• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Explore once again in the Archaeology event!

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
For the Harvest Farm set (which seems to be the model for this one) the 1x3's had 3 bonus levels and the 2x3/2x2's had 2 bonus levels. If they did that here with the 3x1's having 3 bonus levels and the others having 2, the road wouldn't be problem.

LIkely this is being done to triple-avoid what they likely consider a mistake with the fall set's wheat field:

Scene: Event Development meeting

What could we do to fix this with a similar set?
- we could nerf the bonuses
- we could make it require road
- we could add a 3rd connection required (though technically the 3rd connection is only for 4 goods, so most people would be willing to skip that one)

Done, done, and done. Ship it!

Finkadel

Marquis
I think we have to do with more than just nerfing. This is second event in a row where prizes are just bad in comparison with previous events. Maybe you think Tenth anniversary buildings wasn't THAT bad - think again, since it supposed to be ANNIVERSARY prizes, stunning and unique...

I think it is upcoming trend - they hit the wall with powerful event buildings. There simply is not enough space to empower them further. No one is even buying diamond buildings from designated era, after few events we all struggle to fit event buildings into city layout, no matter what era, buying diamonds with events or not buying - there are just too many events throught a year, since it is the simplest way to milk cows... So they thought - more events, but worse prizes. That would make old ones more valuable to new players and they are the cows yet to milk... That is also why we don't get wishing wells in events anymore - so we can't advise new players to establish diamond mining farms, so if they want those old prizes - they would have to buy them, not earn by years of careful planning and playing STRATEGY game.

I tell you, we no more have game designers, we got accountants instead.

mcbluefire

Baronet
Unfortunately in order to create diamond spending the figurative next even almost always has to have a more desirable building with more efficient use of space. Sometimes it's not enough of a jump to get folks to want to replace what they have, but other times it's a significant jump and then many players will use up their diamonds getting as many of the building as they can estimating about 20-30K per extra building. With this current trend there is no reason to spend diamonds on an event as the main building is going the wrong way. Only a very few folks are going to spend diamonds to attempt to luck into past buildings that need 10 pieces as there is no way to make a reasonable estimate on the diamond spend there. We'll just be waiting for it to hit AD..

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Unfortunately in order to create diamond spending the figurative next even almost always has to have a more desirable building with more efficient use of space. Sometimes it's not enough of a jump to get folks to want to replace what they have, but other times it's a significant jump and then many players will use up their diamonds getting as many of the building as they can estimating about 20-30K per extra building. With this current trend there is no reason to spend diamonds on an event as the main building is going the wrong way. Only a very few folks are going to spend diamonds to attempt to luck into past buildings that need 10 pieces as there is no way to make a reasonable estimate on the diamond spend there. We'll just be waiting for it to hit AD..

Eh? Antique dealer is too unreliable to wait for things to hit it. You might get a few pieces in advance of a building you'll work on the next time the event comes up and make it easier - but getting 10 pieces? You'd have to be glued to the auctions for a year+ to finish one. I remember how long it took me to finish the Art Exhibition that at the time it came out I was interested in - by the time I finished it I was no longer impressed but built it anyways, because of how much work I put into it :p

And it's only gotten harder since to come up with the thing you actually want. It is slightly more frequent now that something comes up that I can go "well I'll get 1 or 2 of that now, and when the event for it comes in 3 months it'll be easier/safer to complete and I can use the excess currency on something else.

Fenix

Viceroy
"Explore once again in the Archaeology event!", the key words: "once again".
Like last year. It is extremely difficult to get the daily prizes.
7 days left. I can't find books, I can't find gems, I can't get specials.

But I got several portraits....
Just to add: making the shreds more difficult to find was a bad move. It ruined this event in live.

mcbluefire

Baronet
Eh? Antique dealer is too unreliable to wait for things to hit it. You might get a few pieces in advance of a building you'll work on the next time the event comes up and make it easier - but getting 10 pieces? You'd have to be glued to the auctions for a year+ to finish one. I remember how long it took me to finish the Art Exhibition that at the time it came out I was interested in - by the time I finished it I was no longer impressed but built it anyways, because of how much work I put into it :p

And it's only gotten harder since to come up with the thing you actually want. It is slightly more frequent now that something comes up that I can go "well I'll get 1 or 2 of that now, and when the event for it comes in 3 months it'll be easier/safer to complete and I can use the excess currency on something else.

All that is true, but attempting to get 10 pieces of an event building as luck on obtaining a daily prize in this event would cost how many diamonds? I mena, I could be wrong, one might be lucky enough to do it with only 10K spend for the clearing items, or one might spend 30K+ and still not be even close?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
All that is true, but attempting to get 10 pieces of an event building as luck on obtaining a daily prize in this event would cost how many diamonds? I mena, I could be wrong, one might be lucky enough to do it with only 10K spend for the clearing items, or one might spend 30K+ and still not be even close?

Depends on the event. Archaeology/Halloween it'd just be best summed up as "too many" (i think my average estimate would've put it in the 20-30k diamonds territory). Forge Bowl might get 10 for like 6 or 7k on the other extreme. A "normal" event, it's probably about 10-15k diamonds for 10 extra specials.

But usually you do get to get 10+ specials without diamonds from each event as well. Which beats trying to complete something via antique dealer.

indian20

Steward
Is this is a bug or intentionally: I received this morning a total of 5 Butterfly upgrade Kits. Together with the building itself it is one too many as I only need five in total.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Is this is a bug or intentionally: I received this morning a total of 5 Butterfly upgrade Kits. Together with the building itself it is one too many as I only need five in total.
Did you get any selection kits for the gardens as well, or just house upgrades?

Amdira

Baronet
Maybe it's considered (for live servers) that there are also players without surprise box, who either started after beginning of last event or missed the event on some reason.

indian20

Steward
You´ll get 4 Butterfly Upgrade Kits and afterwards Kits for the Garden

So you´ll have the building from the questline, one up-kit from the box and then 4 from the "exploration". After that the exploration will give the garden kits: you´ll get two from the quests and you´ll need another 4 from the exploration.

And there is the mistake in my perspective - instead of requiring 10 kits you´ll need a total of 11 (5+6) of which one goes to waste usually.

indian20

Steward
you are correct, my bad.

But then the exploration changes after 5 Up-Kits. So please do not misunderstand me, not complaining of not getting everything, because so far I got these (the second shows where I am in the expüloration):

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-24 081311.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-03-24 081311.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot 2022-03-24 081342.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-03-24 081342.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 42

Pachom

Farmer
My First impressions in this event:
- great look!
- for me the bonusses offered are good, I totally disagree with all those complaints about the underpowerment of the set.
And: Okay, the critics may be proven right, there might be fewer cities raising it, but perhaps the more interesting to look at.
Thanks to designers!

Considering attacking army attack/defense boosts only, this building set is weak compared to both the Cherry Garden set and the Harvest Farm set. The most efficient basic setup that I could configure is 5x6 with only 8% attack boost (and roads are required on two sides). On the same footprint the Harvest Farm can provide 24%A and 8%D with no roads and the Cherry Garden can provide 20%A on 5x5 with no roads. As it stands now, I won't be building it. :(

almadies

Farmer
Hello
small error in the text when we completed the 18th quest:
when you win the "butterfly sanctuary selection kit" gift, the message indicates that you have completed 15 quests

Finkadel

Marquis
So. I have 4 upgrades from grand prizes and the next grand prize still shows upgrade... We would only get upgrades from grand prizes...? Ridicolous.