• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Ancient Egypt

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Has anyone tried out the elephants? They come so late and are melee, don't seem worth it.
They come so late and are melee, don't seem worth it. :p
I'll have the technology in 1 hour.
I'm only missing 4,600 loot.
If I build the barracks I won't have the units until tomorrow, it's too late to be useful.

DeletedUser

Has anyone tried out the elephants? They come so late and are melee, don't seem worth it.
not yet, a few days to go,
i think, if their skill proc, they are good, if not, the are not, hehe
They come so late and are melee, don't seem worth it. :p
I'll have the technology in 1 hour.
I'm only missing 4,600 loot.
If I build the barracks I won't have the units until tomorrow, it's too late to be useful.
I agree now I understand .

Lekaylee

Farmer
Hello
I love playing the different Cultures. Such nice feature
- no probs with Deben enough Ressouces.

But not every Player is a fighter! - I have great Prob in this feature,...
I KNOW the bonusses and so, but most Time its too hard to win .... The day ends mostly with only 2-3 units left(or all dead),... everyone should have the chance to manage his town. Please
- if i need bushes they are out of range.... i place the units like someone told us by example,.... before I can use them like i should do,.... they are mostly dead,...
No chance for me. since yesterday no production, - byby gold at the end.
On live Server I am more a merchant than a fighter. I need some general fight/def bonus.
The production of the Egypt-units is too long!- maybe it would help to make it shorter or for Workers to have an funktion pE.: 1 unit in 3 hours - 2 units in 6 - and 3 in 8 hours.?
I have no Prob in beeing a bad fighter and build more units - to get my things done I
Maybe we can use a Tavern bonus? - People who want the ultimate challange or is a great Tictician can do it without......

Thanks for reading
Greetings Lekaylee

Damjan88

Merchant
I found the camel archer (retaliation unit) to be the answer to all my fighting problems. 3 of those buildings help me win all three fights (unless the hard one has a lot of them as well) Mind you i do have to rebuild 10-12 of them (out of 15) at the end of it but it works if you dont know how to fight, like me. Just keep them in the starting position until things get in range, i do lose troops in all fights

Lekaylee

Farmer
I found the camel archer (retaliation unit) to be the answer to all my fighting problems. 3 of those buildings help me win all three fights (unless the hard one has a lot of them as well) Mind you i do have to rebuild 10-12 of them (out of 15) at the end of it but it works if you dont know how to fight, like me. Just keep them in the starting position until things get in range, i do lose troops in all fights
hm i think less Production more fighting buildings would help... i am not shure if this ist wanted ... but thanks for your friendly hint - I will try it this way

btw
IS A FEEDBACK WANTED or is ist not? ... I do not need flame or unfriendly answers! and btw I am through till the end of Japans and Vikings - And I thought this should be a feedback to the Egypt... thats what this thread is for

Damjan88

Merchant
3 of those are enough for me, for now. Like i said the 15 camel archers i have get me through (somehow) so i dont need any more barracks. Now there are far more effective strategies for the army compositions, but those require you to know what you are doing and be a bit lucky. Lots of players here now, know how to get through the easy fight without losses, i lose 2-3 on it :D

Nessie

Baronet
It's not fair to exclude players that don't like to fight but since when is Inno Games known for FAIR PLAY? No way, the opposite is the case.
I am referring to the game in general not only cultural settlements. More specific is not possible since my post would get deleted immediately...

Last edited:

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
It's not fair to exclude players that don't like to fight but since when is Inno Games known for FAIR PLAY? No way, the opposite is the case
* Foe is a game that combines production of goods and fighting.
The player who plays only one of the two elements excludes himself from part of the game.

* It is not possible to replace the Japanese merchant with fights, and nobody plays this settlement without negotiating.

Why then want to play the Egyptian settlement without fighting?

And why would you want to win buildings that give soldiers and a military bonus if you don't fight?

zlobnyj bot

Squire
* Foe is a game that combines production of goods and fighting.
The player who plays only one of the two elements excludes himself from part of the game.

* It is not possible to replace the Japanese merchant with fights, and nobody plays this settlement without negotiating.

Why then want to play the Egyptian settlement without fighting?

And why would you want to win buildings that give soldiers and a military bonus if you don't fight?
the fact of the matter is that there is no military bonus there)
there is only a random hiring bonus ...

