• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Change the League divisions in GB tournaments

Terr

Farmer
Every GB tournament starts my guild (Nemesis) on a map against totally inferior guilds, which we dominate and move into the Diamond League where we are faced against 6 of 8 guilds that have twice the membership!

How is a guild with less than 35 members to compete against 4 guilds with 80 members, and even the other guild has more than us? That is 7/8 we have to compete against with absolutely no chance of maintaining the Diamond status!

Nemesis wins Gold Trophies in GE 90% of the time because we are against guilds that are near our number of members. The GB tournaments should be separated with similar standards. For instance, have a Diamond League for guilds with 30-50 members, one for guilds with 50-65 members, and so on. If a guild membership breaks the threshold, they are moved up to the next tier while maintaining the same League status. Then, and only then, will Inno make this feature fair to all guilds!

Thanks for listening to my rant :-[

I think that increasing the LP point spread in Diamond would fix alot of the problems. The issue is that you can win up to 150 LP upon winning; which can bump you to the top of Diamond from Platinum. That is a lousy way to find matchups. I think it would be better to make sure the point spread is 2-3 times as big as the biggest award you can get in any one season. I think that would lead to a better stratification of guilds within Diamond League, resulting in better match-ups. And leave the guild point calculation the same - with the results that those who can actually maintain a 1500+ LP point total deserve to be listed in the top. Perhaps drop the multiplier from 18 to something less so that the balance between GbG and GvG is maintained.

Number of players is not necessarily the problem. Many guilds have 10, 20 or even more members that don't do any GbG. The issue would be number of players in each guild that actually do GBG.

I think the problem is that the Leagues are too close in range. In my main world there are like two Leagues in the Diamond one. A "Top" Diamond League where the top 10 por 15 ranked guilds dominate, and another "Normal" Diamond League where some competition exists. My guild seems to be a Medium ranked Diamond Guild, one that if placed in a tournament with 3 of the Top ones will likely finish in 4th or 5th, then if placed in a tournament with the "Normal" Diamonds guilds we beat them up and gain 1st place with ease. And all that with 12 or 15 guildmembers that don't do any GBG fights or negotiations.

And then, if winning 1st place in two tournaments in a row it is likely that next GBG we will be against the Top Diamonds ones.

It's a complex issue, you can have 80 members in a guild but only need 20 of those to be very active and you will dominate a map. Matching to guild numbers can be done as it is for GE but that doesn't take into consideration the activity of those members. I think the idea from Roason and Darrth may be easier to accomplish and having wider ranges could solve some of the issues.
This would assist in matching by activity between guilds, also when you are promoted, you would start with the less active in your new league and would not be completely outclassed with immediate demotion being your reward.

CrashBoom

Legend
Peter principle
people move up until they reach the point of their incompetence

:D

For instance, have a Diamond League for guilds with 30-50 members, one for guilds with 50-65 members, and so on.
to be honest
leagues 30-50 members should end in platinum
diamond is only for the best. so to be able to get into diamons a guild must have at least 60 members

Nemesis wins Gold Trophies in GE 90% of the time because we are against guilds that are near our number of members.
actually you win gold in 90% because of the others in the group are so terrible that those 6 or 7 teams win 10% combined

That is 7/8 we have to compete against with absolutely no chance of maintaining the Diamond status!
if you can't stay in diamond you don't deserve to be in diamond

that proves my points
guilds with 30-50 members should end in platinum and not going higher because they are not good enough to be a diamond league guild

Last edited:

Terr

Farmer
I don't know how all of this works, I just know that it doesn't. To be fair, guilds should not oppose other guilds with twice the membership, no matter what LP score is.
Something needs to change, or GB will be a dyeing competition feature.

CrashBoom

Legend
To be fair, guilds should not oppose other guilds with twice the membership, no matter what LP score is.
really ?
so you are saying you want to be 1000 LP guild but only fight other small 1000 LP guilds ?

if the game should prevent from small guild fighting 1000 LP big guilds the only valid way would be:
prevent small guilds to reach 1000 LP.
so guild with a size of 41-60 have a maximum of 900 LP they can reach
guilds from 21-40 gets a maximum of 650 LP
and for 20 or less members the limit would be 350

this doesn't prevent smaller guilds to face bigger guilds
but those bigger guilds are the bad bigger teams they can beat
not the good ones which moved to a higher league

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
It is not the number of members in a guild that should be taken into account but the number of assets in GbG.
On the live server, my guild is 22 members and we regularly beat 70 member guilds.

That said, @CrashBoom is right, arrived with the top guilds, we always end up 4th or 5th.

