• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Arctic Future

DeletedUser5429

spend 99 FP
spend 200 FP
collect 1,000,000 coins
collect 900,000 supplies
collect 1,500,000 supplies
gain 10,000 happiness
pay 280,000 coins & supplies
have x of both units (you only get them if you have less and don't know the values because I have Alcatraz and more of them so I don't get those quests anymore)
For information, there is a diffrence between the quests asking for the spending of 99 or 200 FPs.
When the reward is goods, the former gives tomorrow goods, while the latter gives arctic goods.
I didnt' check, but I guess it's the same for the two quests with supplies.

DeletedUser5097

Many people doesn't like the arctic future on this way, but no way back. Better to make the next
parts of this age. The upcomming game age making complete, than just test it in parts in a time of
2-3 weeks. For intensive testing and the best test results. If all parts been testet on beta, bring
the complete game era to the live servers. On that way you can escape from situations like this,
it's doesn't fixed this problems for now, but for the next game ages.
Suggestion:

As soon as one proceeds to Arctic future, the GBs, which are producing goods for the guild treasury, are almost USELESS:
  • Observatory: a few points for the support pool (divided by the support factor, this is almost nothing) + useless guild goods. USELESS
  • Atomium: Happiness (any Future or Arctic Future cultural building is better) + useless guild goods. USELESS, should we sell it and build a cultural building instead?!?
  • Arc: Level 1 should suffice to pay the player's share for unlocking the higher levels of the Guild expeditions. For personal reasons (contribution boost) many players want to bring it up to higher levels. So: good for personal reasons, USELESS for the guild.

Many guilds have token rings to bring the "guild goods"-GBs up to higher levels, so as for now as a result tenthousands of useless AF goods will accumulate in the treasury with no use.

Therefore the suggestion: Make AF guild goods (and guild goods of any era to come) trade-able for lower era guild goods! (maybe bind it to the Arctic Harbour, but in this case COMMUNICATE it before everyone sells their Observatorys and Atomiums!) (or better: DON'T do this with the harbour because then we will have to wait for MONTHS until we can use those AF guild goods!)
* only Founder and Leader of a guild should be able to trade guild goods
* guild goods should be tradeable ONLY from Arctic future (and any later era to come) to lower eras (even to Iron Age) with the trade ratio calculated by the production costs.
* Trade partner should be a NPC wholesaler. Reason: Many guilds will end up with BOATLOADS of AF goods (which are USELESS as of now), while lower era goods will become more and more seldom, so I guess that there will be not many guilds which are willing to trade e.g. their Tomorrow Era goods away.

Edit: Important question to Inno:
I have heared suggestions in my guild at the home server NOT to proceed to arctic future in order to keep the GBs producing Future Era goods. Technically one would be a player who is not at the end of the tech tree and is not proceeding any further. Is there a risk to be banned when NOT proceeding to AF for the mentioned reason?
Afther Arctic age will comming new theme future era's. For the era afther Arctic future you need the guild
goods for GE lvl 2 and lvl 3.
Before the next theme future, with guild wants to trade the unless guild goods? Guilds wants to trade it maybe
for useful guild goods, but no another way. The problem will not be fixed by trading of guild goods until it has
a function... but maybe if you can trade it by a npc.

By the way, sorry my English is not perfect, but I hope that you understand what I said.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Many guilds have token rings to bring the "guild goods"-GBs up to higher levels, so as for now as a result tenthousands of useless AF goods will accumulate in the treasury with no use.
There will be a use for AF goods in the treasury, though what precisely it will be is not known at this time. Of course we would not want the treasury to fill up with goods which cannot be used in any manner at all. Keep in mind that this is only Part 1 of the Arctic Future so not all of the ideas that are planned are being implemented now. We will likely see/hear something with the upcoming game updates.

Technically one would be a player who is not at the end of the tech tree and is not proceeding any further. Is there a risk to be banned when NOT proceeding to AF for the mentioned reason?
That is not a violation of the Game Rules in any way. Holding back on research happens quite often, whether because one is stuck as they lack the required goods or because they've chosen to work on their Great Buildings first. By itself, it's not an issue.

DeletedUser5097

Where can I post a suggestion for a the developers for a upcoming theme future era?
There will be a use for AF goods in the treasury, though what precisely it will be is not known at this time. Of course we would not want the treasury to fill up with goods which cannot be used in any manner at all. Keep in mind that this is only Part 1 of the Arctic Future so not all of the ideas that are planned are being implemented now. We will likely see/hear something with the upcoming game updates.
I agree it's to early for conclussions. I hope that the next part will comming very soon.

DeletedUser4285

For information, there is a diffrence between the quests asking for the spending of 99 or 200 FPs.
When the reward is goods, the former gives tomorrow goods, while the latter gives arctic goods.
I didnt' check, but I guess it's the same for the two quests with supplies.

Yeah the 200 FPs one gave me transester gas and the 99 FPs quest gave me papercrete. It must be intended which means we gotta do more for a chance of AFE goods.

DeletedUser6220

Yeah the 200 FPs one gave me transester gas and the 99 FPs quest gave me papercrete. It must be intended which means we gotta do more for a chance of AFE goods.

