• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Big news for Forge!

Arch1e

Marquis
Do you really think that any of the suggestions back then became part of GR? As I recall, the comments in that thread were mostly people who wanted to keep GvG, They want enhancements, such as adding ages to the maps, making it work for mobile, stopping bots, etc. Most wanted to keep some form of GvG. Many in the thread said they did not want GvG deactivated.

No, but I did take it as a confirmation that there would be a replacement, given also how little was done to address the issues with Gvg, for years. Even if it was not phrased as such. Bar people saying they didn’t want any replacement, the main suggestions I remember were to do with making sure everyone could play, and it not being a constant grind. Would have to read up again to see. But I doubt neither of those two wishes will not be met.

Last edited:

Logain Sedai

Baronet
There is fun using old units in GvG? For me it is literally the same as using current age units. Still clicking auto fight and replace units once they are damaged.
There is fun for me yes ! You don't need to like GVG but please don't be scornful. This is bad considering your position.

Logain Sedai

Baronet
While I respect your preference, you are able to do that in GE and GBG. Inno has spent a great deal of time asking NON GvG players what they want to new features but have neglected to ask GvG players what keeps them coming back to a dying feature which requires people to show up on PC at a set time daily to fight on different age maps. We are happy to share with anyone what keeps us coming back daily to fight what is a dying feature even today. I would hope while you get to play what you LIKE about the game you would respect others who prefer something different, because Inno has not seemed to try to incorporate any of what GvG players LOVE into any new features. And before anyone replies... The growing mobile users have never had the chance to play GvG. They have no idea what it has been like to enjoy GvG in a passionate guild. Every time my guilds introduce someone to GvG... they love it.
Yes, going to the LMA map and using only LMA troops to battle is fun. Creating a totally new city just to fight in LMA is a really poor alternative.
Very well said ! Thanks for voicing many GVG players opinion.

ArklurBeta

Baronet
please don't be scornful
What's scornful about what he said (or rather asked?). It's a totally legit comment that fighting in this game, in GvG, is the same in all ages, there is literally 0 difference between fighting in GvG no matter the age. You pick a setup, click buttons for as long as you can and when you are low on health/units, you fill the slots up...rinse and repeat until the sector is taken.

No matter if you hate, don't like, like or love GvG, that's the truth.

Last edited:

BarraG

Farmer
well i am playing every day gvg and i have very little army from other ages. I have to put barracs from old ages to make some tanks so i can fight in lower age, so i dont see how de heck you can have so many army while you played gvg xd

I know there are others out there with way higher attack power than I. Just I do not loss that many units by building stock pile units and keep using fresh units to fight. As I can just use the Alcatraz to built the lower age units as I get enough current aged units from Townhall and some special building.

1700684757656.png1700684914498.png

As shown using hover tanks in Titan age where GvG lock you in to an age and need to gees to think ... yes think a bit ... to what to do with your units in that age and what strategies and tactics you are going to use. Where GBG has been improve on the strategies and tactics (just still way unbalance selecting guilds (still waiting to see) and to coarse between the ranking levels of the ranking system though just you can jump between level to quickly or YOYO between to easily).
So hope this new raidy thing allow us to use these units as it added more dynamics of game play with fighting.

I know there are others out there with way higher attack power than I. Just I do not loss that many units by building stock pile units and keep using fresh units to fight. As I can just use the Alcatraz to built the lower age units as I get enough current aged units from Townhall and some special building.

View attachment 10391View attachment 10392

As shown using hover tanks in Titan age where GvG lock you in to an age and need to gees to think ... yes think a bit ... to what to do with your units in that age and what strategies and tactics you are going to use. Where GBG has been improve on the strategies and tactics (just still way unbalance selecting guilds (still waiting to see) and to coarse between the ranking levels of the ranking system though just you can jump between level to quickly or YOYO between to easily).
So hope this new raidy thing allow us to use these units as it added more dynamics of game play with fighting.
well i dont get where you get age lock.

i mean on All age map is still better to use titan vs titan than Future vs titan

the only units usless are from arctic-current age, but most of uss has alreadu used them putting deffs on map. (30-40 sectors every day on all age map for at least 4 armies takes a lot) + Future era, Tommorow and contenporary era (those three always 8 armies) gives as at least 50-60 sectors every day to put armies in.
no idea how someone playing activly in GvG can have "spare units" xd

BarraG

Farmer
"No one" knows expect the devs of Inno, until it's released on Beta.
By the way...why is there a need to be able to use lower era units? I get it sucks if you have thousands of units in lower ages and if you can't do anything with them then...you might as well delete them, but other than that...any legit reason to this be a big deal? In other games usually you get rid of the "old" stuff anyway, That's another story that usually you get something for doing so, "coins", don't know what Inno could offer the players so it's not just deleting them into the void...?
Like the stock pile of my 39 pages in my inventory as well just delete them as well as given up using the Antiques Dealer. The game is journey with friends not destination as it boring at the top so the only think that keeps me going with this game is the friends I have made here game not the basic game it itself any more. I think important this raid thing help built team work for all player in a guild and reduce the bully tactics (but that hard to do with what ever you setup with this type of game)
Like what they did with the new GBG they release for a round or two in Beta the least it wild they mostly do the same, instead giving some thing such big impact more time and having more players interested what it going to be like. I do understand INNO does need to make the final call with all of it which I understand is hard one to try and please everyone...
So INNO please don't rush this new raidy thing in the wild, just my 2 cents.

