• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Big news for Forge!

Bellasaurus

Merchant
For Guild Raids I suggest the following features
Each Raid Territory matches Continent Ages Iron through Arctic Future and hopefully each Space Age ERA
Only units from the Guild Raid ERA/Age can be used
No recal except at the end of the raid period. Raid period 5 days. It would be nice if the start days were staggered: IA/EMA/HMA/LMA. CA/IND/PE. ME/PME/CE. TE/FE. OF/AF/VF. etc.
Multiple Guilds can participate in an era (Same Guilds from GBG not available in Raid Eras)
5-10 Raid targets based on number of guilds allowed.
You can only capture a raid target once. No DA's, but you can replace units in your raid force.
Initial raid target defended by random NPC units with various combat buffs based on number of targets.
If you successfully raid a Guild occupied target you get an additional reward.
If you successfully defend against a Guild raidyou get an additional reward.
Raid target rewards match age items available with one or two targets providing special buildings. All targets provided one fragment of something.

For Guild Raids I suggest the following features
Each Raid Territory matches Continent Ages Iron through Arctic Future and hopefully each Space Age ERA
Only units from the Guild Raid ERA/Age can be used
No recal except at the end of the raid period. Raid period 5 days. It would be nice if the start days were staggered: IA/EMA/HMA/LMA. CA/IND/PE. ME/PME/CE. TE/FE. OF/AF/VF. etc.
Multiple Guilds can participate in an era (Same Guilds from GBG not available in Raid Eras)
5-10 Raid targets based on number of guilds allowed.
You can only capture a raid target once. No DA's, but you can replace units in your raid force.
Initial raid target defended by random NPC units with various combat buffs based on number of targets.
If you successfully raid a Guild occupied target you get an additional reward.
If you successfully defend against a Guild raidyou get an additional reward.
Raid target rewards match age items available with one or two targets providing special buildings. All targets provided one fragment of something.
Well, no. Guild Raids is on the verge of being released and based on the intel we have it will look nothing like your suggestions. Not saying that they are bad but it's too late for such a massive overhaul.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Code:
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣶⣶⣿⣷⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣤⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀
⠀⢀⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠛⠉⠉⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⠀⠀⠀
⣠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⢤⣶⣾⠿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⠀⠈⠉⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀
⢸⣿⣿⣿⣏⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⠀⠀⢠⣤⣶⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡀
⠀⢿⣿⣿⣿⡸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧
⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⣷⢹⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣄⣀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⡇⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣿⠘⠻⠿⢛⣛⣭⣽⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠀⠀⢹⣿⣿⠏⠀⣴⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠟⠋
⠀⠀⠀⠈⣿⠏⠀⣰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠟⠛⠋⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⡿⠿⠛⠋⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Goodbye, GvG!

Kinda sad that the new building isn't part of a historical questline or something.

-Alin-

Emperor
...........................⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣶⣶⣿⣷⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣤⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀
⠀⢀⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠛⠉⠉⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⠀⠀⠀
⣠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⢤⣶⣾⠿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⠀⠈⠉⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀
⢸⣿⣿⣿⣏⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⠀⠀⢠⣤⣶⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡀
⠀⢿⣿⣿⣿⡸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧
⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⣷⢹⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣄⣀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⡇⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣿⠘⠻⠿⢛⣛⣭⣽⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠀⠀⢹⣿⣿⠏⠀⣴⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠟⠋
⠀⠀⠀⠈⣿⠏⠀⣰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠟⠛⠋⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⡿⠿⠛⠋⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀​

Last edited:

Douglas 221

Farmer
While I will miss GvG on all my worlds, I am excited to see what Guild Raids might end up being. I have a feeling there will be no Defensive strategy for this feature like GvG has with fighting directly against another guild in replacing defensive units and killing their siege. I was hoping back when the discussion for GBG started there would be more of a defensive strategy involved outside of adding traps and using diamonds to build it.
With that all being said, I heard of a building being offered to all players who have participated in GvG as a momento for all of our years of enjoying GvG. I want to say thanks as that is a nice gesture. I noted it was connected to the event back in 2015 connected to the memorial of Anwar Dalati who was a big part of the design of GvG. It would be nice if we could also be awarded with an Avatar of his likeness to also remember him and GvG.
Now as to GBs which effected the old Guild Support Pool... It would be nice if that support pool would be used with the new Guild Raids since it was never adopted with GBG. With the Hydra introduced the Atom and Obs are going to be placed in the trash heap of the past in many cases. It would be nice if some of the older GBs be retooled to better fit the current gaming features. I love the medals some GBs offer but after GvG is gone and the expansions are maxed out in a players city... what use will they have? What will the guilds who collected medals to fight on the All Ages GvG map be used? Can we not create a use for them with GBG? Population used to be needed with GBs until most event buildings started containing population. Maybe higher ages really should start needing more population.
I do love how the updated version of GBG requires more goods and fights with the use of the buildings. GE 5 now requires defensive bonuses. Now can we find a need for medals, support pool, and population?

