• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion !!Creating a new tab for fragments does not solve the fragments annoying problem!!

nice2haveu

Baronet
Why would they have to type every time? When I'm using the search bar, whatever I typed in is saved for the next time I open the window
I cannot guarantee myself about typed text will suits to my needs in the inventory all the time. Maybe it works for you, but time to time, I tend to type different items in a day. One time I look for 30minutes supply rush fragments, other time one up kit fragments, other time SoH / SoK / WW list goes on. You can't stick with one time searching in the inventory.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
What is boring is having to reopen the inventory for the use of several potions successively as well as when using kits, unlike when using upgrades.

nice2haveu

Baronet
What is boring is having to reopen the inventory for the use of several potions successively as well as when using kits, unlike when using upgrades.
I remember like reading the same idea last month, may be it is in forwarded list but am not very sure about it.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Why not just put them on last pages? Simpler and just as hidden. When was the last time you looked at page 39? Not that many here consider frags as anything but the last thing they want to see.
On my newer world, many events I flip to the last page to grab some sort of non-event building to build. "Last" is a useful place for me to look.

Rosiemarrie

Steward
So we get a fragments tab today in Beta.
As expected in comments above... it doesn't solve the issue that the fragments are cluttering the first tab.

For me having the selection kits in the same tab as consumables is the main issue... I can't really use the buildings tab because it doesn't contain all the buildings/building upgrades I can place, a lot of them are in the consumables as selection kits. So I still have to use the All tab and search on the name of one I'm interested in to see what I have for it (hoping I spell it right, which is not my strong point).

Kronan

Viceroy
What we really need are better filtering options so one can filter / sort inventory as needed..
I have suggested such solution, but I see no support or discussion there.

INVENTORY FILTERING

Right. Solutions won't ever hit a perfect bullseye, and it seems that Inno is trying to help, but maybe doesn't want to engineer it to the detail either required OR requested.

Same issues with stacked warriors. Also a good try (meaning they listened to the TOP LEVEL request to stack warriors), but did it quick and dirty, and then go silent (which means: we gave you a switch to NOT use it, do that if you don't like it).

I don't think we are making bad suggestions to make FoE more usable and game functional. Inventory filtering is the way to go, yes. That lets us search / sort / rank / discover what in our inventory, correctly.

We've got hundreds of items in inventory... pages and pages of them and more pages each day as fragments grow and grow. And frankly, here's more pain related to items, fragments and a decent naming convention for things:

Everyone can do this... SEARCH in your inventory (full view) for: RITUAL FLAME.

You might get this or something similar:

Ritual Flame items in Inventory - 100.JPG

Pretty good, right?

WRONG!!

Oh silly me. Nope.... guess what? There are more!!

, but guess again.... They're called by a DIFFERENT NAME - it's NOT:

1) Ritual Flame Selection Kit
2) GE Ritual Flame Selection Kit
3) Guild Expedition Ritual Flame Selection Kit
4) Guild Expedition Ritual Flame Selection Kit Fragment
5) Fragment of Guild Expedition Ritual Flame Selection Kit
6) Fragment of Guild Expedition Level 2 Ritual Flame Selection Kit

No - none of these LOGICAL names:

Here's what they're called (CRAAAAZY LONG illogical):

FRAGMENT of Guild EXPEDITION Level 2 Selection Kit
Guild EXPEDITION Level 2 Selection Kit

See the word "RITUAL FLAME" in there anywhere? UGH.

So....You have to remember to search for : LEVEL 2 (not RITUAL FLAME)

1684354194558.png

That SELECTION kit has 2 RITUAL FLAME ITEMS/tools in it, but if you didn't know that, you can't get them by theIr logical name:

RITUAL FLAME

DO we really care that it's a LEVEL 2 GE SELECTION KIT?

We care what's IN IT!! --> Ritual Flame "stuff"

They should ALL come up when you search for RITUAL FLAME. Now? That doesn't happen.

How does that help new players when this is confusing for veteran players?

This is going to keep getting worse....and the naming conventions and truncations aren't helping AT ALL.

Last edited by a moderator:

qaccy

Emperor
Right. Solutions won't ever hit a perfect bullseye, and it seems that Inno is trying to help, but maybe doesn't want to engineer it to the detail either required OR requested.

Same issues with stacked warriors. Also a good try (meaning they listened to the TOP LEVEL request to stack warriors), but did it quick and dirty, and then go silent (which means: we gave you a switch to NOT use it, do that if you don't like it).

I don't think we are making bad suggestions to make FoE more usable and game functional. Inventory filtering is the way to go, yes. That lets us search / sort / rank / discover what in our inventory, correctly.

We've got hundreds of items in inventory... pages and pages of them and more pages each day as fragments grow and grow. And frankly, here's more pain related to items, fragments and a decent naming convention for things:

Everyone can do this... SEARCH in your inventory (full view) for: RITUAL FLAME.

You might get this or something similar:

View attachment 9661

Pretty good, right?

WRONG!!

Oh silly me. Nope.... guess what? There are more!!

