• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Egyptian Cultural Settlement

Gindi4711

Steward
We already saw Egyptians as "coming soon" when the vikings launched. It seems Inno games decided to launch Japan first.
The big question to me is: Are these old images from an early development phase or are these new images?

If you indeed need to fight these units with your own units I am a bit concerned about balancing. Even with a variable attack boost it will be really hard to balance because units of different ages behave very differently in terms of speed and range. If the Egyptian units are too slow they will get hammered away by VF rocket troops. If they are too fast and ranged you might not be able to catch them with your Iron age units.

It could be possible that you cant produce goods in the Egyptian settlement, but only these units and need to fight to get the goods to unlock new army buildings.

Emberguard

Emperor
If you indeed need to fight these units with your own units I am a bit concerned about balancing
They did say they delayed Egyptians because it's more complicated to balance then Japan

What I'm wondering is will these troops be useable by players? The Japan Dojo can provide barbarian troops and champs. So if Egypt troops scale across every age it wouldn't be entirely out of the question to see these troops accessible to players as well even if it's only from the Dojo output

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Though maybe they will be used in a similar feature to the Merchant where you fight for goods. Then it doesn't really matter too much.

Julian24

Viceroy
But innogames is located in Germany. Here it is 31.10. at 04:08 PM. I don't think it will be released today.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
found some more images:
outpost_decoration_0.png
reward_icon_egyptians_loot.png
outpost_egyptians_difficult_easy.png
outpost_egyptians_difficult_middle.png
outpost_egyptians_difficult_hard.png
egyptians_pottery_0.png
egyptians_pottery_1.png
egyptians_pottery_2.png
outpost_emissaries_egyptians_mentuhotep.png

Mentuhotep

outpost_emissaries_egyptians_maatkare_mutemhat.png

Maatkare Mutemhat

outpost_emissaries_egyptians_hemetre.png

Hemetre

outpost_emissaries_egyptians_euclid_of_alexandria.png

Euclid of Alexandria

Last edited:

qaccy

Emperor
If there's units, there's definitely going to be a military component here. Perhaps the Egyptian settlement produces units instead of goods, and goods are obtained by fighting with these units? I don't see it being possible to balance any sort of combat if we aren't actually using the units ourselves, since there are far too many variables to account for when every unit is available for use. On that note, I don't think GBs should be factored in, either. They don't provide a benefit to the Vikings or Japanese settlement either, after all.