• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Arctic Future

DeletedUser5630

If reccuring quest will not be fixed, i will hardly thnik about leaveing this game. It's ridiculous that the price is higher, and the reward doesn't change, and the goods you get, are worthless. Arctic Future is the worst thing i have ever seen in Forge of Empire. Useless quests. Useless GBs. Useless goods. Useless map. Useless Era. New FOE developers are useless, so they must be dismissed.

DeletedUser4285

If reccuring quest will not be fixed, i will hardly thnik about leaveing this game. It's ridiculous that the price is higher, and the reward doesn't change, and the goods you get, are worthless. Arctic Future is the worst thing i have ever seen in Forge of Empire. Useless quests. Useless GBs. Useless goods. Useless map. Useless Era. New FOE developers are useless, so they must be dismissed.

useless GBs? there's only 1 GB so far tho or is there another one that no one has told me about yet? o_O
the era seems mostly useless because of the way it is released now which is in parts rather than as a whole.

DeletedUser5630

useless GBs? there's only 1 GB so far tho or is there another one that no one has told me about yet? o_O
the era seems mostly useless because of the way it is released now which is in parts rather than as a whole.

I am talking about things that we know now. I am not gonna speculate what else will be added, becasue looking on things that are currently done, i am afraid it will be even worse. New Era is hardly bad.

DeletedUser4256

Going back to the unit talk, I have to agree about the recon raiders. It should have a bonus against tanks and artillery, but:
1) Against a hover tank, since it has stealth, I must take some retaliation damage, and the defense of the raider is very poor, which means that not only will I take a lot of damage from being attack, I still take a lot of damage just from attacking them!
2) The issue isn't as much of attacking Rail Guns, more of trying to get to the Rail Guns in the first place. All the other enemy types will kill the recons before I can reach them. And even against 8 Rails, I'd much rather pick combat drones (since I can actually attack on the first round) or drone swarms (their defense actually does stand up to them and I can attack with some on the first round)

recon raiders have bonus against artilery and heavy units
have you faced them on last GE encounters with 105% boost attack?
for me this unit is not so weak as it seems.

Tanmay11

Regent
i believe the stats have been improved now....previously it had less range or no??:confused::confused:

podkap1970

Emperor
i believe the stats have been improved now....previously it had less range or no??:confused::confused:
yes since few days it have a 'better' range now
how can you compare an unit in an expedition with 105 % if its a good one or bad one ? :)

DeletedUser4256

yes since few days it have a 'better' range now

how can you compare an unit in an expedition with 105 % if its a good one or bad one ? :)

by fighting having a similar attack boost, for example using my rail guns with 115%-90%

podkap1970

Emperor
by fighting having a similar attack boost, for example using my rail guns with 115%-90%
sorry but thats just wrong i would say
expedition with 105 % is an extreme situation and you cant compare an unit if good or bad, atleast i think that

maybe you can compare it with a 75 % boost from a HQ in GvG

maybe its a good unit in the last 5-6 fights in the 3rd lvl expedition, but in GvG not sure, if its in a good mixed def maybe,
hmm there are many maybe's :)

or lets ask what is a good unit at all

i just use a champion plus railgun plus 6 rogues, and in 2 hits with my champions the raider is down, even he is in full def, so not sure it is that good

Last edited:

DeletedUser4256

sorry but thats just wrong i would say
expedition with 105 % is an extreme situation and you cant compare an unit if good or bad, atleast i think that

maybe you can compare it with a 75 % boost from a HQ in GvG

maybe its a good unit in the last 5-6 fights in the 3rd lvl expedition, but in GvG not sure, if its in a good mixed def maybe,
hmm there are many maybe's :)

or lets ask what is a good unit at all

i just use a champion plus railgun plus 6 rogues, and in 2 hits with my champions the raider is down, even he is in full def, so not sure it is that good

on level 3 (two-wave) fights or in a single GvG/PvP fight ?

podkap1970

Emperor
in a level 3 expedition fight
if the rogues transform into champions i fight the first wave with raiders/drones, if i get more railguns i abort the fight and try again until i get enough champions to beat the raiders/drones
in 2nd wave with some hovertanks in it, i hope i get some more railguns and kill the hovertanks with them
if not i have to redo the whole fight or i lose some units of course

the last 5-6-7 fights in 3rd level takes some time, to reproduce my attached rogues, but time doesnt matter
atm iam at last fight, will try with 1x railgun and 7 rogues, not sure it works well :)

Edit: yes worked 'well' with 1x railgun and 7 rogues, the last fight, lost 2 attached rogues 'only'

Last edited:

DeletedUser7473

increase of speed? reduction of time? what's the difference?
if the speed is increased by 100% or the time reduced by 100% then it comes down to half for both :p

@Talh: what happens to goods buildings and anything else that can't be aided like bazaar, mad scientist lab, etc?