Thanks.

Douglas 221

Farmer
One additional item which will be missing when GVG is removed... the ability for players in higher ages to fight with lower age troops against others with the same age troops. In GBG, as some have pointed out, players can use higher age troops they have been awarded. While I do not mind that for the PvP tower, additional medals for the higher tower, and more player points.. It really doesnt add anything to proving your city abilities. With GvG, one could be in Future Era and fight on the LMA map in GvG with LMA troops against others with LMA troops. This part of the feature was actually an additional part of the fun in GvG. I dont see how anyone can work it into this new Guild Raid. So the game just lost that part of the game. All troops more than a few ages below your current age will just be worthless.
I am still confused as to why it has been clear since 2019 the game developers have been trying to plan a replacement for GvG with something different which can be played on mobile but input from the die hard GvG players has never been heard.
1. Individual and group strategy
2. Fighting in different eras with those troops.
3. Ability to DEFEND your sector/space with live defense not just a trap.
4. Multiple maps allow a guild to divide up to defend or attack.
5. While the increase in fights by use of a building in GBG is a good twist, the need for a guild to fill troops of various types to help defend a sector was unique for GvG.
6. Individual ranking on the different era maps. A smaller guild could take up enough land in IA, EMA or any map to be the number one on that map. Comparing number one in Gold or Platnum to Diamond just isnt the same feel.
7. Talking strategy, GvG has the unique ability for a guild to multi land on various landing zones and had a once daily HQ move which could allow for additional sectors to be taken. This is the strategy which GBG really lacks to make it more fun.
8. GvG maps for most sectors could be moved around on your screen to allow quick hitting of attack buttons. In GBG, the only super fast people hitting are using scripts.
9. GvG does not have reward screens popping up in the middle of a speedy fight. This delay to see a reward popping up is part of what some people dislike about GE. We have various timers we can use from the Tavern to assist us and to spend our timer hitting an okay button to collect a reward really delays the game. For some the Reward is part of the excitement. But what made GvG fun is not having those slow down screens for rewards. So a new feature which would remove those reward type screens which slows down the excitement factor of a fight would be ideal.
10. A set time during the day/night for players to all meet up made GvG much more social than GBG. Now some guilds do try to meet up during GBG on Discord to enjoy chat but GBG is rarely a set time. It is very fluid for time which works out for many players but we are talking what makes GVG fun for many players. Even if the set time was like 2x or 3x a day it would make it more fun to have set times.
I am sure I am forgetting a few unique differences which GvG players enjoy which are currently missing from GE and GBG including the new changes to GBG. It is hard for me to believe a new feature for the game to be also played on mobile could not include more of these enjoyable items.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
With the Hydra introduced the Atom and Obs are going to be placed in the trash heap of the past in many cases.

? Most players won't be able to easily raise the Hydra past Lvl 10 without being in Titan Age. Maybe they'll get it to Lvl 30 before needing to reach Titan

If Hydra makes Obs obsolete, why didn't AI Core do that? AI Core is both cheaper and more efficient than Hydra for Guild Goods if you're not a Titan player

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
I am still confused as to why it has been clear since 2019 the game developers have been trying to plan a replacement for GvG with something different which can be played on mobile but input from the die hard GvG players has never been heard.
Maybe because GvG wasn't as great a feature as certain players think it to be. It has/had quite a few core flaws, many of which were fixed with GE, GBG, and hopefully now Guild Raids. None of these features are perfect, none ever will be. But it's foolish to think that the only way to make a successful feature in this game is for it to be a copy of a feature that ultimately failed to engage the players.

