• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Challenges

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser5097

I propose:
-Change starting time from 8:00 to 0:00 server time.
-Dont give unpossible challenges. It could be challenge, but not pre-death mission.
For example, ask from player with 40 frends to visit 60 taverns. (especialy with 24hours waiting until you can visit sometimes tavern)
-Change % in challengers chest. Quest are hard enough and compleat it 7 days in round is hard tryal. But why even try, if only 2 from 6 reward are wulnerable for me, and those 2 have only 7% chance? So i proposal rebalancing this chast to 20% chance to each reward.
Strongly agree, 30 fp's are not bad, but for all the trouble we have to do... and then 40% chance on it is simply insane. Look
if you wanted to give us fp's with a high chance rate, then at least 150/200 fp's, like a great relic, not just 30 fp's that isn't
rewarding, since I got today the choice for 100% 30 fp's for a normal challange, why would I do 7 for the same if I only
want the buildings. I strongly agree that 20% for all 5 grand prizes are a better ballance, but I also highly recommend
to make the amount fp's in the grand prize of challanges higer, so it's at least a bit rewarding. 150/200 fp's, like a good
relic is still rewarding, even while it does mean that we didn't get our wished building for all the trouble we encounterd
by 7 challanges.

I believe that Zarok already is talking about the problems arround impossible missions, like the insane
tavern visiting missions...
I will be discussing with the higher ups that some of these requirements are a bit unrealistic, and at the extremes near impossible for most players.

DeletedUser7059

Little diferent feedback: "Nameless" picture strongly remember me "Leliana" From differeng game serie (I dont know i can write name of game?)
Easter egg, copiing contest, or only my halucination? :rolleyes:

DeletedUser7942

I think these are all actually easily doable, if that is you don't do anything else and plan you entire gameplay only around the daily;)

DeletedUser8277

I don't want to encourage this horrible monstrosity feature, but cant you do some of the pay X coin/supply quests over and over? At worst you're out 6M supplies/5M coin in OF. In an early era you could have the collect X coin/supply quests up and then build/delete a few big cultural buildings. Or maybe just wait until your daily collections and knock it out.
This would only be the case if you are up to the point in your era where you have Recurring Quests. For anyone who isn't, complete X quests means they most likely need to abort all side missions to get to the RQs so they can complete some rapidly.

Anyone getting this quest at the beginning/middle of an era needs to choose between side missions, which can take a bit more than RQs but are one time only, and losing out on this. Essentially giving yet another reason to abort all side missions because they are lumped in with RQs.

DeletedUser5383

Todays challenge has 'Win ten battles' do you not think this is a mistake having this quest on a Sunday when a good number of players have finished GE, or can't go any further due to lack of att/def. Those that don't do GvG, or could be in the middle of a 2 day scout for a new province, and even if you have a province available that it only has 5/6 sectors, which could mean also a 2 day+ scout for a new one?

podkap1970

Emperor
Todays challenge has 'Win ten battles' do you not think this is a mistake having this quest on a Sunday when a good number of players have finished GE, or can't go any further due to lack of att/def. Those that don't do GvG, or could be in the middle of a 2 day scout for a new province, and even if you have a province available that it only has 5/6 sectors, which could mean a 2 day+ scout for a new one?
well go onto the GvG map and do some fights there ? if you want i can place an easy siege somwhere, and you kill it :)

DeletedUser8381

I agree - even (what I have seen earlier in this thread) completing 3 quests is often quite hard within 24h!!!

Actually, 5 quests is really easy. Just pay the jester 5 times and you're done with that one in 5 minutes. Possibly boring, of course, but there is an option around that quest hurdle.

"Quests" includes recurring quests, story quests, and event quests as well. If there is an event going on, you can just piggyback on your event quests, too. Even in a balanced city not focused on questing should have 5 recurring quests achievable in any given day, just based on what the recurring quests offer as options.

DeletedUser5383

well go onto the GvG map and do some fights there ? if you want i can place an easy siege somwhere, and you kill it :)

Thanks for the offer, but will not really help the vast majority of players that my original question covered, and should not have to include other players in finishing your quests, other than giving and collecting apples.

