• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Cultural Settlements

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
@BetaTest03 So, you believe everyone must have completed all 15 runs of the Viking cultural settlement before they can start the Egyptian cultural settlement once it becomes available?

DeletedUser

@BetaTest03 So, you believe everyone must have completed all 15 runs of the Viking cultural settlement before they can start the Egyptian cultural settlement once it becomes available?
No. You need 15 runs to get Yggdrasil on the final level.
You can of course play 8 times vikings, 3 times egyptians, 4 times whatever and then some vikings again.

I'm testing Cultural Settlement Vikings and so far I'm happy with it.
I play often a day so I can do 4 h production (and 8 h at night), so I try to get to the end using ZERO diamonds. I'm now halfway the questline and I try to follow these questline.
I love doing puzzles so I make a draw on a piece of paper to "plan" how I gonna (re)-organize my Settlement for the next step. I'm not happy with how I started this 1st time (waited too long to take more expansions buying cultural goods!), but that's a matter of experience with it . At first I was also confused with the cost of each next expansion, but then googled and found a wiki page where the cost of each exp. is explained/listed and after that I found out how it works LOL

RoCoJo

Merchant
I love doing puzzles so I make a draw on a piece of paper to "plan" how I gonna (re)-organize my Settlement for the next step.

For this purpose I did use foemanager.com : it hasn’t the right buildings , ofcourse. But you can use VF road for impedients, lumbermill as axe production, path for the ice roads, chalet for shacks etc.

DeletedUser7703

If you are able to complete each settlement with 9 fragments, after 15 settlements you will only have 1 level 5 Greater Runestone and 1 level 4 Greater Runestone (assuming you want to max the Runestone). Unless Egyptians also comes with Runestone fragments as the timed reward, you will need to complete the Vikings more than 15 times if you want more than 1 maxed Greater Runestone.

DeletedUser

@gooflab Yeah, I figure that, but I was asking BetaTest03 because we have a disagreement. I wanted clarification of his point of view. :p
Ya. I think what he meant is you will want to be done with the vikings in time to have enough time on your hands to play the next culture and not have to actually mix up and 'get lost behind' somehow.

DeletedUser8362

What I want to know is, where is the bonus GB that gives a twist to settlements ??

DeletedUser9541

you need less houses :rolleyes:
have you ever thought about houses and population ?

25 axes needs 225 people = 14,1 shacks

so 25 axes in reality doesn't need 45 space but 45+14*4=101 (lets round down but it could be that you really need 15)

oh wait that wouldn't work
you know what we have now forgotten ?
exactly: the roads
14 shacks each using half of 2 roads on a side
5 axe smith. using half of the road on a side with 3 length
= 14 + 7,5 = 21.5 roads

you need 45 space to run 5 axe smith
where I need 122,5 roads

that is the difference between people playing 6 !! years and one :D

PS: if I would need only 45 space for 5 axes smiths I would build 10 :p

I appreciate the "voice of experience" to give an overall view, compared to the limited vision of a newer player.
I recently built two gasoline production buildings, which take a lot of space but it was easy to move buildings around.
My concern was building a number of large buildings late in the game. I guess it depends largely upon your overall space available and the "obstacle" locations.
Thank you

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
Ya. I think what he meant is you will want to be done with the vikings in time to have enough time on your hands to play the next culture and not have to actually mix up and 'get lost behind' somehow.

I agree, some players may. I don't care though, I'm not in a hurry, and since we can only do one culture at a time, it doesn't really matter how much time I take. :D

DeletedUser

no
I believe I can never be finished (the 15th or which level will give the final upgrade for the main reward building) with all released settlements (because I will not use diamonds)
and with each settlement the distance to that goal is becoming bigger

I know that I can switch to egyptians when they will be released
but then I am still not finished with the Vikings

and that questions shows me that you also believe that we aren't finished with Vikings when the Egyptians are released

so that is the reason why a few players want to rush through settlements
but there is still no reason to rush through events (a normal player can easily finish every event without problems)

You can of course play 8 times vikings, 3 times egyptians, 4 times whatever and then some vikings again.
and when will I be finished with all ?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8351

J'en suis à la quinzième quête, reste 3 jours et 5 quêtes :(
Je crois que ce sera impossible à terminer dans les temps et donc avoir le cadeau final :(
Et pourtant .... j'ai commencé la colonie depuis le tout début, j'ai juste évité de dépenser des diamants :(

Translation:
I'm in the fifteenth quest, stays 3 days and 5 quests :(
I think it will be impossible to finish in time and therefore have the final gift :(
And yet .... I started the colony from the very beginning, I just avoided spending diamonds :(

EDIT: NormaJeane - 2018-11-24
Please provide an English translation when you post on the Beta-forum in another language!

