• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Challenges

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8404

Today's quest for me was "Win 3 battles without losing in between". Leaving aside that I have virtually no standing army, and can probably only win battles against people who have no city defence, the question arises: just how am I supposed to win 3 battles at all? Like a good, co-operative player, I just polivated everyone, my Continental Map has nothing of use at this point, and my GE is about as far as I can take it...even if I win one battle, I certainly wouldn't win 3.

Yes, polivating everyone without considering battle was a mistake, but PvP is very chancy for battle, since you're much more likely to come up against people who are your strength or better. Battles against those where you've got a decent chance to win three in a row are extremely hard to come by, in my experience (well, unless you happen to be at the beginning of GE or the beginning of Bronze Age).

This might have been better as a win-or-polivate quest, or something along those lines.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7473

at least players can do it if they decide to do it

visiting 20 taverns with only a few more friends is impossible
I tried. add over 20 more people to the list
but all taverns said: come back in 24 hours

other need to visit 60 and fail ?

so how high will it if you have 100 friends (so many I have on live server)? visit 80 taverns ?

near impossible ?

negotiate 4 GE in a row without failing in level 4 is an easy one compared to the taverns (simply use diamonds).
but visiting almost 90% of the taverns of your friends is impossible (no way to buy out with diamonds)

sure:
or else you can post a bug report
(but you have really problems: concerning about quests you didn't even get yet)

but is it a bug if it impossible to visit 20 taverns ?

Getting a quest you cannot solve like it would be to get a quest for doing GE stations on Monday is not a bug.
The quest works as it is programmed and intended to do.
It is just that in such a case Inno would have not programmed the conditions choosing which task appears very thoughtfully.

But why do you call visiting 20 taverns in a day impossible?
I have visited 60 taverns today.

That quest is easily doable.
You just need enough "friends".
I have 121 players in my friendlist on the beta server.
So finding the taverns of half of them with an open seat is not a problem.

You just must not visit the taverns first and then activate the daily challenge but the other way around to make sure you are not on cooldown in those taverns for the rest of the day.
If you do not keep enough friends to fulfill the quest then that is not a problem with the quest.

DeletedUser7147

For me it is strange tas,ask me to have 200 population ( completed) and to complete 5 other quests.i have try to do lot of quests but nothing hapens i dont know what else quezt to try

DeletedUser8362

Sorry, I don't play on the beta, just pop over to see what is planned... Can I ask are you guys/gals generally enjoying this new feature?... it looks like it is devised for those who play for many hours every day and some of the posted quests look highly tedious... personally speaking, I don't mind doing, for example, 30x 15 mins productions once in a blue moon to win a unique building from a mini quest, but the idea of doing it daily doesn't hold much appeal... most of my productions are set to 24h for a reason... and the inclusion of research, province quests mean the 7 day challenge is going to be virtually always off the cards... so I was just curious how many players are enjoying this feature and the rewards that come with and how many aren't ?

bigharris

Farmer
so server time is uk 8am good job this mission came on a sunday finnish 22 8 hour productions if it would of been on the tuesday i go to work at 7 am so i would of missed the 8am start get back at 6pm shower tea sit down at computer at 7 pm saw daily challenge for first time 22 8 hour productions hmm got to bed at 10 to be up and out for 7 first lot of productions wont finnish till 3am ime in nod nod land so please give the working bloke a chance

DeletedUser7043

3th.
Collect 300 Goods and defeat 30 Units
for 5 units 20% chance for each type.

DeletedUser

But why do you call visiting 20 taverns in a day impossible?
I have visited 60 taverns today.

That quest is easily doable.
You just need enough "friends".
I have 121 players in my friendlist on the beta server.
lol. only 60? that are less then 50%

so read carefully next time
if I need to visit 20 taverns that would be like you visiting 105 !!!! taverns

because I needed to visit about 90%

and if read more carefully you would also have recognized that all NEW friends had a: come back in 24 hours

so would you be successful with the same difficulty of the quest (90% of taverns of your friends) ?

and don't say:
number of friends aren't considered when getting the condition

that is definitely wrong
or else I would also had to visit 60 taverns

and era can't be the factor. I am in the last one

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8425

In the event quests, there are always alternatives to fighting or plundering. I'm not a fighter - I have no military buildings or attack bonuses. More to the point, I don't enjoy that aspect of the game at all, and I appreciate the fact that other ways of playing are supported. If fighting becomes a requirement, or not fighting puts me at a serious disadvantage, then I would stop playing FoE and go find something else to do.

I've been on vacation since this feature was introduced, so I haven't been checking the challenges every day, but the ones I have seen have required fighting. It's disappointing.