Douglas 221

Farmer
? Most players won't be able to easily raise the Hydra past Lvl 10 without being in Titan Age. Maybe they'll get it to Lvl 30 before needing to reach Titan

If Hydra makes Obs obsolete, why didn't AI Core do that? AI Core is both cheaper and more efficient than Hydra for Guild Goods if you're not a Titan player
What kind of nonsense is this? Obs gives 150*5 goods at level 80. Hydra gives 240*5. For what reason would we have to send 750 goods every day to the trash? Because of the beautiful design of the hydra?
I do not mean people will suddenly delete their observatory. Guilds used to force members to get the Obs for the support pool. I have seen a couple players still in eras below Titan getting goods to level their Hydra.
The Core did not replace the Obs because it was still needed for GvG but the core is just as efficient and the Core has a future use as a player moves higher in eras where the Obs will only have one function. How about we focus on the idea of another use for support pool -or- something else added to Obs as a bonus for Guild Raid?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I do not mean people will suddenly delete their observatory. Guilds used to force members to get the Obs for the support pool. I have seen a couple players still in eras below Titan getting goods to level their Hydra.
The Core did not replace the Obs because it was still needed for GvG but the core is just as efficient and the Core has a future use as a player moves higher in eras where the Obs will only have one function. How about we focus on the idea of another use for support pool -or- something else added to Obs as a bonus for Guild Raid?
Obs hasn't been "needed for GvG" forever. Support Pool is close to meaningless even in GvG as player boosts are so high that 50% boost is no different than 0%.

Observatory's function is in being the smallest of the treasury goods GBs. It's better than AI core and Atomium for that reason, as well as cheaper to level than them. And its only competition from hydra is in the possibility that someone gets a hydra levelled first somehow (despite being massively more expensive in both FP and goods) and it suffices such that they don't need a 3rd building. But at 3x3, if there's any sort of remote possibility that you might need more guild goods, why wouldn't you build and level an observatory too?

Douglas 221

Farmer
Maybe because GvG wasn't as great a feature as certain players think it to be. It has/had quite a few core flaws, many of which were fixed with GE, GBG, and hopefully now Guild Raids. None of these features are perfect, none ever will be. But it's foolish to think that the only way to make a successful feature in this game is for it to be a copy of a feature that ultimately failed to engage the players.
I am glad you have pointed out the positives added to GE, GBG and we hope GR which pleased ALL of the players who did NOT play GvG. But I was addressing the items the GVG players who have enjoyed this flawed feature for many years. I did not state a new feature should be an exact copy but I suggested consideration to items a new feature COULD include things which made people ENJOY a feature leaving the game. My comment is addressing why the new features have all focused on pleasing those who are not on PC and who do not like GvG. How about just a small consideration for those players who DO enjoy it? Is that really too much to ask in a thread discussing a new feature?
Lets try to focus on HELPING but listening to what very active, long playing, and dedicated players actually ENJOY about a feature?

Emberguard

Emperor

Ah.

Yeah, it'd be nice if Support Pool played a role in Guild Raids. Would also bring value to the other City Defense Great Buildings

Douglas 221

Farmer
Obs hasn't been "needed for GvG" forever. Support Pool is close to meaningless even in GvG as player boosts are so high that 50% boost is no different than 0%.

Observatory's function is in being the smallest of the treasury goods GBs. It's better than AI core and Atomium for that reason, as well as cheaper to level than them. And its only competition from hydra is in the possibility that someone gets a hydra levelled first somehow (despite being massively more expensive in both FP and goods) and it suffices such that they don't need a 3rd building. But at 3x3, if there's any sort of remote possibility that you might need more guild goods, why wouldn't you build and level an observatory too?
Again, thank you for missing my point of the OTHER part of an Observatory which will now disappear. Glad to see so many here to just attack any comments instead of simply adding what THEY like about something. My guess is many avoid coming to the forums because of the attack comments instead of offering constructive comments.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Again, thank you for missing my point of the OTHER part of an Observatory which will now disappear. Glad to see so many here to just attack any comments instead of simply adding what THEY like about something. My guess is many avoid coming to the forums because of the attack comments instead of offering constructive comments.
You're interpreting things very aggressively.

My point was the other part of observatory was already irrelevant for years at this point because GvG's defensive bonuses failed to keep up with player's bonuses anyways. It didn't matter how much support pool you had because it couldn't go past 50%.

If you wish to hope for a new bonus for Observatory and Support Pool in general, there was a thread all about that recently :) Just player wishes, nothing official.

But even if there is no support pool replacement (which does not seem an unlikely result), it will not change the evaluation on Observatory which has effectively only been a goods producer as long as players have had boosts extending over 1000%. It's not GvG's removal that killed the other half, it's the power creep :)