Owl II

Emperor
I don't know how they managed it, but it's ok with the matchmaking of opponents at the moment. One or two guilds in the group dominate, the others watch and play along sluggishly. This is what we are used to in GE. No one would want to have a race in GE every week. It's crazy to have every season a slaughterhouse in GBG like it was in the beginning. The issue is not the amount of guildmember in the guild, or even the activity of its members. It's a question of whether you are a food or a predator. My guild prefers to be a predator. And the more food, the better:) Of course, we're still not at the top of the food chain, as long as we're only 40. But we can to play in a group with tops quite comfortably and we have done it more than once. There are really only one or two guilds that I wouldn't want to meet, regardless of their size.

Owl II

Emperor
There are still a lot of problems in GBG. The main problem is it became a feeder for players when it was supposed to be a team battle gameplay. But now everything is definitely fine with the matchmaking of opponents, in my opinion

Mitos

Squire
i hope there will be bigger map for diamond guilds on some point
or 5 sc on HQ sector, or ability to move it...
well, there is definitely need to be some changes for good - simple mining 2 vs everyone else is become boring

Terr

Farmer
I still say, there should be separate Diamond Leagues using the algorithm of guild size. You could still factor in the GB activity per member of that guild, but that should be secondary to the number of members.
We are all active in GB, but only 10/35 really perform, that's 29%. But there are only 35 in total, so why are we be faced with 7/8 with 80 members, even if only 50% (40) perform?

Why should those with a few dull knives be forced to cut through bone to get the meat, when the sharp knives earn it? I mean, if those guilds with 50+ members are "bones", the edge of the opponents should compensate.

Its just wrong.

Last edited:

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
what are the differences between:
- a guild of 80 of which 50% do 100 fights per day (the other 50% doing nothing), 40 x 100 = 4.000
and
- a guild of 20 members each doing 200 fights per day, 20 x 200 = 4.000
?

Like what the number of members does not reflect the capacities of a guild.

CrashBoom

Legend
I still say, there should be separate Diamond Leagues using the algorithm of guild size. You could still factor in the GB activity per member of that guild, but that should be secondary to the number of members.
We are all active in GB, but only 10/35 really perform, that's 29%. But there are only 35 in total, so why are we be faced with 7/8 with 80 members, even if only 50% (40) perform?

Why should those with a few dull knives be forced to cut through bone to get the meat, when the sharp knives earn it? I mean, if those guilds with 50+ members are "bones", the edge of the opponents should compensate.

Its just wrong.
totally agree
and the diamond league for 40 member guilds would give have of the rewards than the diamond league for 80 members

that is in line with GE
there the championship reward at the end depends on the size of guild and the members age
a guild twice the size will get twice the points

and winning it doesn't change anything about that.
because as everybody knows (or at least should know): gold gives +25%
but +25% for 80 members is still double than +25% on 40 members reward

and don't forget:
map size must also be half for 40 member guilds
because 80 member guilds are twice as many players
they do twice as many fights. so they need a twice as big map

because: if size matter. then it matters in the whole GbG

Terr

Farmer
Another simple solution just came to mind; the PvP Arena has the same sort of levels, but it does not stop at Diamond Chests, there is an additional Crystal Chest. Why not add a Crystal League to GB?
The Crystal League would be designed for guilds with 40+ members, but it would give those guilds more rewards while the Diamond rewards would remain the same for guilds with 40- members. Problem solved, you've just separated the small from the large, and given the large better rewards without changing the size of the maps!

napodavout

Merchant
HELLO
main Word, diamond league 64 guilds for 3 to 79 members .
a solution that will challenge a real challenge .
uranium - 1400 -1500
diamond - 900 - 1000
platinum - 501 - 750
gold - 251 - 500
silver - 101 - 250
copper - 0 - 101

1- + 100
2- + 50
3- / 00
4- - 50
5- - 75
6- - 100
7- - 125
8- - 150
BONJOUR
monde principal ,ligue diamant 64 guilde de 3 a 79 membres.
une solution qui remettrai un réel challenge .
nouveau niveau
uranium - 1400-1500
diamant - 900-1000
platine - 501-750
or - 251-500
argent - 101-250
cuivre - 0-101

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
uranium - 1001 -1175 but only 2 leagues with 6 guildes (1 : + 0 // 2 : + 0 // 3 : - 25 // 4 : - 50 // 5 : - 75 // 6 : - 100)
diamond - 901 - 1000 (1 : + 175 // 2 : + 125 // 3 : + 75 // 4 : +25 // 5 : -25 // 6 : - 75 // 6 : - 125 // 6 : - 175)
platinum - 501 - 900 (like diamond)
gold - 251 - 500 (like diamond)
silver - 101 - 250 (like diamond)
copper - 0 - 100 (like diamond)