• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Challenges

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser7503

Is this to replace the treasure hunt feature? Not sure why you can't leave that feature installed.

PS the new quest graphics/format still really sucks and looks incredibly childish.

DeletedUser5097

Is this to replace the treasure hunt feature? Not sure why you can't leave that feature installed.

PS the new quest graphics/format still really sucks and looks incredibly childish.
Yes, this for unknown time during event is the replace of the treasure hunt, but also search
easter eggs that may are or may not hidden arround your city is a part that replace it. Have
fun with doing hard quests and never ending eastern eve, eh incidents.:)

Today's challange:
36x 4h productions
Spending 38 fp's in a GB

Well this will become intressting, but lucky me I was prepared with production buildings.
Just needed 2 extra black smith to complete this for today. So everything twice today on
the 4h production...
How many production buildings do you have guys? To complete things like this?xd

DeletedUser8341

I'd also like formal confirmation on whether not even selecting a chest, and thereby not starting a Challenge, counts as failure for the 7 day Challenge? I believe that it should NOT count as failure. Almost everyone that plays FoE has a RL, and the players should not be penalised for not starting a Challenge on a particular day. Thereby, they could still win the 7 day Challenge chest but it may take them 8-9 days (or longer) as long as they did not actually fail a selected Challenge during that period. This would not disadvantage the hard core players who aim to constantly complete the 7 day Challenge in 7 days as they would be receiving the chests more often than the others.
I particularly like this suggestion. Rather than suceed 7 days in a row, do not fail those you attempt, for 7 times in a row.

Actually that should be what is currently happening, since the text says
"Solve 7 daily challenges without losing in between."

DeletedUser7239

what i have to say about this event.
good idea, poor returns made close to 8 dailys , got only crap, so, whats more to say? :D

DeletedUser8341

Well, I have completed 6 days of consecutive challenges and today is No 7. What a suprise, I can only complete it if I spend 100 diamonds. The task is to activate 2 tavern boosts. Usually not a problem, except I activated the 3 day city shield only last night to facilitate a rebuild of my city. Ergo, I now have to pay to be able to activate any further boosts. Am I being too cynical if I suggest such things are calculated and deliberate? I can live with it here on Beta but in my main worlds I would be furious.
Answer: yes, I think you are being too cynical. The programming alone for such cheating on Inno's part would not be worthwhile. I completed all 7 of the first Daily Challenges without spending Diamonds. It is just tough luck you got that one.

Sonce these challenges seem to be custom-created for each individual (presumably just on a random pick-from-a-list basis) it should be feasible to check if a player already has a tavern boost (lasting more than another hour or two) and not give a task requiring a tavern boost.

DeletedUser8408

The goal is to polish the feature to the level where it will never give you any kind of 'impossible job' to do.

so one of my quests for the day is to solve one encounter on the GE on the first try...seriously?? There is no skill in this...just pure luck, and even with just three items at the beginning of a round not much of an opportunity to completely on the very first try...and no, that's not the first attempt, it's really the first try...i completed several within the appropriate number of turns and no luck....this is one challenge that i think you need to review with your filters to make sure there aren't any that are impossible.

DeletedUser8341

How many production buildings do you have guys? To complete things like this?xd
I was just thinking about this earlier.

On one world, my supplies started running down so I currently have a few tanneries, a bunch of shoemakers, a column of alchemists, and some other buildings like a cider press. Doing multiple productions is a doddle.

On another world, I am down to one farm, one alchemist and two specials. Next time my supplies GB levels, I intend removiing the farm and alchemist...!

DeletedUser5097

so one of my quests for the day is to solve one encounter on the GE on the first try...seriously?? There is no skill in this...just pure luck, and even with just three items at the beginning of a round not much of an opportunity to completely on the very first try...and no, that's not the first attempt, it's really the first try...i completed several within the appropriate number of turns and no luck....this is one challenge that i think you need to review with your filters to make sure there aren't any that are impossible.
Agreed, or at least test some of the challanges on the Alpha server (if it does exist).
I was just thinking anout this earlier.

On one world, my supplies started running down so I currently have a few tanneries, a bunch of shoemakers, a column of alchemists, and some other buildings like a cider press. Doing multiple productions is a doddle.

On another world, I am down to one farm, one alchemist and two specials. Next time my supplies GB levels, I intend removiing the farm and alchemist...!
Then if you encounter this challange, I'm afraid that it will become near impossible for you to complete it.:(

DeletedUser8341

Then if you encounter this challange, I'm afraid that it will become near impossible for you to complete it.:(
Let's be honest, though: that is my choice. I am making the strategic decision to 'put my eggs in one basket' and gaining the advantages (lots of city space). If I don't keep some of that space available for building hunters/blacksmiths as needed, that too is my strategic decision.

RedRed

Viceroy
I had "Solve FOUR encounters in GE by negotiating without losing in between" today! Easy enough as, like many others, I'm now sitting in level 1 of GE (to the detriment of the guild) in case a GE Challenge quest comes up.
Unfortunately, as has been reported earlier, these GE Challenge quests are going to kill GE on the live servers unless restricted to Tue/Wed Challenges.
IMHO the effect will be the opposite, these quests will kill this new feature in a short time rather than killing the GE, since GE is an important milestone for many guilds, and gives you better chances to win something useful without penalizations for not having enough time one day or because that day your friends weren't active enough; moreover some players doesn't like to negotiate. If I have to choose, I'll choose for my guild, and as guild leader a justification referencing daily challenges for a low GE participation won't be accepted.

In today's (August 23rd) Daily Challenge, one of the challenges reads "Complete 2 encounters in the Guild"....that's it, an incomplete line on the Daily Challenge. I assumed it meant "Complete 2 encounters in the Guild Expedition", however, I did complete 2 encounters in the Guild Expedition and nothing shows up as completed on the Daily Challenge.

