• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Cultural Settlements

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser9541

My last Viking building now requires 226 cultural goods to unlock. I got Axes and Horns my first time requiring 1964 spaces (226x9 spaces). However I now need 187 Wool (15 spaces), 20 Horns (9 spaces), 12 Mead (12 spaces) & 7 Axes (9 spaces) requiring 2805 spaces.
It might be fairer (more balanced) if the randomized goods requirements were not simply based upon the number of cultural goods, but also upon the total number of spaces required to produce the total goods.

DeletedUser

or play all of the available cultures at once
only one at the same time possible

My point is I feel a lot of people are treating this like an event; like they need to hurry up and get what they can before it's gone.
events are also forever
you can get more or less buildings per year

like you can get more or less of the stone building in the settlement

and btw:
it doesn't make sense to rush through events: when you are finished it is over and if you are faster then you have to wait longer than other. and there is always enough time to reach the end without hurry
but settlements are different: the next starts immediately when you have done the current
and if you are too slow you get less rewards.
for example if I do a Halloween Event in 2 days I get the same then other in 20 and the next event starts for both of us at the same time

it's not a race with other players, it's not a race before the event ends.
no other players but the time

and it is a race before the next one starts
what are you doing if you need 3 more vikings settlements for the final Yggdrasil and then the egyptians start

and then the 3rd nation starts and you would still need 6 times vikings or egyptians

then you lost the race against the time of being able to finish the 15th settlement of the last current available nation
and with every nation the gab is growing bigger

The only reason to rush is if you want to receive more fragments
but you need also to rush to reach end of the last (15th) settlement of the last nation

if you are too slow you never reach the last settlement of the last nation

my conclusion: it is a race and the finish line will be more away the longer you run

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

My last Viking building now requires 226 cultural goods to unlock. I got Axes and Horns my first time requiring 1964 spaces (226x9 spaces). However I now need 187 Wool (15 spaces), 20 Horns (9 spaces), 12 Mead (12 spaces) & 7 Axes (9 spaces) requiring 2805 spaces.
It might be fairer (more balanced) if the randomized goods requirements were not simply based upon the number of cultural goods, but also upon the total number of spaces required to produce the total goods.
goods buildings are also balanced with the amount of people they need

bigger buildings needs less people

so doesn't they need the same space if considering that?

DeletedUser9541

Space is the issue. A player can only produce 25 axes or horns, but only 15 wool on 45 spaces, (5 cultural goods buildings verses 3).
BT3, you have been here 5 years verses my less than one. Cheers

DeletedUser9541

Will "reconstruction" be enabled in the Settlements in the near future?

DeletedUser

Space is the issue. A player can only produce 25 axes or horns, but only 15 wool on 45 spaces, (5 cultural goods buildings verses 3).
BT3, you have been here 5 years verses my less than one. Cheers
you need less houses :rolleyes:
have you ever thought about houses and population ?

25 axes needs 225 people = 14,1 shacks

so 25 axes in reality doesn't need 45 space but 45+14*4=101 (lets round down but it could be that you really need 15)

oh wait that wouldn't work
you know what we have now forgotten ?
exactly: the roads
14 shacks each using half of 2 roads on a side
5 axe smith. using half of the road on a side with 3 length
= 14 + 7,5 = 21.5 roads

you need 45 space to run 5 axe smith
where I need 122,5 roads

that is the difference between people playing 6 !! years and one :D

PS: if I would need only 45 space for 5 axes smiths I would build 10 :p

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
and it is a race before the next one starts
what are you doing if you need 3 more vikings settlements for the final Yggdrasil and then the egyptians start

and then the 3rd nation starts and you would still need 6 times vikings or egyptians

then you lost the race against the time of being able to finish the 15th settlement of the last current available nation
and with every nation the gab is growing bigger

Since the cultures aren't connected and since a player can only do one at a time (and we only have the Vikings available now), what are you basing this observation on? How are you figuring this?

DeletedUser

Since the cultures aren't connected and since a player can only do one at a time (and we only have the Vikings available now), what are you basing this observation on? How are you figuring this?
what exactly
that slower players haven't finished the first culture when the 2nd is released ?

I am basing it on the believe that InnoGames will release the next culture one in less than 8 month

the rest is math
(the first takes 21 days, the 15th. 10.5 days. so average 15.75 days. doing it 15 times = 8 month)

so what makes you believe that if you do all 15 attempts in the time you should need that the next hasn't started ?

and players who don't rush through the settlements (= doing it in time for the fastest reward) can easily be in one culture one year and longer to finish the final 15th settlement (final to get the final regular not time based upgrade kit for the tree)

but maybe I am absolutely wrong and the 2nd starts 2020 :rolleyes:

so all who believes in 2020 to start the Egyptians: take your time. it is enough before the next start
all who believe in less than 8 month: hurry up and do it as fast as possible (without diamonds)
and even if you do it the chances are high that you haven't finished Vikings when Egyptians starts

DeletedUser

If we need to do 9 runs all within time to get a full upgrade of both prizes, how short is the time for the 9th run
you need 15 runs to full upgrade the Yggdrasil because you don't get an upgrade every time

and the 15th has a 10.5 day time limit

and doing all with it little less than that time limit you need 8 month

DeletedUser8362

you need 15 runs to full upgrade the Yggdrasil because you don't get an upgrade every time

and the 15th has a 10.5 day time limit

I just noticed that on the wiki as you posted...

So it is doable... :)

Lionhead

Baronet
but settlements are different: the next starts immediately when you have done the current

Are you sure this is correct?
I have just finished the 1st, and when clicking my Viking Ship, I get a Start-button. So the next one doesn´t really begin before I click that?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I have just finished the 1st, and when clicking my Viking Ship, I get a Start-button. So the next one doesn´t really begin before I click that?

But it *could* begin immediately - assuming you're trying to get done your 15 clears quickly for one reason or another.

DeletedUser

this:
But it *could* begin immediately - assuming you're trying to get done your 15 clears quickly for one reason or another.

you need to start it
but you can start immediately

unlike events which this was compared to:
there you have to wait no matter how fast you finish
(faster = even longer waiting time)

DeletedUser9669

this:

you need to start it
but you can start immediately

unlike events which this was compared to:
there you have to wait no matter how fast you finish
(faster = even longer waiting time)
Hello. I finished the settlement today and started a new one. I was appalled that the land that you had released with diamonds is no longer available. How do you imagine this to the German version? The players earned their hard-earned money. Save on land and take it back after completing the settlement. That would only be a theft of you, then the players have paid for it! I talked to several players and told them how it ended in beta. I will also write in my guilds, not that the poor spend their hard-earned money and then all are taken away. Buying land with diamonds to take back the players is simply more than an outrage! I will not use diamonds on the beta version anymore. Why, even if one of these plots is taken anyway

DeletedUser9669

Hello. I finished the settlement today and started a new one. I was appalled that the land that you had released with diamonds is no longer available. How do you imagine this to the German version? The players earned their hard-earned money. Save on land and take it back after completing the settlement. That would only be a theft of you, then the players have paid for it! I talked to several players and told them how it ended in beta. I will also write in my guilds, not that the poor spend their hard-earned money and then all are taken away. Buying land with diamonds to take back the players is simply more than an outrage! I will not use diamonds on the beta version anymore. Why, even if one of these plots is taken anyway

DeletedUser7454

I finished the first around 16-17 days. I spent about 2500 diamonds on it (since we get diamonds to test, I do not mind using them – but I think to fully test this features Inno should give more – not as I am greedy, but it is a feature that has to be tested for an extended time).

1. I still believe it is extremely slow and many will get frustrated with it. There is a built-up expectation and the slow speed is an ice water on it. I believe the speed should be the other way around – have the 1st 2-3 settlement built in a week and as the value of prizes increase extent the time – will be still the same time frame but those who will really want the final reward will do the longer time build – or pay diamonds to get the upgrade faster.

2. I calculated that we need roughly about 1300 (+/-) to finish the settlement. That is about 260 4hrs collection. Given that I did some 8hrs collection let’s say I needed to collect 200 times. With 3% chance I should have gotten 6x the chance to get 4x the production. I got it only 1x – that is 0.5%. Now I know the chance is tricky and I might not get the 6 times. But IMO 1x is very little for 200 collection.

3. I believe that it can be done within the time limit, BUT I think for most of the average players it will struggle to do so. Players who come 1x or 2x to play will get frustrated. My guess is that most players will need more time to finish the 1st run. IMO this is a bad PR with players. Many will believe that this caters only to those who play with diamonds. Would be nicer if the first few settlements and rune stone reward would be achievable for most and the later will be something that one needs diamonds. Like events when a prized event building can be achieved easily by finishing the event by every player but to get more than one needs diamonds.

4. I have plenty coins and supplies available to me to keep changing up my plot and keep building and rebuilding. But I wonder if early era player can do that – I remember I used to have problem not having enough coins or supplies for my plot. Lack of coins and supplies might also slow down the growth of the settlement. Indeed, it is more a mathematical puzzle to figure out the perfect balance between having enough population for the production buildings while having enough coins to feed them. And that all complicated with the shape and size of the buildings and plots. I have seen many plots in this game for 4 years – many of them are inefficient and most players do not take time or do not know how to optimize them.

5. Finally the cost of the diamond expansions – maybe you should prorate them and that could solve the situation – like in 1st settlement they could cost like 25 diamonds (will be 100 for 4) and then increase to 50 and even more in future settlements. To me it makes sense that when one wants a higher reward should pay a higher cost.

DeletedUser7454

I was appalled that the land that you had released with diamonds is no longer available.

Well yes -- this was discussed a few times before and maybe it should be made clearer that the diamond purchase applies to the current settlement and it is not transferable. It will cause problems in RL if not made clear.

DeletedUser

4. I have plenty coins and supplies available to me to keep changing up my plot and keep building and rebuilding. But I wonder if early era player can do that – I remember I used to have problem not having enough coins or supplies for my plot. Lack of coins and supplies might also slow down the growth of the settlement. Indeed, it is more a mathematical puzzle to figure out the perfect balance between having enough population for the production buildings while having enough coins to feed them. And that all complicated with the shape and size of the buildings and plots. I have seen many plots in this game for 4 years – many of them are inefficient and most players do not take time or do not know how to optimize them.
the costs are lower
so they shouldn't have a problem
unless they aren't almost broke for their era

Status
Not open for further replies.