• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Big news for Forge!

Do these elusive and mysterious bots have a way of preventing a user from accumulating attrition? If not, then all that they accomplish now is getting the user to their max attrition sooner rather than later.
"elusive" nah, elitepvp is where one is advertised and no, it doesn't keep them from gaining attrition. The companion is the alt accounts - be they created for the sole purpose of farming or players who have quit/taken a break and given passwords to friends - to burn those up so the main accounts can still lead and fight when it matters. "Hit the hard tiles" with the alts basically.

Gedrog

Squire
Funny. Traders and Goods players are getting overlooked for Ages, but beware the fighters camping in IE for Ages with only Traz can't come up with enough Troops anymore.

Get yourself some more Troops buildings like Knights Pavillions then, or maybe accept that fighters are also getting capped at some point and won't get infinite ressources, but have to calculate how to invest them.
This is the biggest load of nonsense, pardon the pun, but almost every new event building gives tons of goods goods players have never had it so good
I have a balance city Goods, fp and troops I started playing 600 days ago and every event building I have seen only got more and more goods

I have been troop managing since I started playing GBG but with the old format you could choose where in the attrition range you could stop with the New GBG if you don't push the attrition it becomes the difference between first and second

Gedrog

Squire
Imho the Observatory remains useful for it guild goods production. That is the main reason many guilds ask their members to build one. For its limted size, it is one of the top producers of guild goods.
These days Guild needs as many Guild goods buildings as players can plant ARC,OBS,ATOM,AI-Core and Hydra therefore 2 or more of these are going to be a must. Future players should build up AI-Core ready for AF and beyond otherwise it will be a slow long slog through AF and OF

Arch1e

Marquis
It's not for free. You always lose half the goods you spent at minimum (and the other half if anyone takes it from you) when you release. Basically it'd be like everyone released everything the day after rankings were frozen - and that seems fair for a feature about to be disabled.
It would be for free since you don’t have to plan the releases. But the point is, now you know it will be disbanded, so you could basicslly choose to spend any amount, inflate any ranking for a couple of days, not care about releases since you know you will get half of it back anyway. Obviously yes, you lose half, but nevertheless, you know it’s coming back, so no massive loss. Instead of starting to plan your releases now and making sure you minimise what you lose.

Last edited:

PilgrimDK

Merchant
No goods should be offered back, simple as that.

You spent them, your guild got levels, You got fights and ranking points.
It would be fair aswell to take all ranking points and levels made by players and Guilds if You want the goods back.
Thats a weird statement. If you release a sector you get 50% back, so you have live goods in play that can be converted back to the guild any day, so it´s not like you spend the 50% and they should be payed back. (The 50% not the 100%)

If i force you out of your house in 2 month, is it not normal to compensate you for your loss????

Take all guild levels a guild earned??? That´s a really odd thought, where the hck did that come from? Guild levels are collected from various part of the game and not only GvG so to say it should be stripped is really weird.
In fact, guild level points from GvG is only a minor part of the income.

CrashBoom

Legend
If i force you out of your house in 2 month, is it not normal to compensate you for your loss????
the house (GvG) belongs to Inno and they can do whatever they want with it :rolleyes:

and they decided to tear it down
and if somebody wants something what is in the house they should get it out before they tear it down
because everything still in it at that time will be lost

yes they could take out the things. but why should they. people can do it themselves before it happens

PilgrimDK

Merchant
the house (GvG) belongs to Inno and they can do whatever they want with it :rolleyes:

and they decided to tear it down
and if somebody wants something what is in the house they should get it out before they tear it down
because everything still in it at that time will be lost

yes they could take out the things. but why should they. people can do it themselves before it happens
I think i will use the house as long as possible and move out the last day

-Alin-

Emperor
Thats a weird statement. If you release a sector you get 50% back, so you have live goods in play that can be converted back to the guild any day, so it´s not like you spend the 50% and they should be payed back. (The 50% not the 100%)

Take all guild levels a guild earned??? That´s a really odd thought, where the hck did that come from? Guild levels are collected from various part of the game and not only GvG so to say it should be stripped is really weird.
In fact, guild level points from GvG is only a minor part of the income.

The house is mine, under my signature, try move me out from it If You can, legally. :p

If I would be on rent or whatever, well, I'll move somewhere else with a similar rent or even better(or search another game, speaking about it).
I sat there, I did all my stuff, I survived, I'll search another place if I am forced to move.
But for what I paid I had access and I sat there, why should they compensate me?

They havent done anything against a contract or whatever, I mean InnoGames, they had the right to delete from game whatever they want, you read the ToS when You began to play FoE, why should they give someone something back, cause You want too?

Again, as many others pointed out already, release all sectors before the last day to save some goods from the owned sectors, If are any.

And if they are to give You something back, they should also take from You what You've earned from it, change for change.

PilgrimDK

Merchant
The house is mine, under my signature, try move me out from it If You can, legally. :p

If I would be on rent or whatever, well, I'll move somewhere else with a similar rent or even better(or search another game, speaking about it).
I sat there, I did all my stuff, I survived, I'll search another place if I am forced to move.
But for what I paid I had access and I sat there, why should they compensate me?

They havent done anything against a contract or whatever, I mean InnoGames, they had the right to delete from game whatever they want, you read the ToS when You began to play FoE, why should they give someone something back, cause You want too?

