• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Feudal Japan

Borowski

Squire
There are 4 Emissaries in total available in the Feudal Japan Settlement, which all give different bonuses.
There are:
  • Nobunaga.png
    Oda Nobunaga (1 Forge Point)
  • Oichi.png
    Oda Oichi (1 Forge Point)

--> Little mistake I guess ;-))

Mr.Quib

Squire
How are you moving a building to an occupied spot? What building are you moving / what is occupying it? If you could grab a screenshot that might explain it even better. :)

I'm trying to switch position between the embassy and the two huts left of it.

Starting position:
Move buildings 01.png

Moved one hut and the embassy, the second hut is highlighted in green (so everything looks fine)
Move buildings 02.png

Place building, highlight disappears, but building isn't placed
Move buildings 03.png

Highlight in blue like there is another building beneath, but you should be able to place it
Move buildings 04.png

Highlight back to green
Move buildings 05.png

Reset after third try. May also result in an error message and forced refresh.
Move buildings 06.png

Funny thing: I just discoverd that when you refresh right after 'Place building, highlight disappears, but building isn't placed' it's placed corretly after the refresh.

Edit: and then it all goes wrong again: hut connected by road isn't actually connected and when picking up and replacing the embassy on the same spot it results in the error message and forced refresh.

Achaeus

Marquis
Can you play either the Viking or Japanese Settlements when you start a new settlement? I need one more level on my Yeggy Tree, which would be my next settlement and do not want to start a Japanese Settlement if I cannot return and do another Viking.

DeletedUser8822

When I try to move my embassy to another place, it automatically resets to it's old position. However, after leaving and rejoining the settlement the embassy does appear in it's new position.

Last edited by a moderator:

In.My.ConTroL

Inhouse Community Manager
OMG does this mean I will have to learn to negotiate? Surely I can batter the door down and fight him for the goodies?
Yours a fighter

Unfortunately you cannot, a merchant wouldn't stand a chance against your troops :D

Do I understand correctly, about the x13 or so that by using the merchant I can multiply the harvest of soybeans and other goods by the factor given in the merchant window?

They are not multiplied JosefD. You get the exact amount of Feudal Japan resources shown in the Merchant window.

There are 4 Emissaries in total available in the Feudal Japan Settlement, which all give different bonuses.
There are:
  • Nobunaga.png
    Oda Nobunaga (1 Forge Point)
  • Oichi.png
    Oda Oichi (1 Forge Point)

--> Little mistake I guess ;-))

Good catch! Should be modified soon. Thanks tycooon!

Can you play either the Viking or Japanese Settlements when you start a new settlement? I need one more level on my Yeggy Tree, which would be my next settlement and do not want to start a Japanese Settlement if I cannot return and do another Viking.

Yes Achaeus, that's totally up to you. If you want to play the Feudal Japan Settlement, you just need to roll the page to the right in the settlement window when you start again.

Last but not least, we will try to reproduce all issues reported in this thread and return to you as soon as possible.

DeletedUser

Thank you for diamonds, I got the merchant. Will it always have three offers with 10, 11 and 13 goods or will it grow or is it random numer?

DeletedUser7959

Wait a sec, so I can negotiate all 3 offers? That's cool. I thought I can only choose one of them.
Screenshot_3.pngScreenshot_5.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9541

The Japanese settlement looks like it has many space challenges; obstacles, offset expansion and greater space requirements of buildings.
Oh well, present day Japan forces people to deal with limited space on a daily basis; living space, public transportation, roads, breathing room, and often having someone in your face.

DeletedUser9797

From my point of view it would be better to create another unique "langskip" for every new cultural settlement :) There is enough space in the city. I don't think there is a problem to put any beautiful building, for example, in mountains or in water :) As to me, I dislike the idea that settlements are dependent from each other in the view of their staring option

DeletedUser9797

And, in addition to it. You've made vikings much more harder then they were. I mean we have a multiple chance there for goods but don't have it for coins. I don't know if it is actual for japanese but it can be reasonable to make a multiple choice also for coins (both in vikings and its analogue in japanese)