So, two issues, first, I have noticed a number of the Daily Challenges this week have had incomplete statements on the nature of the challenges. Secondly, do you happen to know what that particular Daily Challenge today should be for? Hope you are able to help, as I have completed all the other Daily Challenges this week, and this is the last one to complete the 7 day cycle

So, I was able to figure out, by trial and error, that todays' Daily Challenge should have read something like "Complete 2 encounters in GE by...winning battles". So, solved that. The issue I am left with is incomplete statements in Daily Challenges that make me guess as to what the challenge is. Is this just me? Or is it an issue for the Beta?

Another question...finished the Daily Challenges...and saw no apparent reward from the chest for completing the 7 day cycle. What was the reward supposed to be?

Irella

Merchant
Translation from French into English:

Hello

Here is my opinion on this potential novelty.

- Waste of time
- Quest sometimes not achievable (there are limits, you do not have them)
- Gain for 1 day, too low compared to investment
- Content of the 2 daily chests, uninteresting at 90%

If you put that in all the worlds, you will go straight into the wall, because players will not spend 8 hours a day on your game, especially those playing in several worlds.

This is of course my personal opinion :)

-----------------------------------------------------
Texte de base en français :

Bonjour

Voici mon avis sur cet potentiel nouveauté.

- Perte de temps
- Quête parfois non réalisable (il y a des limites, vous ne les avez pas)
- Gain pour 1 journée, trop faible par rapport à l’investissement
- Contenu des 2 coffres journaliers, inintéressants à 90 %

Si vous mettez cela dans tous les mondes, vous irez droit dans le mur, car les joueurs ne vont pas passer 8h par jour sur votre jeu, surtout ceux qui jouent dans plusieurs monde.

Ceci reste bien-sûr mon avis personnel :)

HannahMecoe

Merchant
I like the concept of daily challenges, but I too am tearing my hair out at some of the quests. I suck at fighting and hadn't built up much of a Friends base until now (frantically learning to fight, building up a Zeus, and grabbing around for friends....)

How about a much lower chance of winning the top prize in each Daily Challenge in exchange for quests that are reasonably do-able?

DeletedUser8381

Well on day 6 of 7, I got the visit 20 taverns. I only have 22 beta friends. I've been on here 6 weeks and have been trying to get friends, but I have a bunch of people not responding to friends requests and at least 3 friends who have never emptied their tavern since we became friends. Despite being on here multiple times a day, I can't seem to fix this problem. There's no way I can complete this, so I'm not bothering with the rest of the challenges. Also, it's for medals. :rolleyes: And the last challenge I had to scroll to see because there's so many today. Conquer a sector on a day with assured failure? Nope. Saving that bullet.

Since fighting through the past few days and only getting 10 fp for all the work, I think I'll skip it for a bit. Having to do this in browser which is slooooooooowwwwwwwwwww just caps it. I think I'll return to working on the fall event (coincidentally, I'm also stalled on the 10 taverns visits there also) and not make testing daily challenges a priority. I was initially excited about being able to win set pieces, but that's fading fast.

Malvinka is in my friends list, and she skated in yesterday by the skin of her teeth! Poor thing sent a bunch of group message s yesterday to try to get people to participate in taverns. She's one of the 4 friends I have on whom I know I can rely, and 3 of those came from saying I couldn't find friends on this forum, and those I've gotten in the last week.

Ps: anyone on here who wants to shoot Vesta the Violet (search for Violet, thank you Robinhood70 for The tip!) a friend request, I'll accept. If you're out of requests, shoot me a message, because I have a couple left.

DeletedUser

You have some problems, solve them first, then discuss, seriously o_O
why ?
currently 1/64

would mean 63 GE encounters to do

if I do the condition as it is it will need only 32 attempts (expected value)

so only have attempts needed :D

DeletedUser8404

I'd like to partially retract my earlier statement about Defeat X Units challenges (in my case, 30 units). Having just gotten one, I'm realizing the difficulties associated with it, and many of them are the same difficulties as with the other combat-oriented quests. Yes, I can theoretically hope to do it with a lot of luck, but as a non-combat player, it's highly unlikely, and it's not something I'm willing to spend my day doing.

I mean, think about it, there are plenty of players out there who have minimal to no standing army apart from a few units for city defence (most or all of which are probably unattached units). So, to defeat 30 units, they could well stand to lose their entire army and still not succeed, or they have to spend their day constructing military buildings in space that's probably already allocated to other things, spend more time recruiting units (by which point, the day is probably half over, or more), then go find things they can actually kill. In a quick perusal of my options today, that turned out to be a lot more difficult than I'd imagined, since most players who do get into combat have bonuses to their combat from various GBs and I don't. My Continent Map is mostly already taken by negotiating, or unscouted so I can save scouting for the event quests that require it, so little help there. Even if there were available combats, losses would outstrip my ability to create new units, or at the last, would mean I'd be spending my entire day doing it. I might manage something with GE, but honestly, I've stopped caring whether I actually could do this quest long ago. Combat is simply not something that interests me. So, at this point, any combat-related quest is an instant "won't/can't do" for that challenge.

I fully acknowledge that this is a play-style choice on my part, and I'm quite willing to the lumps that come with my choice. I just want to be sure that Inno realizes that there are a large swath of players out there just like me who simply won't find combat quests doable, or at least, not worth the effort. As long as there are periods where it's possible to go 7 days without any combat quests occurring, I'm fine with the limitations of the play-style I've chosen. If there are no such periods, this new "feature" will likely go largely ignored as undesirable.