• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Ancient Egypt

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Last quest
NeHEINtNwqCyXsZw8RLdssw6RbzF2yW1e_BBRNyPamzIh5uKKpfuvwDWc_PtPhct2qmDIoHlc6c1gtbUMzLGIEM4deRIKt-kR2i3ksiiQmhpgvPyRq2Ml9vFCOWbCspdezjsyd86eRHXlu9_BKif3YvQhTA6umnGlPDqdSyGMDy9EjAlwqum3gkbUf0jg64no1j01mZKdjN2hBva7uotwxMUCsduE4liGRbLFYkjzXDrL4v_WT8JwKZLwgpvwraLKGNoY6TpnfEgwA4x-MGBqOlWoU5sJzTcwo2_fsvQi331o1cf9axdRiVFAdh6YHvI8IRy_C-kjOari88opfAgI5AIADjmlTncp-WlodhBC--kw-A4dW6FVwriTByEWhs9ezIyrNsMp_k3qWcEOq48V9E6JjCdlVsLbWFejGWaMLgGqdCvfXA1UgBuM_-c6EBMVq-eaYZY8InVoWVZ9Va1TogQ0HPe5k_9qaaX88RdJ9x0z8H1FyJ08jMARUOEfZ69AHLBLDvzZfV-F0Pjf7SPIbgj-jrdCcFVgabTOZ0FFha2yLi7WMK9a8nbeR1vDLF5AjO2EKAoE2ShM0M_8jsALW8r5uOIC2Fez1ZFuzsFaNP7SfwbqtPebY9U6QbC96m6l2zJi78k50SZ1zk7MqpM-YU2Vekhq4JMdhnwlecZ44u4LNR_E7f_1RHeinzP17630ePw5Hs8puakNKr1hpakch8CstHbWIwMfnRJO0bEdKaNrQNV=w398-h232-no

Is this a bug or a joke?
I used less Deben for the entire settlement

DeletedUser7624

Hey guys! I don't play this settlement so I want to ask your opinion - is it worth to do it?

coolyfooly

Squire
Once u collect 30 of each good delete all goods buildings, and build 3 pyramids and get 30k that way. But u would have to make sure u make room for 3 pyramids.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
All in all, this settlement seem well balanced. I don't know yet if I will make it in the best time but like it so far. I'm not doing to well at the fighting but do get enough loot for my goods buildings

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
I think the reason that you see the 30k needed is to actually give a reason to build the last buildings unlocked in the settlements. As it stands now in Vikings and Feudal Japan, you can make it through by building/deleting those last diplomacy buildings because you do not need them. I kind of like that change for Egypt.

CrashBoom

Legend
Once u collect 30 of each good delete all goods buildings, and build 3 pyramids and get 30k that way. But u would have to make sure u make room for 3 pyramids.
isn't that against the concept

leave the settlement fully working

a settlement only with pyramids isn't very useful for the Egyptians

:D

nothing to defend with, not being able to produce goods

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I've been running 10 factories and no barracks for a few days now. It's pretty boring seeing as I need no more loot to finish and i've been logging in less so not really running them optimally.

I need to pay attention to when i'm getting close to done with loot and scale up the goods buildings faster in the future (and as the x4 multiplier gets higher it seems likely you'll need more and more goods buildings earlier in the settlement). I probably also shouldn't have built the chariot barracks; i did use them some, but in light of the long post-loot period it probably should've been another goods building instead even if that cost me some fights some days.

That 30k coin quest does seem a bit over the top, but yes converting to all coin production once I'm done goods will be an easy enough option.

hvck

Farmer
I have a suggestion for this settlement and all the others (Vikings etc), specifically for the Develop/Embassy Advancements dialog. The white/gray color of the totals of goods needed for each building should take into account the goods of the previous buildings still needing to be built. Hard to explain but I'll give an example that I think will clarify:

- I currently need to unlock the Procession and to do so I need 71 Barley, and I have 103 so the 71 is white.
- Next come the Luxury Estate/Oasis which require 96 Barley. The 96 is currently white because I have 103, but 71 of these will be used on the Procession so that will leave only 32. So the white 96 is misleading.
- The same goes for the final building, the Pyramid. It requires 30 Barley and so it is white because I currently have 103, but to build it I actually need 71+96+30=197, so I need 94 more. The 30 should be gray, not white.

All this means that if I want to hold off buying these buildings and just continue current production, I have to constantly calculate/add/subtract x 4 goods to see what my current status is for each.

I think it serves no purpose for the Pyramid Barley to be white just because mathematically it is lower than my current stock, ignoring the fact that I have to spend much more to still get there. It would probably be confusing to actually show the cumulative number (too many numbers on the screen), but applying the white/gray "correctly" would be helpful.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Second settlement completed.
Last quest made with 1 pyramid and 3 Processions (easier to place and 1 hour of construction).
I find that 30,000 deben is a bit too much because we only finish by collecting these deben.
I was happy to play without short productions and this quest encourages me to do so.
---
Watch out for Quest 20: "Gather 300 Loot AND Gather 20 Sacrificial Offerings. I had deleted my barracks, fortunately there were still the unattached units from the start ....
---
I start the third.
In quest 4 "Finish one Egyptian battle" I had 300 loot as a reward for the quest + 330 x 4 = 1,320 loot, making a total of 1,620 loot: a great start! :D

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
how much diamonds u spend to finish so fast? I on day 13 and only 6/12 tech done, still cant beat hard army yet.
The first day I unlocked the divine statue immediately (because of the closure of the first).
no other diamonds used afterwards.
3 fights every day (except the first) with 2 or 3 barracks.
I think for me the best solution will be 2 barracks with 5 locations each.

DeletedUser10052

It is too hard to win those fights and therefore it takes ages to produce something and get forward. This is no fun at all.

estrid

Baronet
how much diamonds u spend to finish so fast? I on day 13 and only 6/12 tech done, still cant beat hard army yet.
I have 4 tech to do, 15/23 tasks done. I have beaten the hard army a couple of times... not sure if I had been able to do that earlier, just chickened out after one fiasco very early. No diamonds used, although I have found the impediments quite irritating. 13 days left.