In FE you get FE goods for 99 FP. So this cannot be intended. Why advancing when getting backwards??

OlifaNT

Merchant
@Darkstar
When is the Question. One thing is for sure, I am not going into Arcitc on my main tomorrow. Total waste of Frontenac level and guilt goods of my Arc, Atom and Obs. Pointless units. A failed GE. A pointless all ages map filled with only spearfighters... pointless goods buildings (which I haven't build for years since the recurring missions give all I need) and the ? missions in Arctic give you all the goods to complete the tech. So there is not 1 single reason one can come up with to enter Arctic tomorrow.

DeletedUser5630

Recurring quest rewards are ridiculous. You have to pay much more, and you get almost 2 times less than i future era? Are you kidding me?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4285

yeah quite a bit needs to be done with the first part before they release the 2nd part. I wonder what other 3 units have as bonuses and part 2 is where we can start using the harbor i believe.

podkap1970

Emperor
i think every new week you break the GvG more and more

few weeks ago i already wrote the GvG map is broken, you cant visit it twice or 3rd time, when you went during those tries to your city
now this bug even went on live server

i know you dont play your game, now you dont even read the forum

now the GvG ranking system is bugged, its not a big deal, but how can this happen, when i read your change logs

its a little sad your work sometimes :)

DeletedUser4285

• A few recurring quests have been updated to provide Arctic Future rewards.

I'm not sure I understand that one. What exactly has changed about the recurring quests? I just got TE goods from a recurring quest about gathering 1 million coins so which quests have changed for the better?

DeletedUser

the nonbirthday quests (paying 280k coins & supplies) now gives AF goods
the rest: I don't know

but the more important question:
why it is so difficult to change the rewards :rolleyes:

shouldn't the programmers know what they do and did the last 3 years :oops:

DeletedUser5630

After that you did to this game (arctic future) i can only say that you are hopeless.

DeletedUser1279

Not all, but I hope this help you a little bit:
Just got the gosh-darned funniest quest I have ever seen on FoE. The writer is, without a doubt, BRAIN DEAD, as are those at FoE who edit this stuff before releasing it.
"Finish 30 productions in production buildings from your age or 50 from the previous age." I swear to God, that is the exact wording of the Quest in the Arctic Future. Why is it funny, and why is the author brain-dead you ask? Well, as everyone knows, Arctic Future is released in stages, and only stage 1 is released. THERE ARE NO PRODUCTION BUILDINGS ON THE TECH TREE. So, why not take a nap before releasing this quest, read it again when you are fully awake, and just tell us to finish 50 productions in production buildings from the previous age? That is the only possible way that this quest can be completed.

DeletedUser

you can be happy that they changed that quest

originally it was only
"Finish 30 productions in production buildings from your age"
with no alternative

THERE ARE NO PRODUCTION BUILDINGS ON THE TECH TREE. ... That is the only possible way that this quest can be completed.
but there are some possible ways to do it with 30 productions from your age
1. you make the world map including this quest without advancing to Arctic Future. because it is not related to the tech tree. only to the map
(that is what I did in my main world. finished the map and the complete main quest line but staying in the Future Era. and before someone asks: I had old technologies that I hadn't researched)

and if you are already in the Arctic Future
2. you use a reno kit and upgrade a production building to your age
3. you buy a premium cultural building

DeletedUser2752

The quest is for any player in general as well. It is definitely possible once part 2 is released (and assuming there's a non-premium supply building) that someone would research it before they get to that quest.

*I was one of the people in first category that BetaTest03 mentioned btw, so that is definitely another possibility.

Andi47

Overlord
I have seen it on the live servers yesterday: just proceeded to the new era, and then getting quests to build surrogate assemblys (penultimate tech) and mobile houses (last tech) almost immediately??

DeletedUser5097

Just got the gosh-darned funniest quest I have ever seen on FoE. The writer is, without a doubt, BRAIN DEAD, as are those at FoE who edit this stuff before releasing it.
"Finish 30 productions in production buildings from your age or 50 from the previous age." I swear to God, that is the exact wording of the Quest in the Arctic Future. Why is it funny, and why is the author brain-dead you ask? Well, as everyone knows, Arctic Future is released in stages, and only stage 1 is released. THERE ARE NO PRODUCTION BUILDINGS ON THE TECH TREE. So, why not take a nap before releasing this quest, read it again when you are fully awake, and just tell us to finish 50 productions in production buildings from the previous age? That is the only possible way that this quest can be completed.
I finish the mission by the 50 productions. Just by the 5 minute productions - I has 10 future era production
buildings, but by the 5 minute productions is the fastest way to finish it. It's possible to finish it and later
if the tech tree is complete. Another players will reach the era when arctic is complet or part 2 or 3 is
ready. So it's just for the future and for now the mission is possible with the future productionbuildings,
event buildings and the premmium building.:)
I have seen it on the live servers yesterday: just proceeded to the new era, and then getting quests to build surrogate assemblys (penultimate tech) and mobile houses (last tech) almost immediately??
Yes you get it fast, but in previous eras I has seen similar missions. Just finish the tech. before and and unlocked
the buildings. No problem right? I know you need some time, but it's possible to do it and I agree, the timing is
not good for this missions. Especially the mission for mobile houses.