RKinG

Squire
J'en suis à la quinzième quête, reste 3 jours et 5 quêtes :(
Je crois que ce sera impossible à terminer dans les temps et donc avoir le cadeau final :(
Et pourtant .... j'ai commencé la colonie depuis le tout début, j'ai juste évité de dépenser des diamants :(

@SandrineD tu es bien placée pour finir a temps pour le meilleur niveau, il y a plusieurs niveaux de récompenses: un dans 3 jours, un autre dans 7 jours et le dernier dans 11 jours.

Je suis au meme niveau que toi avec 15 quêtes finies.
Construis des wool farm car besoin de beaucoup de wool pour débloquer les derniers bâtiments.

PS: le forum de la béta est en langue anglaise, mais ca fait plaisir d'y écrire une fois en français ;)

Translation:
you are well placed to finish in time for the best level, there are several levels of rewards: one in 3 days, another in 7 days and the last in 11 days.

I am at the same level as you with 15 completed quests.
Build wool farm because you need a lot of wool to unlock the last buildings.

PS: the beta forum is in English, but it's nice to write once in French;)

EDIT: NormaJeane - 2018-11-24
Please provide an English translation when you post on the Beta-forum in another language!

MagicMiam

Steward
tr :
SandrineD : I am currently at quest 15, I have 5 quests to complete in 3 days :(
I think it will be impossible for me to finish before the deadline and get the final prize :(
Even so I started the settlement at the very beginning, I just didn't spend any diamonds :(

-Rking- : You are in good position to get the best prize, and even if
you don't there are other deadlines in 3, 7 or 11 days that give some rewards.
You should build a wool farm, the last buildings require a lot of wool to unlock.

daily changelog said:
  • Added an icon above the boat that takes you to your cultural settlement to indicate there is something to collect in the settlement
Thx for that !

DeletedUser8351

[QUOTE = "- RKinG-, post: 71707, membre: 6526"] [USER = 8351] PS: le forum de la langue anglaise pour que le temps soit écoulé ;)[/ QUOTE]
@ -RKinG- Oops, étant sur une page traduite, je pensais que cela traduisait directement en anglais
[QUOTE = "- RKinG-, message: 71707, membre: 6526"] [USER = 8351] Je suis au meme niveau que toi avec 15 quêtes finies.
Construction de la ferme de laine Besoin de beaucoup de laine pour débloquer les derniers bâtiments. [/ CITATION]
@ -RKinG- La ferme de laine est construite depuis hier
[QUOTE = "MagicMiam, post: 71708, membre: 7504"] tr:
SandrineD: Je suis actuellement en quête 15, j'ai 5 quêtes à accomplir en 3 jours :(
Je pense qu'il sera impossible pour moi de terminer avant la date limite et d'obtenir le dernier prix. :(
Même si j’ai commencé la colonie au tout début, je n’ai dépensé aucun diamant :(

-Rking-: Vous êtes en bonne position pour remporter le meilleur prix. Même si ce n’est pas le cas, il existe d’autres délais dans 3, 7 ou 11 jours qui donnent des récompenses.
Vous devriez construire une ferme de laine, les derniers bâtiments nécessitent beaucoup de laine à débloquer.

Merci pour ça! [/ QUOTE]
@MagicMiam : confus: Not understood

Translation:
@ -RKinG-Oops, being on a translated page, I thought it translated directly into English
[QUOTE = "- RKinG-, message: 71707, member: 6526"] [USER = 8351] I am at the same level as you with 15 completed quests.
Construction of the wool farm Need a lot of wool to unlock the last buildings. [/ CITATION]
@ -RKinG- The wool farm is built since yesterday
[QUOTE = "MagicMiam, post: 71708, member: 7504"] tr:
SandrineD: I am currently looking for 15, I have 5 quests to complete in 3 days :(
I think it will be impossible for me to finish before the deadline and get the last prize. :(
Even though I started the colony at the very beginning, I did not spend any diamonds :(

-Rking-: You are in a good position to win the best price. Even if this is not the case, there are other delays in 3, 7 or 11 days that give rewards.
You should build a wool farm, the last buildings require a lot of wool to unlock.

Thanks for that! [/ QUOTE]

EDIT: NormaJeane - 2018-11-24 -

RKinG

Squire
@MagicMiam thank you for translation

I build 3 wool farm for open last 3 buildings: 198 wool (and 237 axes, 83 mead, 91 horns)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.