• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Cultural Settlements

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser7529

Goods production needs some balance. I dont really understand why longer productions use more coins per axe.
Also % chance for 4x production should depend on production length - that would justify higher coins expense, ie:
4h = 5 axes with 3% chance for 20
8h = 10 axes with 1 - (1-0.03)*(1-0.03) = 5.91% chance
24h = 20 axes with 1 - (1-0.03)^4 = 11.47% chance

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I dont really understand why longer productions use more coins per axe.

It is probably the same reson, why residentials and productions in your regular town give you less per time unit in the upper time tiers - more effort is needed from the player for catering the lower time tiers and that is rewarded. I am only wondering, why they did not do that for the 4h and 8h productions in goods buildings of the regular town...

DeletedUser9022

I'm really missing the Reconstruction mode for this settlement.

Well, that’s part of the challenge. It makes is much more difficult to build the things you want.

It seems a bit simplistic. Achieving the 21d limit appears mostly to be governed by how frequently you're able to check in - there's not really room for different strategies it seems.

Well, that’s part of the challenge. Is there really no room for different strategies? Do you build expansions first? How many? Or do you start with a high axe production on small space? Do you first collect a lot of coins and then destroy their buildings to build goods production? Do you try to keep all buildings you have build or do you destroy goods buildings often and replace them with other ones to create other goods? How do the stones in the city influence your strategy? Do you try to buy only expansions without stones or do you try to build expansions in a rectangle shape whithout considering stones? Do you only use 4h goods production since it is cheaper although you then have to skip one production at night?

So HOW many shacks do you expect us to have in the city to sustain the production of an Axe smith? And how should this be possible without buying all four diamond expansions?

Well, that’s part of the challenge. You have to figure out the best strategy for yourself. Since everyone has a different layout of stones, there is no such thing as the “best” strategy. Especially since everybody has different times where they can come online.

But shrines need population as well... I have 3 of them, I can also afford two axesmiths, but I cannot afford to put them in 8h cycle.

Well, that’s part of the challenge. Is it smart in this case to build another axesmith? Or maybe it is better to first produce more copper with two additional shrines and then destroy these shrines to build another axesmith as soon as you have enough copper?

Goods production needs some balance. I dont really understand why longer productions use more coins per axe.
Also % chance for 4x production should depend on production length - that would justify higher coins expense, ie:
4h = 5 axes with 3% chance for 20
8h = 10 axes with 1 - (1-0.03)*(1-0.03) = 5.91% chance
24h = 20 axes with 1 - (1-0.03)^4 = 11.47% chance

Well, that’s part of the challenge. You have to decide whether it is worth to only use the 4h production, especially over night, or if it is better to use the 8h production in that case.

I will leave feedback once I start with the Viking Settlement.
Let's see how the game plays !

This is Krann. Krann sees a new FoE feature. Krann decides to test it first and give feedback later. Krann is smart. Be like Krann.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Well, that’s part of the challenge. Is there really no room for different strategies? Do you build expansions first? How many? Or do you start with a high axe production on small space? Do you first collect a lot of coins and then destroy their buildings to build goods production? Do you try to keep all buildings you have build or do you destroy goods buildings often and replace them with other ones to create other goods? How do the stones in the city influence your strategy? Do you try to buy only expansions without stones or do you try to build expansions in a rectangle shape whithout considering stones? Do you only use 4h goods production since it is cheaper although you then have to skip one production at night?

Honestly there's not much difference anywhere there's half a thought that you could do something different. Just how close to every 4 hrs you can login and collect. I suppose you can go intentionally wrong. The debris just costs you a building here or there. It's not a major alteration to strategy.

I am testing it out one run through on beta and will give more feedback as it goes. But as of now, my feedback is I'm bored.

Praeceptor

Marquis
I'm beginning to think that attempting to crash through the questline is unlikely to work very well. I build 3 axe producers, and one has stood idle the whole time through lack of copper coins. A better strategy is probably to use the space to build up a stock of coins first, then start producing goods. I've gone back to having shacks and shrines and only one axe smith for now which seems to be working better.

DeletedUser

Krann said:
I will leave feedback once I start with the Viking Settlement.
Let's see how the game plays !
This is Krann. Krann sees a new FoE feature. Krann decides to test it first and give feedback later. Krann is smart. Be like Krann.

Yeah, lets be like Kran and start trashing FEEDBACK section by giving NO FEEDBACK. Really smart. Almost as smart as this new feature.

