• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: Can't play the game for a day now!

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Nope, it's still not fixed. I've just checked this 15 minutes ago, and now.
The announcement refers to today's update, which hasn't taken place yet.

Also it's already been pointed out it's just a Flash problem so switching to HTML5 should get rid of it.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Where is this pointed out already?
In the daily announcement it says it's Flash only, in these threads in this forum people have commented on it already:
https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/strange-display.10853/
https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.c...f-error-codes-covering-the-game-screen.10854/

Why do you think one can just switch to HTML5?
Because generally one can just do so. :)

Well, not really. That's an open forum thread, the corresponding (internal) FoE report is closed. So currently there are no year and half issues open regarding the HTML5 version.

DEXTER1

Merchant
In the daily announcement it says it's Flash only, in these threads in this forum people have commented on it already:
https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/strange-display.10853/
https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.c...f-error-codes-covering-the-game-screen.10854/

Flash only does not mean "it's already been pointed out"

Because generally one can just do so. :)
Generally.

Well, not really. That's an open forum thread, the corresponding (internal) FoE report is closed. So currently there are no year and half issues open regarding the HTML5 version.

That is an information that you (and the other internal people) know about. Noone else, including me. If you don't have a proper issue handling service (like in github, gitlab, jira, etc.) do NOT expect people to know about your internal state.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
That is an information that you (and the other internal people) know about. Noone else, including me. If you don't have a proper issue handling service (like in github, gitlab, jira, etc.) do NOT expect people to know about your internal state.
It has little to do with information handling - even without know if the problem exists or not, it doesn't prevent you from switching until the issue is resolved. Even if the CPU usage is higher it doesn't block you.

Anyway. The update has taken place, so as announced the issue should be resolved now.

DEXTER1

Merchant
It has little to do with information handling - even without know if the problem exists or not, it doesn't prevent you from switching until the issue is resolved. Even if the CPU usage is higher it doesn't block you.

That is the exact attitude why I'm not reporting bugs/issues here anymore or anywhere else (unless it is THIS annoying), even if beta's purpose is this.

Anyway. The update has taken place, so as announced the issue should be resolved now.

Nice. Someone can close this thread, before I get mad at you a lot more.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
That is the exact attitude why I'm not reporting bugs/issues here anymore or anywhere else (unless it is THIS annoying), even if beta's purpose is this.
That's sad to hear, I apologize if my writing seems to come across with some attitude as there certainly wasn't any intended.

I only wrote that the update hasn't taken place at that moment and that it's been mentioned it's a problem only on the Flash version and switching to HTML5 should also resolve it. Which you seem to have taken as me implying you shouldn't have made this post, when it was only meant to provide more info.

The 3 linked threads point out it's Flash only, in 2 of them the Community Manager specifically asked to try switching to HTML5 in the interim.

There are currently no known reasons why one should not be able to switch to HTML5 unless they're using Internet Explorer. You can choose not to, no one is forcing it upon you, we're just providing the information that switching does resolve it. However, if there is a reason why you cannot --- then you should report that because that old report you've linked is not currently valid. Apologies again and I hope you don't take that the wrong way as it's meant to be helpful to you. It informs you that if you do have an issue, it's currently not known to the development team and you should make it so.

Hope you're able to enjoy the game and your day. :)