DeletedUser8373

Sorry, I don't play on the beta, just pop over to see what is planned... Can I ask are you guys/gals generally enjoying this new feature?
I quite enjoy it. I was already a bit bored with the game, especially that on my server everything's set up so it goes smoothly while here on beta I quite struggle with the beginnings. These quests give me something to do ;) I don't know if I will do them daily for a long time but these are not compulsory, aren't they? :D

DeletedUser8055

Please please Inno change the start time to midnight. It's totally unfair on all those of us who leave the house before 8am, by the time we return from work and get to sit down, there's only a few hours left and lots of the tasks are impossible then. Please start it at midnight which is the start of the next calendar day which makes far more sense.

DeletedUser8373

Inno please fix the bug of the guys with 120 friends
they must have to visit 100 taverns to understand the problem :rolleyes:
I don't get it... it's not the "bug" we've got 120 friends. That's the game. It's only your poor playing that you have much less. Visiting 20-40 taverns during 24 hours is easy. Very easy. If you struggle maybe you should consider more focus on that part as you obviously not use it efficiently. For me there are two factors: lenght of the list and activity of the players on it. Good guild may help with both ;)

DeletedUser8373

Please please Inno change the start time to midnight. It's totally unfair on all those of us who leave the house before 8am, by the time we return from work and get to sit down, there's only a few hours left and lots of the tasks are impossible then. Please start it at midnight which is the start of the next calendar day which makes far more sense.

I agree. I mean i am not sure if midnight is best (as you miss a lot of time at night), but definitely 8 am is terrible. It's very common to start work before 8am and many players visit foe before work and just after. Maybe 6am?

DeletedUser

I don't get it... it's not the "bug" we've got 120 friends. That's the game. It's only your poor playing that you have much less. Visiting 20-40 taverns during 24 hours is easy. Very easy. If you struggle maybe you should consider more focus on that part as you obviously not use it efficiently. For me there are two factors: lenght of the list and activity of the players on it. Good guild may help with both ;)
if the number to visit doesn't depend on the number of friends we have it is a bug to visit 20 taverns. I must get the quest to visit 60 taverns like you

and if the numbers count all should get the same percentage (or at least near rounded to good looking numbers)

do you get it now ?

(and age can't be a factor. you can't be more advanced than me)

Visiting 20-40 taverns during 24 hours is easy.
prove it
when you have 23 friends when you get the quest

:rolleyes:

can we have win 40 fights please
that are only half of our neighbors. much more fair than 90% tavern visits :D

DeletedUser8373

if the number to visit doesn't depend on the number of friends we have it is a bug to visit 20 taverns. I must get the quest to visit 60 taverns like you
No,it's not. Because you cannot have infinite number of friends. You may have exactly as many friends as I have and it's only your choice not to have them.
when you have 23 friends when you get the quest
Well... it's like telling mi, that collecting 5000 supplies for IA is impossible when you have 4 blacksmiths only. It is, indeed. But it's not a bug to require these 5000 supplies, it's your poor playing to have blacksmiths only. Other words: you can send up to 60 invitations. And receive 60 more as far as I am aware. It's only your choice you have only 23 players on your list.

So one more time: do not moan that the game requires you to play. Just think about how you can solve it for next time.

DeletedUser

Well... it's like telling mi, that collecting 5000 supplies for IA is impossible when you have 4 blacksmiths only. It is, indeed.
no it is not

build and sell enough buildings and you have your 5000 supplies :p

or attack neighbors and plunder it
or attack map sectors that give supplies

But it's not a bug to require these 5000 supplies, it's your poor playing to have blacksmiths only.
I can do that condition without any supply building every hour. twice at midnight :cool:

No,it's not. Because you cannot have infinite number of friends. You may have exactly as many friends as I have and it's only your choice not to have them.
it is

because
a) it depends on the number of friends we have: your 50% is extremely unfair to my 90%
b) it doesn't: then it must be a bug that the numbers are different

so how is the number of taverns decided ?

and it is not about what I can have.
it is about what I have

It's only your choice you have only 23 players on your list.
but still it is a bug

I want
a) the same percentage than you
or
b) the same number than you

DeletedUser8373

I did't run out of arguments. I just decided not to argue anymore as we are not able to convince each other. I cannot see the point of that discussion anymore. Especially when someone uses such words towards me. I am kind to you and I require the same. Have fun playing.

DeletedUser

For me yesterday it was "Visit 60 taverns" with 70 friends on my list. I only accomplished 34... so thank you, that is the end of "daily impossibilities" for me... :(

And how do you imagine to accomplish that quest with 80 friends, which is limit to send invitations? Do I have to spam global chat "add me, add me, add me"? Get that stupid and nonsense limit away :/