• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Ancient Egypt

Beta-OD

Squire
You mean the Ancient Obelisk I suppose ? ;-)
Yes, military bonus, but for your fighting army on your main city .... I believe some here asking for a military bonus here with the battles in Ancient Egypt

It could be an interesting design to have an item from an earlier (release, not age) settlement give you a boost on other settlements. Gives a whole additional design opportunities.

DeletedUser

I keep collecting 2 FPs from Town hall in settlement yet they do not appear on the bar in my main city. Where do they go?

DeletedUser7107

This is a joke, right? Like an early April fools day? I can't even produce grain, when I hover the ingredient needed to produce it, it tells me nothing. Whoever designed this should be sent to sabotage another companies game, they sure screwed this up.

Super Catanian

Merchant
This is a joke, right? Like an early April fools day? I can't even produce grain, when I hover the ingredient needed to produce it, it tells me nothing. Whoever designed this should be sent to sabotage another companies game, they sure screwed this up.
*(cough)* This is Beta *(cough)* Bugs are common in a Beta Server so that they can be tested and removed *(cough)* Surely, you've reported this to Support, right? *(cough)*

DeletedUser

Would you be prepared to say that to the Developers face ?

I doubt you would .

DeletedUser4409

I can't build anything that requires egyptians, even though there's 105 of them free. I'm stuck. What to do?

Emm55

Merchant
So far, I think Inno got the settlement right, except for the road:sand differential.
I am a farmer, but I can still find my way through the easy fight level.
Don't know if I'll finish in time, but I'm willing to accept it if I don't. Not all settlements need to be equally doable in a timely manner.
My experience is surely very different than that of a good fighter.
I'm glad that you made this settlement feel less frenetic than the others. Hopefully, it will appeal to more people than the super tight pacing of the other two settlements.
The extra, cheap expansions are welcome.
Also, the thing w the cursor to make buildings easier to shuffle is very good, imo. Makes the game flow better.
The impediments seem fine to me. I find a comfortable path with just the occasional free pick axe from the quests.
Overall, a win in my book. I will play this again : )

DeletedUser9541

Viking settlements were a new challenge. Japanese settlements seemed more fun with the addition of the merchant, adding more chance for bonuses. Egyptian settlements halved the chance of 4x bonuses, came with obstacles in every expansion and had buildings with much larger footprint requirements. Fighting for loot to produce goods was a new concept. Yellow roads are difficult for some people to see, sort of like the Viking whiteout roads.
I'll try to complete one Egyptian settlement, but lack motivation and a "fun" element.
(Today on a live server, the second time for the merchant gave two 4x bonuses so I was able to build expansions for the whole session on expansions without any obstacles, which was very rare. Now that will be fun to complete).
Might we get some sort of edging on the roads for those of us half-blind from playing FoE 24/7?

. Egyptian settlements halved the chance of 4x bonuses, ...
Not true ! With this settlement you can get a chance of x 4 bonus on cultural good buildings AND also after each of the 3 battles : getting a chance the amount of Loot get a "X 4" multiplier ! So in fact the same as with the Merchant on Japan settlement .
I've got such boost so far 3 times , both after battle and by collecting cultural goods too !

Super Catanian

Merchant
Japanese settlements: bonuses = 3% - 4.5% - 6% - .......
Egyptian settlements: bonuses = 5% - 7% - 9% - ........
Oh damn...
And I don't know if it has already been mentioned, but how many times must one complete the Settlement in order to get the max main reward?

Damjan88

Merchant
Producing goods is actually a lot cheaper in the Egyptian settlement , you need 1000 coins for 5 units in a baracks (at least thats for the first 3 baracks) and thats provided they all die in battle. For that same amount you get 10 goods in the other two settlments, and on top of that you can get a bonus on loot, and higher bonus chances :D We just have to figure out how to fight efficiently :D

Super Catanian

Merchant
Well, just 10 times : Bathhouse L1, 4 x an Emissary & 5 x Upgrade Bathhouse give 10 times to get main reward up to L6 (max)
Wow, not many Settlements. But it is made up by the fact that each one has more Quests to complete, the time to complete is longer, and the vast differences it has compared to the previous two Settlements...

I like it this way more than I had to do 15 times Vikings to get my Yggdrasil to maximum level, but this Yggdrasil is, of course, of good use with it's 30% attack boost and other things !
But I like to do those battles in this settlement .... I'm now building 3 Residential Blocks, then I can go for the Elephant Stable ... I've bought 12 expansions so far ...