• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Ancient Egypt

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Also no diamonds used - i had been about 1 day behind hiep's progress for most of the settlement judging by his posts but I gather he must've gotten better x4 luck on goods producers than I (I don't know if I've got a single x4 hit since I took down my barracks and swapped to 10 goods buildings) and in addition I haven't been pushing that hard (probably 2 8 hr cycles most days instead of 3). Still I'm about 2 days out from finishing I think at this point (1 day to finish the goods to unlock all the tech and 1 day to jump through the hoops presented by late quests). 13 days 9 hours to go (2nd run, so about 13.5 days in at this point).

estrid

Baronet
Is there an error with the procession? It uses 24 (=6x4) squares and requires a road to give 437 diplomacy, while those decorated palm gardens give 440 diplomacy for the same number of squares and no roads required. Besides, the procession requests number of inhabitants adding some housing to the total requirement of tiles.

CrashBoom

Legend
Is there an error with the procession? It uses 24 (=6x4) squares and requires a road to give 437 diplomacy, while those decorated palm gardens give 440 diplomacy for the same number of squares and no roads required. Besides, the procession requests number of inhabitants adding some housing to the total requirement of tiles.
the error is: it produces Deben

so it is correct that that building is not better than previous diplomacy only buildings

hvck

Farmer
I've seen a few comments on colors (I haven't read all 22 pages up to now) so I'll just briefly say that the current palette makes it very hard to distinguish the different buildings and roads because they are all basically different shades of sand beige. Even the greens and blues tend to sand beige and so there's no definition - it just looks like a big splotch of beige noise.

If you simply do an image search of "Egypt colors" you can see some palettes that are very bright and intriguing that would look great and help to distinguish the various buildings. Here's just one example:

1583494901061.png

And here's an example of the richness that can come from using these colors:

1583495061850.png

The current palette makes the settlement look old and sand-blasted. The picture above shows a vibrant, dynamic culture. I would opt for the second.

Lekaylee

Farmer
The first day I unlocked the divine statue immediately (because of the closure of the first).
no other diamonds used afterwards.
3 fights every day (except the first) with 2 or 3 barracks.
I think for me the best solution will be 2 barracks with 5 locations each.

Dont understand how you are doing this,...
The fights and the barracs ... ok - I am doing very hard with the fights an hab so much losses... but i keep on getting better
I ask myself how many x4 you got? (I got until now, once from an easy fight and 1 from a production... not more!)
and how many expansions you are using? - now i have 12 and try to keep it.
Are you deleting and rebuilding your town a lot? - for the diplomacy to unlock like the vikings?
I am in the very first try after reset and next unlock is the elefant stable.
Producing the whole good in the building needs the time you cant skip.... more than 100 flowers for the resident block and 155 flowers for the Elefant stable. That costs time... As long as i have loot i now produce 3 buildings with 2x 8h production. - 13 days left...
Do you have some helping hints for us? :) - to make it better next round. (the divine statue fast unlock is saved ^^)

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Dont understand how you are doing this,...
The fights and the barracs ... ok - I am doing very hard with the fights an hab so much losses... but i keep on getting better
I ask myself how many x4 you got? (I got until now, once from an easy fight and 1 from a production... not more!)
and how many expansions you are using? - now i have 12 and try to keep it.
Are you deleting and rebuilding your town a lot? - for the diplomacy to unlock like the vikings?
I am in the very first try after reset and next unlock is the elefant stable.
Producing the whole good in the building needs the time you cant skip.... more than 100 flowers for the resident block and 155 flowers for the Elefant stable. That costs time... As long as i have loot i now produce 3 buildings with 2x 8h production. - 13 days left...
Do you have some helping hints for us? :) - to make it better next round. (the divine statue fast unlock is saved ^^)
The Egyptian expansions only cost me (1 + 5) +(1 +1 +1) +(1 +1) goods.
And free picks are common: quests 6 + 9 + 12 +
With the 3 that I had I removed the bad obstacles.
I now have 3 barracks + 5 factories, (or 2 barracks + 6 factories).
The size is sufficient: 5 or 6 factories spend more loot than what fights give.
And I think I have one more pick at quest 15, (the wikia is wrong, it was not changed after the change)
With 5 factories I have 20 harvests per day (125 goods without bonus) (8 h + 3 x 4 h) + 3 fights
7% bonus = more than one bonus per day.
Harvests at 9 a.m. + 1 p.m. + 5.30 p.m. / 6 p.m. + 9.30 p.m. / 10 p.m.
When necessary, in the evening (22h / 24h), I remove all the factories, 1 hour to build diplomacy and unlock the technologies, 1 hour to rebuild factories.
Break between 0h00 and 9h00.

coolyfooly

Squire
some one needs to make video on how to beat hard army i cant seem to figure out how to do it. How much combinations are there and what units to use on each combination?

