• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion !!Creating a new tab for fragments does not solve the fragments annoying problem!!

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Need to get some clear understanding since many are supporting to create a new tab for fragments.
By creating a new tab, it won't impact the first tab of inventory at any cost. That's how the tabs are maintained in the inventory in PC.
Inventory tabs (except the first one) are just filters from the first tab of inventory in PC (correct me if am wrong).
If anyone explain me in detail, how the tabs will improve the annoying problem, very much eager to listen and grasp the details.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Need to get some clear understanding since many are supporting to create a new tab for fragments.
By creating a new tab, it won't impact the first tab of inventory at any cost. That's how the tabs are maintained in the inventory in PC.
Inventory tabs (except the first one) are just filters from the first tab of inventory in PC (correct me if am wrong).
If anyone explain me in detail, how the tabs will improve the annoying problem, very much eager to listen and grasp the details.
The whole principle is that the fragments be hidden. Not just a tab where our fragments are easier to find, but to get them completely out of the way.

The complexity of the task based on the underlying state of spaghetti code is unknown to us as users. But there's no reason our first inventory tab *has to* correspond to an unfiltered dump of what the database says is in our inventory (

But most suggestions I've seen on the matter are clear on the notion that hiding the fragments somehow is the crux of the issue (whether that be by a checkbox type filter or by removing them from main inventory and putting them in their own dedicated tab)

-Alin-

Emperor
A tab in which only Fragments are available and could be seen, like is the goods tab, while in the other tabs(initial tab You are talking about) You will no longer see the fragments, only forge points, chests, potions, kits and normal buildings.
People haven't mentioned any filter, just a tab in which only the Fragments can be found and not anywhere else :p

But personally the idea to add a check box to hide/unhide the Fragments would be better and easier to implement on both PC and mobile.

Emberguard

Emperor
There's really only so many ways the issue can be resolved. Either:

• Auto assembly of fragments
    • Problem, some items people might want to delay assembling in order to control the assigned Age on anything that has a set Age attached
    • So if implemented you'd either have to limit auto-assembly to Selection Kits / No Age items, or just make everything Auto Assemble and adjust your play around such a change.
  • Different tab
    • As stated in this thread, if it works the same as the rest of the game then this doesn't change anything in the first tab. But it does at least isolate them.
    • There's no reason (on a purely design perspective without knowing what the code is like) we couldn't permanently remove them from the first tab and keep them exclusively in their own tab
  • Filters
    • Probably the only real way we'll be able to hide the fragments without changing game mechanics.
  • Multi-item assembly
    • Allow the player to assemble everything at once instead of one at a time
  • Come up with some other idea that only brings up fragments when we need them
    • Unfortunately a complete overhaul of game interface is likely out of the question based on precedence of what kind of changes the game goes through when trying to solve a problem

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
For inventory, I don't want extra tabs, I'd prefer the ability to "hide" items as you can lock them.
The visible fragments are boring but it's not just them.
I keep outdated kits and buildings (I'm already overflowing with AD money) in case Inno ever thinks of adding a gold level. They alone represent 12 pages of my inventory that I will rarely use in a few months/years or even never.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@SlytherinAttack The proposal can be find with explanations and discussions. In which you should be able to find the answers your looking for. However it’s up to the devs to come up with a proper solution. Whatever they come up with. With each proposal forwarded, whatever approach the proposal takes, is a reminder of the issue and pressing on the urgency. The devs have made some adjustments poorly understood by some but I think they might have more knowledge and experience than we have in solving set issues.

Either way, here’s the link for the proposal. To answer your question:
https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/dedicated-fragments-tab-in-inventory.15916/

Also I’m not interested in repeating myself over and over. I’ve repeated myself often enough and the arguments can be read in the proposal. So, don’t expect me to repeat myself further and engaging into a further discussion on this topic.
As a final note, it’s rather interesting how opposition didn’t rise during the proposal face but only months after it has been forwarded. Wonder where the opposition was during the proposal face in all those months.

I also agreed with @Emberguard there are plenty ways to improve and solve the situation. Personally I think a group of solutions together are the best to adres the main issues. Like assembling multiple times an item to the limit if you have sufficient fragments. Similarly to last year’s loot chests. For example if you have 300+ frag of 1ups, it’s time consuming and boring to assemble them all. Sure 10 doesn’t sounds that much but think about the pop-ups and such. Assembling them at once would be great.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
@drakenridder, myself little occupied in real life when the proposal happened and didn't available to pin point solutions from my end. Almost, many months later, resumed the game and playing the game from starting ages with tutorial (nightmare). It's a miss from my side, since only looked on new ideas instead of forwarded ideas after resuming my activity in game as well as forum.

I cannot convince you, why no opposition that time. Also, myself too not interest in doing repeated arguments and so only created this discussion topic to know what was the content myself missing which has massive positive support. Technically, from the initial tab fragments should be removed is the main goal, but has few problems.

Thanks to @-ScytheNinjAlin- and @Emberguard response which myself got very clear understanding and thanks for other response too.

The fragments are best IG idea. it SLOWS down the game. Its one fo the biggest good change done by IG.
Now i am waiting for the building do complete. Before that i would just got it, put it, thats all, now i am checkign, waiting, Im intressed in speeding it up, etc, Those are great emotions for game.

Yekk

Regent
The whole principle is that the fragments be hidden. Not just a tab where our fragments are easier to find, but to get them completely out of the way.

