• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Change the League divisions in GB tournaments

Noname 5.0

Steward
It’s not just me as you say a boy playing in the yard have you not understood a single thing I’ve said. The larger guilds don’t want to be placed against smaller guilds the smaller guilds don’t want to be placed in a battleground with the larger guilds. Have you not been reading anything that the other guilds have been saying in this discussion.
Attacking ones character that you don’t even know is not only unprofessional it’s rude .
If you don’t have anything to add to this discussion that’s positive why are you even in this discussion.
I don’t know what country you are from but using the term BOY in my country is considered being a racist .

Noname 5.0

Steward
If you ever visit the US don’t ever call a black man a boy. Since Owl ll doesn’t know what race of players she’s talking to it would be in her best interest not to refer to anyone as boy .

Yekk

Viceroy
Back to the original subject please.

1) Guilds could from their base get tiles that gains 2 hits per fight, 4 for negotiations. Twice the normal amount. It would allow guilds a chance to break the fences. Make the bigger guilds work with those guilds. No... it is not a perfect system but would be an improvement. I think most small guilds would be good with this. It would still keep them out of the middle for most of the league.
2) From this change their real activity could be accessed. How many times they broke out or even tried to do such.
3) From there a real league strength could be reached. Guilds that owned more tiles would be ranked highest and play each other. Guilds that did less ranked lower. No diamond, platinum, ect.
Ranking to be an average of the guilds last 10 leagues activity .Best guilds move to the top with some floating up and down each new league.

Owl II

Emperor
Back to the original subject please.

1) Guilds could from their base get tiles that gains 2 hits per fight, 4 for negotiations. Twice the normal amount. It would allow guilds a chance to break the fences. Make the bigger guilds work with those guilds. No... it is not a perfect system but would be an improvement. I think most small guilds would be good with this. It would still keep them out of the middle for most of the league.
2) From this change their real activity could be accessed. How many times they broke out or even tried to do such.
3) From there a real league strength could be reached. Guilds that owned more tiles would be ranked highest and play each other. Guilds that did less ranked lower. No diamond, platinum, ect.
Ranking to be an average of the guilds last 10 leagues activity .Best guilds move to the top with some floating up and down each new league.
You have to hit from the starting province only once a season with the right game. If you start every day with 0 provinces, you are not in your weight category. You are offering crutches where surgical intervention is needed. This is more harm than help

Last edited:

Yekk

Viceroy
You have to hit from the starting province only once a season with the right game. If you start every day with 0 provinces, you are not in your weight category. And you are offering crutches where surgical intervention is needed. This is more harm than help

Only for your guild... until a change is done a few guilds will stuff everyone else... my very incomplete proposal addresses this. You like your fights while many guild languish....

Yekk

Viceroy
The system used for placements is better now than when it only looked a guilds creation date BUT the use of firm points for guild movement is fatally flawed as is the board play itself. This has lead to a few guilds being able to stuff any other guild. Even the guild with the strongest players and treasury can not compete unless they accept the stuff method. Saying no just gets that guild stuffed.

Owl makes great points on this topic.
For myself, i just improve my city to match the requirements for the guild i wish to participate with; it is certainly work, but it beats whining about fairness...
Big surprise, life is not fair and GBG doesn't award participation trophies just for showing up...

Yekk

Viceroy
Owl makes great points on this topic.
For myself, i just improve my city to match the requirements for the guild i wish to participate with; it is certainly work, but it beats whining about fairness...
Big surprise, life is not fair and GBG doesn't award participation trophies just for showing up...

I play in a guild that has been in diamond league since the very first diamond guild showed... We have stayed in diamond since then. We do the stuff method just as you do. There is not an alternative... We get up to 110K encounters a league. Again it is not about being the strongest anymore but more having to accept the stuff method of putting down all other guilds...

The only ones I see complaining is you and Owl, both of the same guild by the way...

Goldra

Marquis
I suggested to change the system of go up or down between leagues, and few people sayed something. No matter how many leagues you create, because you will have thesame result at the end. For me, the best option is to create a system to change the league, like the professional football soccer leagues

Noname 5.0

Steward
I don’t care that we are up against a larger guild I’ve done well for the last 12 keeping our guild in the diamond league.
We are ranked #47 in beta . It’s when we get put up against #1 - #10 I been having problems with.
The comment that if we start from 0 provinces your in the wrong weight class. HELLO that’s what I’m talking about why do they keep putting middle weights in with heavy weights.
Hello I’m 61 years old I know life’s not fair.
Changing guilds is not an option for me because I won’t abandoned my girlfriend that has sentimental value on the guild we’re in .
How in world do you come up with the fact that OWL n I are in the same guild.
It not me being the only one complaining about the way the guilds are matched I have friends in the live servers that are also disappointed in the why battleground is constructed.

Noname 5.0

Steward
@Emberguard I’m glad your confused that means you haven’t been subject to the kind of racism that goes on in the US .
Calling someone of a certain race a boy goes back to when there were slave ,this was a common term they used to call a person that they wanted them to do something for them.
That’s why it is considered being a racist when you call them boy .

Owl II

Emperor
The only ones I see complaining is you and Owl, both of the same guild by the way...
I am not a native speaker. Please explain the meaning of the word "complain". What I'm complaining about in your opinion?
Our guild (here, on the beta) does not complain about anything also. This is a new guild. created at the beginning of the year. And we have no problems with passing from the base

Owl II

Emperor
Only for your guild... until a change is done a few guilds will stuff everyone else... my very incomplete proposal addresses this. You like your fights while many guild languish....
Several guilds will stuff always the rest. This is inevitable. There will be stronger and weaker guilds in any group. What you are suggesting. will not give weak guilds more fights. This will not give weak guilds more VP. It will just allow them to spend less effort

Noname 5.0

Steward
Owl we have not had any trouble breaking out either until the last 2 battleground this one especially difficult we are in the middle of 3 80 member team with ranks of #1 ,#23, nad #11 all battling for the same provinces .
Before we can even do anything there is a guild with 156 points on it .
You’ve probably haven’t been in this situation because your guild isn’t good enough.
Excuse me have not heard what the rank of your guild is .