• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Explore once again in the Archaeology event!

Ironrooster

Baronet
OK so if I am seeing this right.
6x6 46 goods, 12FP, some coins, some medals, some supplies, 15% coin boost, 10% supply boost, 4%AA.

So disappointing SAJM copy paste reskin, disappointing 10th anni, and now disappointing copy paste reskin nerf harvest farm set.

Are you guys even trying anymore.
My count has it as a 7x6 building - the center main building is 3x4.

The real question is do we have to upgrade the 6 garden buildings when upgrading to a new age. If we do the set is too expensive in upgrade kits to be useful.

Havik79

Baronet
My count has it as a 7x6 building - the center main building is 3x4.

The real question is do we have to upgrade the 6 garden buildings when upgrading to a new age. If we do the set is too expensive in upgrade kits to be useful.

Um yes 7x6 my bad.
Well seeing as this is just a copy paste reskin rotate of the harvest farm, and assuming it is the same, the 2 1x3 are auto upgrades, so you would need, 5 kits to upgrade.

While we are doing math.

Harvest farm 6x7, 20FP, 50 goods, 12AA 8DA, 6DD 12AD, 5% supply, 10 coins.
Butterfly, 7x6 12FP 46 goods, 4% AA.
So 8 less FP, 4 less goods, 8 less AA, 8 less DA 6 less DD 12 less AD 5% more coins and supply, and the harvest was rubbish as it was.

-Alin-

Emperor
Well, I thought the Halloween Event set was underwhelming, but this one it seems to be similar ...

It seems Forge of Empires reached its peak with 10 Years Anniversary, more than this isnt wanted by its designers and being held back by low profits.

Last edited:

indian20

Steward
So finished all rush quests and we have a total of 11 times produce this or that out of 40 Quests (1 with an alternative). Beside that it was collecting goods, coins, supplies, spending FO, building stuff, gaining happiness and fight.

This is really boring and no fun at all. As already suggested, why not making a game out of it and ask the community to suggest other quests and maybe choose like 10 or 20 to have more variety.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Setting aside the fact that the set values are way to low, there is another issue. All the 2x3 buildings require 3 set pieces, which means the "standard" design (the one shown in the loading screen) won't work, you'll miss 1 bonus from one of the 2x3 buildings. To get all bonuses you have to do something quite awkward like the example on the right:
archset2.PNG

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
I also just noticed that the grand prizes give Butterfly House Upgrade Kits. I assume that's a mistake? Because otherwise you can only get 5 selection kits for the Gardens (3 milestones + 2 calendar).

Even if this is something that changes as you pick up more grand prizes, it would be much better if all were Butterfly Sanctuary Selection Kits instead, so the player has more choice in what they want to place.
1648049760516.png

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I also just noticed that the grand prizes give Butterfly House Upgrade Kits. I assume that's a mistake? Because otherwise you can only get 5 selection kits for the Gardens (3 milestones + 2 calendar).

Even if this is something that changes as you pick up more grand prizes, it would be much better if all were Butterfly Sanctuary Selection Kits instead, so the player has more choice in what they want to place.
View attachment 7901

If it's like when the fall set came out there might be explicit fields and explicit butterfly upgrades. So that even if somehow you dreamed up a multi-field setup with these pieces, you don't get too many to work with this year.

Lydia73

Merchant
Setting aside the fact that the set values are way to low, there is another issue. All the 2x3 buildings require 3 set pieces, which means the "standard" design (the one shown in the loading screen) won't work, you'll miss 1 bonus from one of the 2x3 buildings. To get all bonuses you have to do something quite awkward like the example on the right:
View attachment 7900
That would mix up the Streets - the Pic in the announcement shows the Wildflower Meadow in the front (where your S is), this one needs Streets - that would fit with the setup on the left side. If you want all boni and build it the way you showed on the right - you need an extra street - which make the whole set worse.