The complexity of the task based on the underlying state of spaghetti code is unknown to us as users. But there's no reason our first inventory tab *has to* correspond to an unfiltered dump of what the database says is in our inventory (

But most suggestions I've seen on the matter are clear on the notion that hiding the fragments somehow is the crux of the issue (whether that be by a checkbox type filter or by removing them from main inventory and putting them in their own dedicated tab)
Why not just put them on last pages? Simpler and just as hidden. When was the last time you looked at page 39? Not that many here consider frags as anything but the last thing they want to see.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Why not just put them on last pages? Simpler and just as hidden. When was the last time you looked at page 39? Not that many here consider frags as anything but the last thing they want to see.
If fragments are listed last in the inventory and assemble something, the inventory screen jumps up to the top of the list. Because an item gets “added” to the inventory.
Quote from here

An added benefit of a tab is for new players, over hiding them by default. A hide/show button can be easily overlooked. Placing it down last in inventory can be overlooked more easily too. A tab that literally says: fragments, is hard to mis. That been said like @Fire Witch said in the proposal, it doesn't matter what we players suggest. It does matter that the devs have become aware that we want a solution for the fragments' mess in the inventory. In the end of the day, we can discuss endlessly while running in circles but the devs can change and fix things.

Yekk

Regent
Quote from here

An added benefit of a tab is for new players, over hiding them by default. A hide/show button can be easily overlooked. Placing it down last in inventory can be overlooked more easily too. A tab that literally says: fragments, is hard to mis. That been said like @Fire Witch said in the proposal, it doesn't matter what we players suggest. It does matter that the devs have become aware that we want a solution for the fragments' mess in the inventory. In the end of the day, we can discuss endlessly while running in circles but the devs can change and fix things.
My suggestion is much easier to code. New players have little in their inventory so that point is mute. Now with all the problems in the game why is "easy to do" not better...? I want to overlook most of the frags. I can not overlook the problems in GBG

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
My suggestion is much easier to code. New players have little in their inventory so that point is mute. Now with all the problems in the game why is "easy to do" not better...? I want to overlook most of the frags. I can not overlook the problems in GBG
Click on the consumable items tab, fragments already filtered in it.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I won't continue this argument. Just reread the posts I've placed regarding that discussion. Than you should know my point. Besides that there was more support for a tab anyways. Whatever the devs decide is what will be it. Feel free to propose your idea. Hopefully it'll be forwarded. As a reminder to the devs the community wants to gets this solved.

Yekk

Regent
I won't continue this argument. Just reread the posts I've placed regarding that discussion. Than you should know my point. Besides that there was more support for a tab anyways. Whatever the devs decide is what will be it. Feel free to propose your idea. Hopefully it'll be forwarded. As a reminder to the devs the community wants to gets this solved.
The way Inno handles proposals is to allow the proposal request, deny 95%, then send the last 5% to the round bin along side their desk for future review till the janitor shows... Side note, I am on topic here

Sometimes I feel like things are over looked. Maybe I was not aware of few things in the inventory.

In a day, have not open inventory more than 3 or 5 times which is a max count for me. Somedays, have not open at all. Here, asking new tab for particular type of item (fragments) make me feel like, too much disturbance. If people are so lazy to use search filter, and wants everything in single click, then this game is not for them.

If Dev's didn't implement a new tab, I will support the Dev's only. If they implement, I will still support Dev's on their effort to satisfy few players who are lazy to use inventory.

nice2haveu

Baronet
Sometimes I feel like things are over looked. Maybe I was not aware of few things in the inventory.

In a day, have not open inventory more than 3 or 5 times which is a max count for me. Somedays, have not open at all. Here, asking new tab for particular type of item (fragments) make me feel like, too much disturbance. If people are so lazy to use search filter, and wants everything in single click, then this game is not for them.

If Dev's didn't implement a new tab, I will support the Dev's only. If they implement, I will still support Dev's on their effort to satisfy few players who are lazy to use inventory.
It may be related to laziness, but there is other side too. To handle the fragments in a cleaner and efficient way without the huge crowd of inventory items.
I know it's debatable, some better approach given means useful but current design of inventory is too much limited and mingled with three things.
- lock feature
- item received indication on inventory (first) tab
- assemble the full set of fragments makes the inventory load with new item automatically
These three things common for PC and Mobile. And PC has one more extra tab 'consumable' which needs to be taken care too.
Search filter will be more handy but not sure how many players are interested in typing every time opening the inventory.
Tough choice to implement a fresh design with the current approach. Also moving the fragments to last page in the front tab is beneficial for PC users only. It's not so easy to bring a common design approach to satisfy both pc and mobile players without tampering the current mechanism which is not having any issue except people's mind set on fragments.

qaccy

Emperor
Search filter will be more handy but not sure how many players are interested in typing every time opening the inventory.
Why would they have to type every time? When I'm using the search bar, whatever I typed in is saved for the next time I open the window. Makes it pretty handy if/when I have to use/build the same thing multiple times since it's right there every time I open the window.

If anything, what I'd like is to have more stuff function like upgrade kits, letting us use/build multiple things with one selection instead of having to reopen the window every time. But that's not really related to the topic being discussed here!

Regarding fragments themselves, the inventory clutter really doesn't bother me. The only time I'm ever not looking at the main inventory tab is if I want to look at GBs or goods. In the main inventory, I've got search available if I need it. If Inno does something about it with regards to inventory QoL, that's fine with me. But I'm fine with them not doing anything about it as well.