DeletedUser8381

Todays challenge has 'Win ten battles' do you not think this is a mistake having this quest on a Sunday when a good number of players have finished GE, or can't go any further due to lack of att/def. Those that don't do GvG, or could be in the middle of a 2 day scout for a new province, and even if you have a province available that it only has 5/6 sectors, which could mean also a 2 day+ scout for a new one?
Fight, but don't plunder your neighbors. You probably have that many neighbors with only 2 spears as defense. ;)

DeletedUser7959

Lol... How do the players can make any actions on the continent map if scouting takes ~1-3 days and you have only 24h to do this quests? Also, there are others events that want this too, and you can't know about the future quests (if not beta server)...
I don't know what do you mean talking about a "challenge", but this stuff is disposable for me.

DeletedUser6484

Lol... How do the players can make any actions on the continent map if scouting takes ~1-3 days and you have only 24h to do this quests? Also, there are others events that want this too, and you can't know about the future quests (if not beta server)...
I don't know what do you mean talking about a "challenge", but this stuff is disposable for me.

You pay diamonds to complete the scouting of course.

I also received a task on today's daily challenge that will potentially require paying diamonds: "activate 2 boosts in tavern." I already have a boost activated from yesterday. It will not expire until about 1.5 hours prior to the the deadline for today's daily challenge. That point in time is the middle of the night for me. I probably won't be awake. The best way for me to complete this task is to pay diamonds to cancel the previous boost so I can activate new boosts again. I have an option but I'm sure somebody will probably be in this situation where they don't have the 1.5 hrs that I have and will be forced to pay just like you are forced to pay to scout the province.

If you weren't already clear about why daily challenges were rolled out, these scenarios should make it clearer for you.

I can pay diamonds on the beta server because Inno gives us the diamonds to test. On live server, I personally won't pay for diamonds to complete these daily challenges simply for an opportunity to gamble for a prize. I get enough of that on the special events.

DeletedUser5097

You pay diamonds to complete the scouting of course.

I also received a task on today's daily challenge that will potentially require paying diamonds: "activate 2 boosts in tavern." I already have a boost activated from yesterday. It will not expire until about 1.5 hours prior to the the deadline for today's daily challenge. That point in time is the middle of the night for me. I probably won't be awake. The best way for me to complete this task is to pay diamonds to cancel the previous boost so I can activate new boosts again. I have an option but I'm sure somebody will probably be in this situation where they don't have the 1.5 hrs that I have and will be forced to pay just like you are forced to pay to scout the province.

If you weren't already clear about why daily challenges were rolled out, these scenarios should make it clearer for you.

I can pay diamonds on the beta server because Inno gives us the diamonds to test. On live server, I personally won't pay for diamonds to complete these daily challenges simply for an opportunity to gamble for a prize. I get enough of that on the special events.
I got one that required 3 boosts from tavern and completed with 0 diamonds, just ussing the
faster boosts.
Scouting a province with no altarnative, seems to be a bit impossible in higher ages. Where the most provinces
takes more then 1 day to scout. The tavern can cost diamonds, if the player does have already a boost activated.

I just find a great altarnative on the problems caused by GE missions. In one of the Fall event missions, the mission
asked to scout a province, or to have at least GE lvl 1 completed. I did so that part was done. I think this might be
the sollution for GE missions like ''Solve X encounters'', if your guild did not unlock lvl 2 or you already completed
all levels. So I would suggest to change it in ''Solve X encounters, OR have GE lvl 1 completed.'' but this works only
if GE is active and in the days where GE isn't possible, it would be impossible to complete this kind of tasks in
general.

DeletedUser8134

I'm sure this has been mentioned but just in case. The research Tech/Scout Province/Acquire Sectors/Conquer Provinces shouldn't be in the daily quest without alternatives if you want people to play the daily challenges. Those are too valuable of events to waste on mediocre daily/weekly prizes.

Also, I would avoid things that can only happen every 24 hours like visit taverns or aiding friends. If you really want to play these challenges, you basically will stop doing those things in case the next challenge is one of those events.

As far as scale goes, I'm playing Beta in the Iron Age, some of the things seem a bit high like visit 40 taverns. Most Iron Age players will be new and they may not even have 40 friends yet. Spend 1500 Tavern Silver is a lot of silver for the Iron Age.

Case in point on the Visit 40 Taverns from a Balancing perspective. Yesterday's daily challenge involved visiting 40 taverns, today's is now 60 taverns. That's going to be quite challenging to do since I have to wait 24 hours for at least 40 of my friends. Also, the next quest for the Fall Event was visit 10 taverns, normally an easy quest but since I've been visiting lots of taverns in the last 24 hours, it's taking me way longer to complete than it should. The end result will be people will stop playing daily challenges during events.

Still work to be done on the balancing.

DeletedUser8373

Do you have any idea when it is planned to go live with daily challenges?