• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Mughal Empire

rebel129

Farmer
I feel like the game became just hunt to get as much % for Attack/Defence for attacking army as you can. I think this building is really good for early/mid game and not every single new building has to have Attacking army bonus guys. Also power creep is a problem when nobody will be satisfied anymore with a new building that is comparable/worse than some other building released in the past. I'm actually glad that they are releasing solid new buildings that are helpful in early stages of the game that helps you to get to later stages somehow more easily. If they'll start to release new buildings that are always just a bit stronger than some previous building, in a few years we would have 1x1 buildings that would give 100%Attack/100%Defence and only the best players would have them...

But I wanted to say something else. I'm curious about how this settlement will play out and how interesting it will be to complete it a few times. The only thing I'm scared is that there's not any goods help after 6th quest and hopefully it won't be frustrating like vikings after a while but we will see. With every new settlement I'm hoping it will be something really unique and different from the other settlements but so far it's more or less the same where after a while even when I'm mixing which settlement I'm playing I feel frustrated and I have to take a break from them every once in a while. I would really love to see a new settlement that has different approach to technologies or goods or both of them for that settlement to feel somehow different and refreshing from other settlements.

P.S.: I'm not a native english speaker so there might be some mistakes.

Edit: Maybe 30FP is a bit too much but you can have only one of them and you have to play it for months to get it so whatever. At least it's really worth the effort.

Last edited:

Dan 77

Squire
In the announcement is missing an information about the type ot Mysterious shard provided here, in the new settlement.

(But among many shards I haven't got a single one to these days ;) )

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
I kind of like it. It seems well balanced. The art is nice, I like how there will be new mechanics for building your settlement as well.

Also, this is going to be a long one. With the crazy numbers of impediment removals, many expansions, etc, this will probably take a while.

Because giving something new and giving another dimension to power creep isn't entirely a good thing - it creates a wider gap between enfranchised players and new starts. Also many of the things you mention would not be universally considered good ideas.

New units they haven't done in a while because they're too much work to make them useful to everyone but not overly distorting. i.e:
- Rogues were distorting and ultimately not a healthy addition. And now they can't take them away or even nerf them too hard or it leads to serious backlash.
- Champions were added in a balanced way but add new work to every new age they create - which has led them to being of varying use. For a good while they seemed determined to make them so bad they just didn't have to worry about them.
- Drummers and Color Guards were added in a safe way. And notably they're not used beyond the first few ages for more than fodder sieges in GvG.

AO crit they've shown regret over as is (not letting it into Arena) - seems unlikely they'll add new sources of it.

A defensive avoidance stat while it would be of interest to me, is indeed another dimension of power creep.

GBG does not need more power creep by letting people lower their attrition :p

An extra turn in one negotiation would be way too underwhelming.
Don't get into any government position Mr Dooms and Glooms. :p Sometimes new things are FUN and EXCITE.

1BFA

Viceroy
Maybe make it give more previous age goods :)...so that at least it is little bit interesting...dont get me wrong 30 fps is nice..but just fps :(

Amdira

Baronet
Looking forward to it. I know many or even most of "experienced" players are preferring the battles and have been kinda shaming peaceful players and traders over and over. I set up my main world for attack, but in my little second world I started some months ago I enjoy to conentrate on the "peaceful" side of the game, building a more balanced city with concentration on goods and trading. So I appreciate the decision to offer a building with FPs and goods - maybe 30 goods would be nice to make it more attractive for traders and beginners.

vidicecilia

Baronet
Looking forward to it. I know many or even most of "experienced" players are preferring the battles and have been kinda shaming peaceful players and traders over and over. I set up my main world for attack, but in my little second world I started some months ago I enjoy to conentrate on the "peaceful" side of the game, building a more balanced city with concentration on goods and trading. So I appreciate the decision to offer a building with FPs and goods - maybe 30 goods would be nice to make it more attractive for traders and beginners.

Some time ago, the cities were balanced so that everything could be done at the same time, fight, produce, trade and maintain the beauty of the place. Now we have fallen into hell, and we pass through cities covered with the same thing on all their surfaces. I understand the reasons but I wonder if the need to defeat everything and everyone can replace the beautiful view of a city where there are multiple tasks to perform.

Have many successes in your projects and good FoE ;)

-Alin-

Emperor
10 years after the ark and the game isn't destroy. ;)

I'll try this settlement, good that there's no age requirement.

The Arc was introduced in beta when FE came first in oct 2015 and november for live servers, the game before didnt have too many possibilities to gain forge points, Arc changed the game entirely.
But, „Good ol' Arc Warps everything it touches”, it didnt destroyed yet anything, and there is a reason behind why is capped to a maximum of 100% on level 180.

Owl II

Emperor
The settlement has not yet been activated, and all living worlds are already feverish from it. It's scary;)

In fact, this is the first settlement that I would be interested in going through because of the mechanics. Not because i want to get a building. Don't think I'm ready to play this for six months. But it will be interesting to pass once or twice. Here, on beta, of course. Not in the live world.