BarraG

Farmer
well i dont get where you get age lock.

i mean on All age map is still better to use titan vs titan than Future vs titan
Sorry, I was not talking about using Future unit in A&A as that would be silly as that is really only for current age units or the age before and the Future to Titan shot was from GE as an example.
And yes for the rest the map you are lock to an age lock correct from IA to Future and above are unless except for A&A as you stated.
general with GVG
no idea how someone playing activly in GvG can have "spare units" xd
If you build up your amount units first and keep your attack units fresh before they die you have more to use in defense plus having +2000% Atk/Def helps a lot.

Maybe message me directly ..as this side tracking a little bit if you want to discuss more...

Last edited:
If you build up your amount units first and keep your attack units fresh before they die you have more to use in defense plus having +2000% Atk/Def helps a lot
the problem is not attacking xD the problems are putting def, dude, you clearly does not care about defense in gvg and what army should be put to what sector.

when like 30-20 ppl are playing gvg in guild - put everyday 30-40 sector x8 army it is 2560 units per day...

and you have to use many armies to take sector. SOmetimes it is like 10-20 sieges for one sector - 8x20 - 160 units for sieges for one sector.

and it is not like - everyone can put siege, cuz only comander does it, or ppl with fast mouse movement, good internet, reflex etc.

BarraG

Farmer
the problem is not attacking xD the problems are putting def, dude, you clearly does not care about defense in gvg and what army should be put to what sector.

when like 30-20 ppl are playing gvg in guild - put everyday 30-40 sector x8 army it is 2560 units per day...

and you have to use many armies to take sector. SOmetimes it is like 10-20 sieges for one sector - 8x20 - 160 units for sieges for one sector.

and it is not like - everyone can put siege, cuz only comander does it, or ppl with fast mouse movement, good internet, reflex etc.
Sorry not the right place ... It's just game which you can play in many different ways and you know better so no problem.

Douglas 221

Farmer

View attachment 10391View attachment 10392

Yes, Hover tanks are very universal. Now pull up some EMA units and go against some Titan. Let us know how it goes. Screen shot would be best. Or even use PME troops against the Titans.

BarraG

Farmer
Yes, Hover tanks are very universal. Now pull up some EMA units and go against some Titan. Let us know how it goes. Screen shot would be best. Or even use PME troops against the Titans.
I think we all know the answer to that ... Sorry just using an example was not meant to taken to the extreme because of that ... now totally off track LOL

Last edited:

Douglas 221

Farmer
I think we all know the answer to that ... Sorry just using an example was not meant to taken to the extreme because of that ... now totally off track LOL
It was an extreme example because your example did not answer the issue. With GvG, players could fight in Iron Age with Iron Age troops despite being in numerous eras from Iron Age to Titan. They could defend their sectors by replacing troops as they kill the siege. Neither of those examples can happen in any feature outside of GvG. Neither can happen by creating a new city in a new world. This is something suggested back in 2019 when there was talk about GBG. Of course, when the announcement was given it was too late for either option to be implemented for GBG. We now have an update for GBG and a new feature rolling out and from the sound of it neither will be offered. Ending GvG will eliminate the need for a Traz as now so many event buildings offer troops. The chance to build lower age troop racks will not be ever used. Spending Diamonds will be the only means of defense (for the most part) when actively fighting against another guild in game.
Let us stick to what will be missing from the game once GvG is gone. Because it is why players are upset.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
There is fun using old units in GvG? For me it is literally the same as using current age units. Still clicking auto fight and replace units once they are damaged.
There used to be :p Before the power creep. You're all geared up for fighting the top maps and your little guys want to fight a lower age and you want to help. So you take your 20 ballistas you don't want to rebuild and go for flawless manual victories ("plinking"). Now it'd mostly be nostalgia, because all of GvG is that autobattle crap you describe.

BarraG

Farmer
It was an extreme example because your example did not answer the issue. With GvG, players could fight in Iron Age with Iron Age troops despite being in numerous eras from Iron Age to Titan. They could defend their sectors by replacing troops as they kill the siege. Neither of those examples can happen in any feature outside of GvG. Neither can happen by creating a new city in a new world. This is something suggested back in 2019 when there was talk about GBG. Of course, when the announcement was given it was too late for either option to be implemented for GBG. We now have an update for GBG and a new feature rolling out and from the sound of it neither will be offered. Ending GvG will eliminate the need for a Traz as now so many event buildings offer troops. The chance to build lower age troop racks will not be ever used. Spending Diamonds will be the only means of defense (for the most part) when actively fighting against another guild in game.
Let us stick to what will be missing from the game once GvG is gone. Because it is why players are upset.
Sorry English's as complex as it is I struggle with it :rolleyes:, Sorry, I did not know or to think I had to answer the issue as I was just making an example. Agree with the issue you have stated that GvG is the only place to fight same age units with same age units. I was trying to to say the same thing and as Juber above said "There is fun using old units in GvG". Yes INNO are removing an important aspect of the game if they don't have this in the new raidy thing with that feature why I was asking the question in the first place. The A&A part of the map was useless ... for the point of using any units as we know unless you are using the biggest and best it was pointless to use any of the lower age units to fight with, as they are only good as canon fodder.
It would be good if they posted some trailers of what this new raid thing is going to be like or have they I just not seen it yet?

Last edited: