• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Cultural Settlements

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

jools1956

Farmer
Are you sure you didn't start constructions last night before logging out? As that would easily explain it, since residential productions are not triggered automatically, you have to login to see the construction finish, for the production cycle to start.
Yes, I did start last night before logging out. So, I have to stay logged in forever or be there when the four hours are up? Same with the axe building?

DeletedUser9373

-Time consuming and irritating with all those impediments everywhere.
-Very expensive to loose diamondexpos for every new settlement - not fun at all! I wonder how many of us is likely to buy expos in main.......
-Difficult to gain access to new expos and to balance needs - eg axproducing, coppercoins, diplomacy and hopefully new resources IF you manage to balance axes in production.....

I wish for gaining free expos in main to use in settlement, eg from GE or daily or quests. Something to balance the cost from diamondexpos, those are primarily needed in main.

I wish for a pickaxe to get rid of some of those impediments. Vikings wouldn't have left all those impediments in their way in the settlement, that is also something to ease the expansion.

I wish for free treasures in the surrounding, eg fish, seal, whales or something to eas up the game in someway. (Get rid of an impediment?)

/Regards LadyM

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Yes, I did start last night before logging out. So, I have to stay logged in forever or be there when the four hours are up? Same with the axe building?
For residential buildings you have to login or be logged in when the construction finishes in order for the production cycle to start.

DeletedUser6501

Ok, it has only been 2 days, but I find it quite slow and boring. It should be more fast paced. Now it is just a light version of a new city and everything takes a lot of time and does not feel very rewarding.

Long story short: make it more rewarding and faster paced.

Logain Sedai

Baronet
-Time consuming and irritating with all those impediments everywhere.
-Very expensive to loose diamondexpos for every new settlement - not fun at all! I wonder how many of us is likely to buy expos in main.......
-Difficult to gain access to new expos and to balance needs - eg axproducing, coppercoins, diplomacy and hopefully new resources IF you manage to balance axes in production.....

I wish for gaining free expos in main to use in settlement, eg from GE or daily or quests. Something to balance the cost from diamondexpos, those are primarily needed in main.

I wish for a pickaxe to get rid of some of those impediments. Vikings wouldn't have left all those impediments in their way in the settlement, that is also something to ease the expansion.

I wish for free treasures in the surrounding, eg fish, seal, whales or something to eas up the game in someway. (Get rid of an impediment?)

/Regards LadyM

You don't need to pay expansions with diamonds if you don't wish too.
The impediments are here to make things a bit trickier and in fact, imo the whole feature is not meant to be too easy and finished too fast.

As others have said, this is not going to be to the taste of everybody, but those who like a challenge and something new this is a very welcomed addition to the game.
Also, remember that it is the beginning and that it probably seems harder because we have to find out things by ourselves, contrary to the main cities where most of us can benefit from the experience of others.

Good day to all

DeletedUser8887

Day 2. Still slow and boring. I used my axes to get two expansions and was able to build another axe smith and a couple more shacks. Problem is that I don't make enough copper coins to be able to keep both in production all the time.

I like a challenge and something new but I also like something that requires more than just waiting.

I agree with comments that it would help to be able to see how other players are developing their cities.

Keep in mind that this is the Beta server and a main purpose is to get feedback on new features. If the people who like this were the only ones who posted the developers would not get a true picture of what all players think.

Praeceptor

Marquis
Keep in mind that this is the Beta server and a main purpose is to get feedback on new features. If the people who like this were the only ones who posted the developers would not get a true picture of what all players think.

Very good point - although I'm enjoying this to a degree, I can understand why some have more negative views.

DeletedUser7529

There could also be different difficulty levels. Easiest one would be flat terrain, without impediments and with cheaper goods costs. More difficult ones will have more impediments and higher tech costs, but if completed on time offer more rewards (more runestone fragments) - for those who wants more challenge :)

DeletedUser8822

What happens when you abandon your settlement? Can you just restart immediately or do you have to wait some time till you can do so?

DeletedUser8822

Suggestion: You have only 4 goods, why not put them on the top bar? Don't see any legit reason you have to click your townhall to see them.

sug.jpg

Btw, I noticed for me the mead cost for the next expansion (4th one) increased from 2 to 7 even tho I didn't use mead to buy any expansions so far. Is this a bug?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7529

the difficulty increases

each time you have less time to get all rewards

the last (15th) is 10.5 days
10 days seems like mission impossible, you need around 19-20 days to produce all goods without any delay with collecting and without counting any obstacles on terrain - so you can have 6 good producing buildings and enough residences and culture buildings for coin production. For 10 days you would need to collect 4x every 2nd time - 50% chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.