win (for example) some "extra" fragment of a Shrine of Knowledge or something like that), all others can win a mix of both and those that miss the whole "time reward" get a chance to win between 1 and 4 fragments of runestone, depending on how far they get on quest 21 ;-)
That would be intressting. Especialy if your aible to chooise your playstyle: fighiting or trading, on wich
the settlment will be adjusted and the rewards aswell. Where a fighting style or warrior would be more
offensive and ending up with something that boost att. in main city, a trader would most likely end up
with something more defensive and providing more goods just as example idea.

Personally I've got significantly more expansions than that coming down the stretch (no diamond expansions - but bought the 15+27 wool expansions shortly after unlocking the good in order to have the space to sustain copper while running 5 goods buildings to the finish line). I expect I'll use clan totems instead of willows. Already running 2 clanhouses for population (+2 huts) - won't be a problem to add a 6th good as a quest objective (currently running 5) after scrapping shrines + huts.

My settlement (about 1 day's worth of wool and axes to unlocking everything) - essentially if i need to make 1200 culture while holding 6 goods buildings all the huts and shrines go poof and i can fit 1200ish culture worth of clan totems no problem
View attachment 3540

Only have 2.5 days left to milestone because I didn't do great at caring enough about collecting every 4 hrs (playing other games actually having fun being the main culprit). But I should have no problem making it.
Thnx for sharing it's very helpfull for later.:)

=======

As for the feedback, I didn't finish the first settlement yet but after that I can give some
points of improvment, because it's not that great as it is right now.

Coins and supplies as rewards for Vikings quests are also misunderstanding. Copper coins and Vikings' goods would be appropriate.
I like this idea ! And I like to see more NEW Ideas rather than I've to read "It's boring" over and over again ;-) ...

I'm also disappointed so far in some ways ... I like the music, sounds and graphics ! I love doing some puzzling to get the most out of of the space you get ...
Reading that the "time" to get the best time reward also go down with each next started Settlement make me very SAD, very sad ... !
I thought I will make it a second time faster because of getting more % to get a 4 X production (chance start at 3% and go up to 25% I've heard on a video?) ... well, even with 25%, but hours or days(?) less time, I as active player ... I never believe I make it IN time (without using diamonds!) ..

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Hello,
For my second settlement, I have to spend 1241 resources to unlock everything.
Is it as much for everyone (first, second, third, ...)?

Hello,
Really? I had to collect 902 cultural goods to unlock all advancements on my first settlement. Then no goods are counted to buy expansions !
IF those goods ALSO increase on every next settlement I'm even more sad ...

I hope the devs read my ideas I've shared (unsure) ...?
It would also be great if you get a at least some (let's say 50% of total ) "cultural goods & copper coins" you've at the END of your previous finsihed Settlement transferred to your next !
And make it more attractive for all players, traders and/or fighters, to give more variation in the 20 quests with some trade / fight quests for the Vikings :)

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
It is:
46783709_2584520544899179_7973667764969668608_n.jpg

Sorry, indeed 1241 goods, I was wrong with that LOL ! Again, sorry to confuse you all, 1241 goods and this each next time the same amount? Ok, that's good news :)

And no, I did not bought any expansion with diamonds and not planning to use diamonds on any settlement, never ! ;-)

DeletedUser9536

Ok I did finish my first settlement with 4-4-4-8 and 1 in between. I did suceeded bearly (2 family events). I am so so happy it is over. To me it was a terrible chore. There are many nice ideas here and when I saw it I was super excited. After playing it, quite oposite. Many people will be very discuraged that first award (9 fragments) are not possible for them (and with each walkthrough it getting even worse (which should not be the case to me) ). Biggest factor to suceed is logging on time. People will be very unhappy that they cant get main reward simply because they cant log in every 4 or less sleep/ get up in middle of night. Prices to mitigate this problem are out of the roof. With current implementation I wont be surprised if more players will be unhappy that this even exist in game. To me this move game toward pay to win. Game has competetive elements and even if they are none people compete between each other.

I like: obstacles, emisaries, nice awards, puzzles.
I dont like: time pressure (remove it), prices from the roof, benefit from less sleeping, time to get prizes, repetetive nature.

Why not more possible production times? Or different prod. times? Like a 12 hour production? You start it in the morning, before going to work and back home at evening you can collect it, 15 Goods over 12 hour (5 Goods over 4 h, 10 Goods over 8 h) .
Just a suggestion.