DeletedUser

Well, that’s part of the challenge. Is it smart in this case to build another axesmith? Or maybe it is better to first produce more copper with two additional shrines and then destroy these shrines to build another axesmith as soon as you have enough copper?

See, that's what's so boring about it - I can do one time with three axesmiths, one time with two, one time with none... And all this for some crappy rewards. Watching grass growing is more fun, grass is green, green is good.

And spending every 3-4 weeks 2k diaxes for this? Seriously? People are stupid, but no doubt not so much, they will easily save they money for shrines or other Toloses, as for the months saved by not doing this nuissance and boring Viking task they will gather far more profitable rewards from neverending stream of events.

Last edited by a moderator:

kaymedic

Marquis
I made the misstake that i would do in my normal city: Building more than one production building because I thought that is faster. But as many of you already mentioned it is not because lack of coins.

But i can accept this as a challenge. Maybe there is a need for some finetuning bevor going on the live server. Actually I see no reason why it cannot go live soon :)

DeletedUser6863

FalkeNr1 has a video on page 18 Spoilers where it says that once the other settlements are introduced we will be able to do more than 1 settlement at a time. This will be more interesting than just doing the Vikings.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
FalkeNr1 has a video on page 18 Spoilers where it says that once the other settlements are introduced we will be able to do more than 1 settlement at a time. This will be more interesting than just doing the Vikings.
Likely what was meant in the video is that you'll be able to choose to visit and work with different Settlements. It says already in the announcement that only one Settlement can be played at a time. :)

DeletedUser7529

I would really like to see some additional actions to take for time between 4h collection intervals.
For example - vikings are fighters, it would be nice if there was some struggles to deal with. Like incidents outside settlement, but once clicked you need to help Ragnar in battle. You are allowed to bring only iron age / EMA units for that. When succeded you are rewarded with extra coins or goods for settlement to speed up your progress.
Those would be optional tho - you still should have a chance to complete settlement in 21 days without those.

HannahMecoe

Merchant
akkkkk... A new interface to get used to: the Build button in the Viking settlement isnt in the same place---I keep hitting Back.

Logain Sedai

Baronet
See, that's what's so boring about it - I can do one time with three axesmiths, one time with two, one time with none... And all this for some crappy rewards. Watching grass growing is more fun, grass is green, green is good.

And spending every 3-4 weeks 2k diaxes for this? Seriously? People are stupid, but no doubt not so much, they will easily save they money for shrines or other Toloses, as for the months saved by not doing this nuissance and boring Viking task they will gather far more profitable rewards from neverending stream of events.

That's your opinion. Please don't insult people who are actually happy with this feature. Just because the results are not as fast as you wish does not make it wrong. I think it has been said somewhere, that this feature was also meant for people who are not 24/7 on line.
For me, this is a good addition to the game, it is something new to do with good rewards (who does not need extra PF or attack bonus in a small building?).

Suggestion:
The random impediments on the starting area (first 4 building grids) is a bit annoying. It's difficult to give or receive advice on how to start the settlement when everyone starts differently. Would make more sense to either have no impediments in the starting area or at least have the same impediments.

Please contact in-game support so we can look into this further for you, thank you.
After talking to a guildmate I think I know what happened to them. I got impatient and used diamonds to unlock an advancement. I thought it would only take my diamonds (similar to speeding up building a building) and I think it took my axes first then my diamonds.

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
That's your opinion. Please don't insult people who are actually happy with this feature. Just because the results are not as fast as you wish does not make it wrong. I think it has been said somewhere, that this feature was also meant for people who are not 24/7 on line.
For me, this is a good addition to the game, it is something new to do with good rewards (who does not need extra PF or attack bonus in a small building?).

I agree completely, but you know we're in the minority at this point.

jools1956

Farmer
Possible bug? Is there some rule that you have to collect within a certain time frame? I logged in this morning and everything showed four hours to go with no overnight collections....

Praeceptor

Marquis
I agree completely, but you know we're in the minority at this point.

From my perspective, the players who aren't satisfied are missing the point. It's not about huge rewards, it's about the challenge. This game shouldn't be a chore, and I'm enjoying working out a strategy that will get my settlement done within 21 days. I like the impediments because that adds to the difficulty. If I get a little tree at the end - even better.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Possible bug? Is there some rule that you have to collect within a certain time frame? I logged in this morning and everything showed four hours to go with no overnight collections....
Are you sure you didn't start constructions last night before logging out? As that would easily explain it, since residential productions are not triggered automatically, you have to login to see the construction finish, for the production cycle to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.