I've yesterday build my Elephant Stable (last missing barrack : Heavy unit(HU) ) and today I did and won my first "hard" battle thanks to the use of 2 HU's !
Next time I shall write down what kind of units I had to defeat and what kind of units I used against them. To "learn" using these units it's a good idea to make yourself a graphic with the different units, something like :
Light Unit (LU) : >> strong against >> HU + Fast Unit (FU) ... etc ...
Like for the HU's : let them always stay on "Plain" (give extra defense & attack bonus!)
I mostly use LU's as some kind of SHIELD : place them in a "formation" making a WALL and behind that wall I place mostly ranged and/or artillery units. LU's are that way probably all killed at the end of a hard battle, but they're faster recruited than a fast unit (for example) ...

I've yesterday build my Elephant Stable (last missing barrack : Heavy unit(HU) ) and today I did and won my first "hard" battle thanks to the use of 2 HU's !
Next time I shall write down what kind of units I had to defeat and what kind of units I used against them. To "learn" using these units it's a good idea to make yourself a graphic with the different units, something like :
Light Unit (LU) : >> strong against >> HU + Fast Unit (FU) ... etc ...
Like for the HU's : let them always stay on "Plain" (give extra defense & attack bonus!)
I mostly use LU's as some kind of SHIELD : place them in a "formation" making a WALL and behind that wall I place mostly ranged and/or artillery units. LU's are that way probably all killed at the end of a hard battle, but they're faster recruited than a fast unit (for example) ...

Then my problem is most like caused by the fact that I always use "Auto Battle"... hmmm...

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
The 12 difficult defenses encountered (9 different)
5 ranged 2 artillery + 2 ranged 1 light
3 heavy 3 fast 2 ranged
2 heavy 2 rapid 2 ranged + 1 heavy 2 rapid 1 ranged
3 artillery 3 ranged + 2 ranged
3 rapids 3 ranged 1 light + 2 ranged
3 heavy 3 fast 2 ranged
4 rapids 2 artillery +2 rapids 1 artillery
2 rapids 2 artillery 2 light +3 artillery 1 light
2 heavy 3 rapids 2 ranged + 3 rapids 1 ranged
3 heavy 3 fast 2 ranged
2 heavy 4 fast + 2 heavy 2 fast
2 rapids 2 artillery 2 light +3 artillery 1 light

Lekaylee

Farmer
Oh Thanks :) I will try it like this next round. It looks a liitle small with 5 expansions,... but I will try :)

is it possible to give us a screeen how you begin and how it is in between and at the end?
i cannot see how you build this and have enough citizens...

"The size is sufficient: 5 or 6 factories spend more loot than what fights give. " - what does this mean? without loot no production...

i am a little puzzled^^

Last edited:
After 3 days acting in Egypt I cancelled it. I will not start again until some things are corrected
- Buildings are too big
- Land is too expensive
- Training military takes far to long time. 4 hrs makes it almost impossible to retrain a full set. Additionally with two military buildings the land is full (incl necessary resident buildings).
- When you fail in your fighting strategy you loose at least one day for retraining army. A learning curve is lost... two days later you already forgot what youve done plus you are not able to redo the fight
- In order to forthcome in the questline you need to fight for getting the currency to buy pottery or grain or stuff. If you loose you ll have to wait at least 1 day in order to restart your fight. The fail plus waiting time is really frustrating from the point of when you run out of the currency.
- 27 days running one season (questline) is too long.

What should be changed from my point of view....
- Reduce training time to 1 hr or even less
- Reduce costs for producing
- Give more possibilities for getting axes for example in the hardest run of the fights
- make buildings smaller
- Reduce the overall questline to make it achievable in max 20 days.

Together with the St Patricks day Event and other really time consuming new elements like GG, new ages Events running over 30 days, FOE is getting a full time job. It gives me a certain point of frustration testing on Beta and running one or two live servers in parallel. There opens up a valley between fulltime players and the ones playing on a healthy level like 1 oder max 2 hrs a day.
I suggest if doing such an enormous number of new feachers, make them easier... or if you whish holding the level of complexity give people more time to find their way. At the end of the day FOE is nothing else then a game and should be doable in your free time

hennsine

Farmer
The Egyptians appear to be fairly balenced.
Still I have one huge issue, being the duration to complete one settlement. After 10 days I just lost interest.
This is for me a total showstopper for the life server.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
some one needs to make video on how to beat hard army i cant seem to figure out how to do it. How much combinations are there and what units to use on each combination?

It's highly unlikely anyone's seen them all yet, but they're widely varied.
There is likely multiple acceptable approaches to most of them.
Perhaps you could tell us a specific hard army you're struggling with and we can help better?

LastWarrior

Regent
It doesn't matter what army you choose as you are going to lose some units especially on the hard fight.
I found just fighting the first two to start with was manageable and if you get a x 4 it helps a lot.
Use the archers as soon as you can they with a chariot or two will take them out without a great loss. hold the archers back and use their range.

mbk28

Baronet
hello,
I am obliged to stop this event. I'm not a warrior. My armies are being systematically destroyed, so I have no resources to make the productions that are totally out of proportion to the possible productions.

Damjan88

Merchant
hello,
I am obliged to stop this event. I'm not a warrior. My armies are being systematically destroyed, so I have no resources to make the productions that are totally out of proportion to the possible productions.

My experience from this settlement is that the camel archers x 8 can beat any easy and medium fight (with some loss) so 2 of those barracks might be enough to get you through the settlement with ease :)