DeletedUser9123

Finished it but now I'm left with a "slight feeling of disappointment"

To complete a great runestone level 5, I'll need 75(!!!!) shards. Finishing the fastest time reward gives me 9, which means I'll have to do this another 8 times, or 7 times and 3 times the second. This also means that if I play the 15 times needed to gain that Iggdrasil to it's higest levels, I will fall short on a second one.

But now i noticed that the second time around, I have 16 hours less to finish the fastest time reward. For exactly the same rewards.

If this continues, it means that to gain the last sharts for the first great runestone, you'd need to finish the 9th round in 16 days. Might be do-able for the most active of players. But the rest should simply forget about this runestone because if you already have problems finishing within 21 days and each round you'll get less time, you won't be able to get one complete before it simply won't be possible at all to win a time challenge. And even the most active of players probably won't be able to get 2 runestones without major diamond spending.

So, the anouncement suggest these great buildings, better than anything else can be won by everybody. Yes, they are great on the higest levels. But the efford/investment-return ratio is way way off. If I want an extra 2% attack, and a few extra FP I should level CdM (even though it's already high), that way, I'll reach that goal in a week or 2, while there is no way to guarantee months of efford in the settlements will pay off with at least one runestone.

So my conclusion, the way it is now, it will be a big failure. Most players will try it once, maybe twice to never look at it again. And not only that, leaving them with a grudge for wasting so much of their time for nothing.

Solution? Well first of all, playing the vikings 15 times should provide an honest chance to gain enough shards to build 2 complete runestones. And the reducing of the time challenge should either be abandoned, or the shard rewards should go up for every round for every place.
I'm feeling that way now and haven't even finished the first round and I am an active player, just not an active diamond buyer or spender

I "Have" seen all the 20 quests on a wiki ... and EACH quest start with the word "Have" .... reminding the nice written tales on the Halloween Event I had expected a bit more variation in quest description to be more involved in a Vikings atmosphere :)
But after all : just more real variation in quests will be great ! I like that we can choose (... OR ...), so some of the quests are already ok for me, but it's too monotonous .
And I like it to "find out" myself what to do next depending the embassy advancements, so some quests that INdirect asks to build Shacks and not "Have 3 Shacks", "Have 4 Runestones" ... Asking to have at the end 1200 Diplomacy and have 6 cult good buildings I can live with that and each 5 quests some "milestone" the player have to reach, ok with that, but please make more variation of quests in between giving a choice that even affect another random reward ! For a trader some Goods, for a fighter an attack potion or a random unit (for example) ...

Let a trader do a negotiation with cult goods and copper coins (but these goods the player get extra, just for doing this negotiation, after that the player have still the same amount of goods and copper coins. For the fighter the same with Viking units .
For the trader a negotiation with 4 cult goods + copper coins with 3 turns or 4 turns & giving enough of each good & copper coins to solve the neg.
For the fighter some nice looking Viking units who've to fight a 2 or more wave battle, giving the player enough units to choose ...

RoCoJo

Merchant
@SirAlucard
For the last quest, you need to build 6 goods building: they don't need to have them completed. And once you have the 1200 diplomacy, you can delete the diplomacy building to make space for the goods building.

i don’t know if this is true: it is stated that you must have 1200 diplomacy AND have 6 good buildings. So I guess it must be at the same time. Deleting the diplomacy building wouldn’t be wise then.
And indeed: goods buildings must be placed NOT be finished.

DeletedUser8362

The idea is good, but it needs a bit more 'fun' injected into it...

Can you imagine playing this on more than one world in its current format ?

Need to adjust the time decreasing and 8hr costs at a minimum... my suggestion.

And how about using it to introduce a new Viking troop that can somehow be won in some form... that would be interesting...

but 2 months+ for a lvl2 Runestone and lvl2 Tree... at best ???

You can win the Winter Spire in less than 1/2 the time for less work...

Last edited by a moderator:

FrejaSP

Viceroy
I started my second settlement. This time I will use zero diamond to see how many days it will take me.
Det vil helt sikkert tage længere uden de 4 diamond expansions.
Viking2.jpg

Last edited:

DeletedUser8351

Hello,
@hiep lin Yes, I also have 1241 resources to produce
i don’t know if this is true: it is stated that you must have 1200 diplomacy AND have 6 good buildings. So I guess it must be at the same time. Deleting the diplomacy building wouldn’t be wise then.
And indeed: goods buildings must be placed NOT be finished.
@rocojo No need to validate at the same time

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.