Looks like they didn't really think their own building design through :p

iPenguinPat

Squire
Going to quote a post from a previous feedback thread:

Forge/inno could easily get a small group of players to vet ideas before wasting valuable development resources on them. Instead, arrogant game designers force-feed players their lousy ideas (while having an extremely restrictive DNSL which basically limits suggestions to UI updates only - preventing any real discussion about good, balanced features and ideas).

Reference: Archology event 2022

A core group of truly top endgame players could help to vet a lot of these ideas as either bad or what could be done to improve them. Instead, inno just re-uses code and mechanics across all their games, and while there's nothing specifically wrong with that, failing to provide a unique experience is a failure.

In many ways, The players of Forge have become hostages of innogames in this sense - We have invested countless hours (and in some cases huge sums of money) into this game and it is a major social ecosystem for many players - to leave this game would be leaving behind a huge part of what players have built accomplished (and having to start over somewhere else.). On one hand, there is a sense of appreciation for making a fun/great game for many years, but on the other hand, there is a feeling a betrayal that things have gone so far off course from where it was when we started.

There used to be great anticipation about new ages, new GBs, new events, etc. Now, all we have to look forward to are copy/paste ages, time consuming monthlong events every 2 weeks, and garbage features that add no excitement, adventure, or challenge to the game.

Player surveys would help. A less restrictive DNSL would help (at least let players discuss why bad ideas are bad rather than killing them before the discussion starts). A Trello board with status updates about what inno is working on would be huge (many other games have this type of thing). At least we could see if inno was even hearing our feedback in a tangible way.

This event is exactly everything from my previous post summed up in a single event.
  • Reuse code/event?
  • Poor event items that are completely out of touch with the current player base?
  • Lack of effort to double-check and make sure everything was well designed?
    • Failed set layout?
  • Could have been prevented by talking to even 1 person with a clue about Forge?
  • Could have been improved via including stuff from DNSL?
  • Complete and total letdown?
Check, Check, and Check all 2x.

A Previous official post from innogames said that they put a ton of time into events, but this event doesn't look like it at all. It looks like they took an old set, gave it new art, and randomly changed a few bonuses as to not look like an exact copy. How much time does that really take? What about taking time to check the balance before making it public? Or checking the set totals to see how it compares with previous/current events? It takes less than 10 minutes to evaluate and see that this prize set is junk and need major buffs to be even remotely close to the current power of recent buildings.

This set is underpowered. The mechanics are the same as last year, so there's not really any extra feedback to give about that. One major piece of feedback is to think about the quality of the prizes and the balance of the currency of the event before releasing it to beta. It's one thing to be off by a little bit. It's another thing to be off by 3 years. "Disappointment." "Failure!"

Newbies will use these because they have nothing better, but this will also be one of the first things to get replaced, unless future prizes are just as bad.

Dessire

Regent
even if they change the snapdragon bloom to bonus 1: X - bonus 2: 3 fps. . . the whole set is useless for me. change ig to bonus 1: 3 fp and uufff it would be perfect to create a set of 18 fps for 27 squares with an efficiency of 1fp every 1.5 squares and without road connection. without that change, this event will be a great NO for me and I will keep my diamonds for the next event, the soccer event ! waiting for 3 fps in one of those 4x1 decorations!

ah! and congratz to artists, as almost always, your work is pretty well done. too bad that your talent is being wasted sometimes :/

Harold Nat

Squire
Baking Sudoku Master
BUG

tablet historian reward picture

that is the dude from last year not aurora

That is just a visual bug. But at the moment, both the Tablet and the Calendar give the same avatar (Aurora) as a prize - I believe they should be different.

Ironrooster

Baronet
For the Harvest Farm set (which seems to be the model for this one) the 1x3's had 3 bonus levels and the 2x3/2x2's had 2 bonus levels. If they did that here with the 3x1's having 3 bonus levels and the others having 2, the road wouldn't be problem.