Damjan88

Merchant
The issues seems to always be that people want everything at full power, right now with no effort and thats never gonna happen, not to mention that it will be boring. Every single person here wether they like fighting or not, or know what to do or not are gonna figure out how to do the easy and medium fight atleast. Given the nature of rocks on every expansion, and coins for units, units for loot, loot for goods that is more than enough for the average player to get through it with ease, maybe even get all gold (if not all gold then gold and silver rewards) Lets work out the kinks and strategies for live :D Dont be mean, or negative or defeatist. Its ok not to like something, skip it :D Its ok if you are bad at it, people here will help you out with ideas and strategies :D

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
the fact of the matter is that there is no military bonus there)
The old obelisk gives a military bonus.
This bonus is useless for players who do not fight so they do not lose if they do not have it.
------------
No X4 bonus yesterday, no X4 bonus this morning!
this afternoon, medium combat ----> bonus X4: difficult combat ----> bonus X4.
Result: I have enough loot to finish.
So here is my settlement in final situation with 7 factories, without barracks.
hja4E8bC-m3Xczol9OXfv67KNQ1-mQPcW1Lhl9fE7NZ4KEr_Q3ej1C5QY_4h5a435ch60uMmAE-m2DeA3F5KOfg881_zGXXCm1iSWElG1jNCH30clscZwRv_Y4bfH4gbJ7FLCf41LUDEIZdCbZ8ISUjM7jUTUmWsX-WslMrbel-OQ8r5RGwoIbLS6wzmFfOiPWyXrAFXokg3AaJOUMQlEYTF7Wts6R0AjBI0N9LPH_F2WJTmUtHwnNkdw6OnEdgJbXRYWn4mBe_x9NYvtmBgMgbe3ZzAKh_xtYpO8zRNW56VpBX2T9NZ1FZC-NTnGXn40uKlt0tTAfcZ2CTvCeA7Uqx7Dym6CBmE9j-pZcjZlq8iQUHgMIT1OIcJ8d3w71s5qTORkuz7bnO2Uw3IbNv1KRkoGX_5NZN4FeOtts90DzzGVECdE_jkHq1y8JJHoSHrPA2FrKQE4tqqTM5Odgei6Pvfja6CE2sSHD5m3wTCn9xb0MtivvRvjSXTkfBxKjrOhYlDMnO5Dnv6sBtiWxbr_Syvuk9vbQGrfK2iDpNoUrJji5HvudYmUyws3gWQaFcdUHWHDMx-0riEGCWkVXKxGRThtImEyNxstIinI0ZB-zbi8O0ZdMTTht7MIHmKGbLsMYRnsoQgT44Rrb4Vjq51I6AaxFMlw2ZrcEcVGOnkyfEa55BtXLqKA9rM1j0pMaEP81w_G0dvIqFWYR5x2zu4BjB3YjK6MG_e2nuHODF5soMAp8WH=w1315-h750-no

Retired Guy

Marquis
Contrast issues... I know it's the desert.. but many people in life are somewhat colorblind.. I find this settlement VERY hard to tetris the various bldg.'s with because of the lack of contrast in the browns.. please consider adding just a little more color, and different shades.. thks

DeletedUser10244

Rows are still barely visible
Build times for Chariots (and elephants?) are with 8h too long, make it 4h for every troop type. We have to beat 3 encounters, the last one usually with 9 units. 2 deads on second and 5 on third is a good result, but you cant afford to loose 3 chariots with 8h build time.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
2 deads on second and 5 on third is a good result, but you cant afford to loose 3 chariots with 8h build time.
You should try with other units to attack.
For 8 average fights I had 2 x 2 dead; 2 x 1 dead and 4 x 0.
for 9 difficult fights I had 2 x 5 dead; 2 x 4 dead; 1 x 3 dead; 1 x 2 dead; 2 x 1 dead and 1 x 0.
I have not lost any Chariot, the recruitment time could be 2 days or 2 hours, it would not change anything for me.

The old obelisk gives a military bonus.
Old Obelisk ? You mean the Ancient Obelisk I suppose ? ;-)
Yes, military bonus, but for your fighting army on your main city .... I believe some here asking for a military bonus here with the battles in Ancient Egypt.

I like the idea of the possibility to use a military bonus, but at the loss of "loot" ! So the more military bonus, so the less "loot" they get and the change to get a X 4 bonus lower to a X 3 or even X 2 ...

I like the idea someone here mentioned to have the possibility to select more than 1 unit to "train" at the time ! This way to fasten up the recruit-progress for those players that can not log in each 4 or 8 hours ... Even me (active player!) like this "feature" !! Selecting 3 Light units to recruit and the day after I get them all 3 and I've totally NO problems that this will cost me "Extra" Deben !

And I like to see coming more NEW IDEAS for this settlement ! Hope the developers read this all and start to "think" over all this ideas ... maybe take those ideas with them for a next settlement and I hope the next settlement will also include battles ... then we've (so far) 2 settlements without any fighting and then 2 with fighting ... ;)