I take your question is meant in regards to my earlier suggestion for protection of a certain number of productions as an GB effect.
Well, ever since Voyager has been introduced the plunder rate has certainly increased because those players now get goods for plundering a building no matter which it is.
Also while they use Voyager to boost their plundering they can also use the Dynamic Tower while aiding within their guild.

As such the offensive players have been boosted onesidedly even though they already had the advantage with 3 attack boosing GBs to only 2 defense boosting GBs with an aweful AI on defense.
Defending as such is pretty much impossible.

Since Innogames hasn´t managed to balance the city defense against an attacking player I had thought that at least having the ability to protect some of the productions that can´t be aided would somehow decrease the disadvantage of the defenders as they could at least save the most important productions in their cities.

P.S.: "100% decrease in time" means "time needed is 0".
50% decrease in time equals an 100% increase in speed.
67% decrease in time = 200% increase in speed
75% decrease in time = 300% increase in speed
80% decrease in time = 400% increase in speed

So a steady increase in speed will shorten the time with every increase.
But the amount of time decreased by each increase dwindles down each time and therefore never reaches 100% decrease in time.

While when using a decrease in time as effect directly the decrease must become smaller every now and then or you could reach 100% decrease in time at some point.
And that mustn´t be possible as you can´t produce things instantly.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4256

in a level 3 expedition fight
if the rogues transform into champions i fight the first wave with raiders/drones, if i get more railguns i abort the fight and try again until i get enough champions to beat the raiders/drones
in 2nd wave with some hovertanks in it, i hope i get some more railguns and kill the hovertanks with them
if not i have to redo the whole fight or i lose some units of course

the last 5-6-7 fights in 3rd level takes some time, to reproduce my attached rogues, but time doesnt matter
atm iam at last fight, will try with 1x railgun and 7 rogues, not sure it works well :)

Edit: yes worked 'well' with 1x railgun and 7 rogues, the last fight, lost 2 attached rogues 'only'

yeah, its a good move, in my case I did it using surrogate soldiers and rogues :)

DeletedUser2752

I got transester gas as a random reward from a recurring quest

So the changes i see about the AFE stuff so far ...

Recon attack gone from 160 to 180 and range from 2 to 4 which on the battlefield is 2 to 3.
the 1 day house's pop is 3900 from 2430 (i think).
gaea statue gives 127 medals at level 1 rather than 73.
There's a mention of requirements for more FPs for techs but not really noticed anything there :p

Have i missed anything out?
what about the 1 day house coins output? has that changed?
1-day is now 8-hour btw. I did mention that here: https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.c...-towers-and-expansions.4377/page-3#post-32734

DeletedUser4285

lol i never noticed that. FoE need to change the part where it says 1 d.

DeletedUser5630

Do anybody have questline from Arctic Era? Especially quests that can be skipped?

Andi47

Overlord
Suggestion:

As soon as one proceeds to Arctic future, the GBs, which are producing goods for the guild treasury, are almost USELESS:
  • Observatory: a few points for the support pool (divided by the support factor, this is almost nothing) + useless guild goods. USELESS
  • Atomium: Happiness (any Future or Arctic Future cultural building is better) + useless guild goods. USELESS, should we sell it and build a cultural building instead?!?
  • Arc: Level 1 should suffice to pay the player's share for unlocking the higher levels of the Guild expeditions. For personal reasons (contribution boost) many players want to bring it up to higher levels. So: good for personal reasons, USELESS for the guild.

Many guilds have token rings to bring the "guild goods"-GBs up to higher levels, so as for now as a result tenthousands of useless AF goods will accumulate in the treasury with no use.

Therefore the suggestion: Make AF guild goods (and guild goods of any era to come) trade-able for lower era guild goods! (maybe bind it to the Arctic Harbour, but in this case COMMUNICATE it before everyone sells their Observatorys and Atomiums!) (or better: DON'T do this with the harbour because then we will have to wait for MONTHS until we can use those AF guild goods!)
* only Founder and Leader of a guild should be able to trade guild goods
* guild goods should be tradeable ONLY from Arctic future (and any later era to come) to lower eras (even to Iron Age) with the trade ratio calculated by the production costs.
* Trade partner should be a NPC wholesaler. Reason: Many guilds will end up with BOATLOADS of AF goods (which are USELESS as of now), while lower era goods will become more and more seldom, so I guess that there will be not many guilds which are willing to trade e.g. their Tomorrow Era goods away.

Edit: Important question to Inno:
I have heared suggestions in my guild at the home server NOT to proceed to arctic future in order to keep the GBs producing Future Era goods. Technically one would be a player who is not at the end of the tech tree and is not proceeding any further. Is there a risk to be banned when NOT proceeding to AF for the mentioned reason?

DeletedUser5097

Do anybody have questline from Arctic Era? Especially quests that can be skipped?
Not all, but I hope this help you a little bit:
280k coins/280k supplies
img