, but guess again.... They're called by a DIFFERENT NAME - it's NOT:

1) Ritual Flame Selection Kit
2) GE Ritual Flame Selection Kit
3) Guild Expedition Ritual Flame Selection Kit
4) Guild Expedition Ritual Flame Selection Kit Fragment
5) Fragment of Guild Expedition Ritual Flame Selection Kit
6) Fragment of Guild Expedition Level 2 Ritual Flame Selection Kit

No - none of these LOGICAL names:

Here's what they're called (CRAAAAZY LONG illogical):

FRAGMENT of Guild EXPEDITION Level 2 Selection Kit
Guild EXPEDITION Level 2 Selection Kit

See the word "RITUAL FLAME" in there anywhere? UGH.

So....You have to remember to search for : LEVEL 2 (not RITUAL FLAME)

View attachment 9662

That SELECTION kit has 2 RITUAL FLAME ITEMS/tools in it, but if you didn't know that, you can't get them by theIr logical name:

RITUAL FLAME

DO we really care that it's a LEVEL 2 GE SELECTION KIT?

We care what's IN IT!! --> Ritual Flame "stuff"

They should ALL come up when you search for RITUAL FLAME. Now? That doesn't happen.

How does that help new players when this is confusing for veteran players?

This is going to keep getting worse....and the naming conventions and truncations aren't helping AT ALL.
The funny thing about your Ritual Flame example is that if it wasn't for the Temple of Relics, this wouldn't really matter anymore. GE no longer directly provides buildings nor upgrade kits. Only selection kits now, or fragments in the case of the Fountain of Youth and the GE5 rewards. What this means is that a new player starting today will never have any Ritual Flames (nor upgrade kits) in their inventory, unless they build a Temple of Relics and obtain some that way. It's only a 'problem' for players straddling the reward shift and/or have a ToR built. Perhaps a better solution would be Inno revisiting and adjusting ToR rewards instead? I'd personally like to see relic rewards differ based on GE level, as I feel that'd be more consistent with the new reward system.

Kronan

Viceroy
What this means is that a new player starting today will never have any Ritual Flames (nor upgrade kits) in their inventory, unless they build a Temple of Relics and obtain some that way.

Once again - WRONG.

You can get Ritual Flames in your inventory (and named as such) by building them in your city from a GE SELECTION kit - then storing them back into inventory.

The funny thing about your Ritual Flame example is that if it wasn't for the Temple of Relics, this wouldn't really matter anymore.

Yeah, and if the Rabbit didn't stop for lunch, he would have beaten the Tortoise....

It will still matter for quality and naming purposes, and - the TOR does exist! Not doing "what-if" stuff. We can do that all day.

I've created a pure existential point. Seemingly - your resting on what happens if it doesn't. It's not helpful and rather myopic to take that perspective.

The higher organic point I'm making is - the STRATEGIC --> Tactical implementation has failed - as viewed from the way we, players/customer view it. It wasn't thought through to be homogenized at the building naming and design levels and hence, the search level or higher, utility level.

I don't have a problem with the kits (aside from the design they MUST make the product in the city. I have a big problem (and seemingly, many others do - with the lack of homogeneity for naming, so SEARCH can work right - as it's supposed to do.

This isn't an 'on purpose thing", IMHO. It's a design flaw that wasn't considered and now should be fixed.

Lets not even mention the overly verbose info naming constructions that don't fit in the venue's display boxes...and fail to elucidate!

GE 5 encounter 79-1.jpg

So back to search...

All players see this now, except new ones. That's 99% of the gamers in FoE. So, all the selection kits in the NEW GE 1-4 have this problem for just about everyone:. Terrace Farm kits, and Gate/Face kits, and the "mixed" kit with SSW, Tribal Square, etc.

SO yes - there are plenty more examples - but the RITUAL FLAME is a glaringly simplistic review of a much bigger "fail".

Last edited:

Pass Go

Squire
There's really only so many ways the issue can be resolved. Either:

• Auto assembly of fragments
    • Problem, some items people might want to delay assembling in order to control the assigned Age on anything that has a set Age attached
    • So if implemented you'd either have to limit auto-assembly to Selection Kits / No Age items, or just make everything Auto Assemble and adjust your play around such a change.
  • Different tab
    • As stated in this thread, if it works the same as the rest of the game then this doesn't change anything in the first tab. But it does at least isolate them.
    • There's no reason (on a purely design perspective without knowing what the code is like) we couldn't permanently remove them from the first tab and keep them exclusively in their own tab
  • Filters
    • Probably the only real way we'll be able to hide the fragments without changing game mechanics.
  • Multi-item assembly
    • Allow the player to assemble everything at once instead of one at a time
  • Come up with some other idea that only brings up fragments when we need them
    • Unfortunately a complete overhaul of game interface is likely out of the question based on precedence of what kind of changes the game goes through when trying to solve a problem
I am ABSOLUTELY in favor of either Auto Assemble all fragments OR the multi item assembly ! I have over 7 pages of fragments in the All tab. what a pain in the "neck" ... PLEASE Inno.. do something to address this aggravation