• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Cultural Settlements

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
We need to get de CHAT in the settlement screen.
We need an indicator in the main city that says an action is required in the settlement.

Why?

The first extension should be available before we get all 4 viking ressources.

The first expansion is available before we get all 4 resources. ;)

You only need 2 axes, OR 2 horns, OR 2 mead, OR 2 wool to set an expansion, not all 4. I've already set an expansion, with axes. Of course, the next expansion will cost me 7 axes, should I wish to pay with axes.

Last edited:

Lionhead

Baronet
Hi,
We need to get de CHAT in the settlement screen.
We need an indicator in the main city that says an action is required in the settlement.
The first extension should be available before we get all 4 viking ressources.
Best regards,

I agree with Chat in Settlement screen. And I would even say we need to get the mail-system incorporated in the Settlement screen as well.
Furthermore I would like the posibility to visit other players Settlements.
In my guild on my main server, some players will on occassion give friendly advice and advice is regularly asked for on how to optimize the main city. So I predict advice will be asked for regarding Settlemens as well. But rather difficult to give, when you can´t actually see it.

vanguard1

Farmer
The tooltip for Axe Smith, Mead Brewery, Beast Hunter and Wool Farm doesn't show that it needs a road connection:
A3hfYDN.png

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
Because some guilds are still doing GvG, and it would be rather nice to get alert calls if you happen to be doing reconstruction in your Settlement.

Ah, gotcha. I had not considered that, since we text. :p In that case, yeah, I can see where chat would be of value in the settlement.

Anyone else experience disappearing Viking goods?
Collected my first batch of axes after 4hrs, logged out, waited another 4 hours, logged back in, noticed my first batch of axes are gone.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I'm honestly torn on how to feel about this:

Positive:
The rewards seem sufficiently motivating.
The idea seems reasonable to allow people to keep doing some city-building once they've hit stagnation in the main game.

Negative:
It seems a bit simplistic. Achieving the 21d limit appears mostly to be governed by how frequently you're able to check in - there's not really room for different strategies it seems.
Diamond expansions feel a bit high in price for something that's going to last < 3 weeks. I assume mostly they'll be unnecessary (because it's so simplistic).

Andi47

Overlord
So HOW many shacks do you expect us to have in the city to sustain the production of an Axe smith? And how should this be possible without buying all four diamond expansions?

BTW: The speedserver which was shown in the video (see the Vikings spoiler thread), and which seems to be used for alpha testing, is one thing, but on beta the shack production takes 4 hours. Many people are at work during daytime and not all of us want to get up at midnight to collect the shacks. So I need TWENTY THREE shacks to sustain the production of ONE axe smith. Or, when I get up at night (yawn) and log in during working hours (what would the boss say??), I still need TWELVE shacks (collected just in time every 4 hours) to pay the 230 copper coins which are needed for ONE 8-hour axe production.

edit:

Screenshot: 4 diamond expansions plus two expansions payed with a total of 9 axes.
Vikings_MANY_shacks.jpg

This screenshot shows twenty-one shacks and one axe-smith - 23 shacks, don't even fit after buying all four diamond expansions.

...and when I can't log in during the working hours, this can't pay the next axe production (230 copper coins).
Axe_production.jpg

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
you don't need to sustain the axesmith permanently off shacks - just long enough to unlock shrines (which produce a lot more copper than shacks).

DeletedUser8530

Tedium..4 hour collects 8 hour builds cost more 15% more runes.
At the end of the 20 days get a level 1 tree. Which needs to be level 9 to give 10% attack so is that 8 months to get 1 useful thing?
There will be different cultures will they still give yggdrasil upgrades or will as proposed different buildings/upgrades?

Seems to me you are catering for farmville players not fighters. While doing gvg or hood have to set a separate timer to know when to collect village. While in village need to use external chat program to be notified of GvG action.

I understand trying to monetize the game by negotiations in dailies and now via village. But to change a war game to collectionville imo will just convert your users to farmville players and everything becomes boring to them if they cant or don't gvg. Or just get sick of being plundered by fighters and leave the game anyway?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
assuming you use 4 hour cycles on everything and just accept some lost time and that sustainability is your immediate goal :

Start : 500 copper
6 shacks + 1 axesmith (might be able to fit a 7th shack depending on impediments)
------
1+ hr later
Start 4 hr axe production (if you're worried about copper you shouldn't be using 8 hr)
400 copper
------
4+ hrs later
Collect and restart axe production
360 copper, 5 axes.
Add expansion. Down to 3 axes.
Add 1 more axesmith
-----
1+ hr later
Start 4 hr axe production
260 copper, 3 axes
-----
4+ hrs later
Collect and restart two axe productions
120 copper, 13 axes
----
4+ hrs later
Collect.
180 copper, 23 axes
Unlock shrines. Delete 2nd axe smith. Build 2 shrines.
Restart one axe production
80 copper, 0 axes

You now collect 120 copper per cycle and spend 100 for 5 axes. Another expansion from now you'll probably be able to fit in 1 8 hr axe production a day.

DeletedUser5324

As long as it's not even sure that one gets upgrades for the rewards from the last engagement in a culture this is wasted time :(((
Even then it will take several months to collect a useful reward.
As long as the rewards change with every new settlement it will most probably be easier to get a complete set of Palace or Cherry Garden from the Daily than to get a decent reward from the settlements.
...and i certainly will not spend 500 diamonds for an expansion which is lost once a settlement is completed...

DeletedUser

There will be different cultures will they still give yggdrasil upgrades or will as proposed different buildings/upgrades?
As long as the rewards change with every new settlement

Every culture will bring its own rewards, yes. But you can still do every previous settlement again until you get the reward you wanted.
Say, you have Yggdrasil on level 7 and still are missing the last upgrades. You decide it's better to do some gothroughs on the next culture, get some rewards there and then you can still come back to the vikings and go for your Yggdrasil upgrades.

DeletedUser

But shrines need population as well... I have 3 of them, I can also afford two axesmiths, but I cannot afford to put them in 8h cycle. And that's for nine months over and over. Yeah, SUCH FUN... And here I bought 3 diamond expansions, on live I would never do such stupid thing.

I am bored. Can we please skip to another feature? Where would Xmas event start, BTW?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I'd really like to see the expansions tab in the settlement's build menu instead of having to click on an open expansion. It's not the system i'm used to for buying expansions and when i went and selected to add my first one i assumed it'd just place it in the spot where i'd pulled up the menu to add an expansion. instead it flipped to where do i want it and i clicked through and placed it somewhere i didn't want it. Not the end of the world, but an annoyance.

Status
Not open for further replies.