Again, as many others pointed out already, release all sectors before the last day to save some goods from the owned sectors, If are any.
Let me ask in another way. c",)

You own your house and Goverment need the ground for a road project so you are forced to move, should you not be compensated? c",)

-Alin-

Emperor

You own your house and Goverment need the ground for a road project so you are forced to move, should you not be compensated? c",)

Your example doesn't have any relevance to the fact GvG is removed.
You signed when You began to play this game, and InnoGames have the right to remove anything they want without compensation, and You should've known that from the beggining when You agreed with.

When You built your house You could have also similar terms, have You signed Something similar? If no, they can't to anything.
If You signed for something without compensation, then bad luck for You, they don't have to give You anything back.

They can cry near my house or wait me untill I die to make their road, they can't force me do something I havent signed before or agreed with.
I bought that space, the terrain under my house that I built it on.

If they want to make me move they need to give me a good offer for that, otherwise, I won't move, but this is another story that doesn't have anything to do with the fact GvG is removed and they have the right to remove whatever they want from the game.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Ah, "the moving out of house" shtick. About 10% would compensate a person if they are forced from their home that isn't theirs (renting or leasing); the other 90%, not so much. This could be the result of selling by the landlord and buying by a new landlord, or even the landlord not paying for the house you reside in and the bank comes to take it back. Neither cares of the previous arrangement as they will serve an eviction notice.

To game, I had seen many features from many games shut down after giving notice they will. Some of which I had seen full games shut down. They (the developers) will try to compensate a player for the many years of spending for their premium currency with something meager.

But, as some had pointed out, and I will do the same. In the Terms of Service (ToS), it does clearly state that they (Inno) can do what they want to the game at any given time; even, if they want to make it a burning dumpster fire that we've been experiencing as of late with all these changes to events that we had known to love. I just hope this "new" feature won't be like the PVB Arena that I won't touch with a nine and a half foot pole. I get to battle the same bots that it just becomes predictable, and I know there are more than just the 4 in my age.

PilgrimDK

Merchant
Your example doesn't have any relevance to the fact GvG is removed.
You signed when You began to play this game, and InnoGames have the right to remove anything they want without compensation, and You should've known that from the beggining when You agreed with.

When You built your house You could have also similar terms, have You signed Something similar? If no, they can't to anything.
If You signed for something without compensation, then bad luck for You, they don't have to give You anything back.

They can cry near my house or wait me untill I die to make their road, they can't force me do something I havent signed before or agreed with.
I bought that space, the terrain under my house that I built it on.

If they want to make me move they need to give me a good offer for that, otherwise, I won't move, but this is another story that doesn't have anything to do with the fact GvG is removed and they have the right to remove whatever they want from the game.We will
We will of course bag the goods before closure, but is it to much asked to have some compassion with those who played a part of the game for 10 years

-Alin-

Emperor
We will of course bag the goods before closure, but is it to much asked to have some compassion with those who played a part of the game for 10 years

I am playing FoE since October 2012, made 11 years of it on oct 15.
Also playing GvG since 2013, when was released on beta on the crappy Flash Player and quit GvG in 2020 since it didnt made any sense to play it because it was a very toxic place. We lost players also because of GvG and it created a lot of drama and burnout to our players against siege scripters, is not fun to have a good guild with 20-30 people ready for GvG and see how You are unable to lay a siege or defend yourself just because others are using scripts to avoid the GUI.

I will miss GvG, I loved it, but things changed mostly because of the people and the fact that InnoGames abandoned GvG because the devs that handled it left InnoGames, it was easier for the other ones to bring new mechanics cross platform rather than learning and porting a broken mechanic to phone like GvG was.

So the deletion of GvG was inevitable from these aspects.
And regarding goods spent in GvG, like I said, You already got the ranking points, fights and guild prestige from using those goods in the eras below FE in GvG, not sure how big of a deal are those goods anyway since are old and most probably all the top guilds requiring players higher than Future Era in their guilds nowadays to get the most out of GbG.

And again, more than 50% of the playerbase of Forge of Empires never Heard about Guild versus Guild, they think I am speaking about Battlegrounds cause they never played on a PC, and this was also sad.

Last edited:

PilgrimDK

Merchant
I am playing FoE since October 2012, made 11 years of it on oct 15.
Also playing GvG since 2013, when was released on beta on the crappy Flash Player and quit GvG in 2020 since it didnt made any sense to play it because it was a very toxic place. We lost players also because of GvG and it created a lot of drama and burnout to our players against siege scripters, is not fun to have a good guild with 20-30 people ready for GvG and see how You are unable to lay a siege or defend yourself just because others are using scripts to avoid the GUI.

I will miss GvG, I loved it, but things changed mostly because of the people and the fact that InnoGames abandoned GvG because the devs that handled it left InnoGames, it was easier for the other ones to bring new mechanics cross platform rather than learning and porting a broken mechanic to phone like GvG was.

So the deletion of GvG was inevitable from these aspects.
And regarding goods spent in GvG, like I said, You already got the ranking points, fights and guild prestige from using those goods in the eras below FE in GvG, not sure how big of a deal are those goods anyway since are old and most probably all the top guilds requiring players higher than Future Era in their guilds nowadays to get the most out of GbG.

And again, more than 50% of the playerbase of Forge of Empires never Heard about Guild versus Guild, they think I am speaking about Battlegrounds cause they never played on a PC, and this was also sad.
We see and experience pretty much the same, so no news there. We will se if the GR will be good a replacement or not

THIS!!! Either a spinoff game or just a separate server where anyone can play - similar to Beta. I dunno call it gvg.forgeofempires.com like beta is zz.forge...

The assumption that GVGers don't spend $$ is just that. I can tell you that based on real numbers for each new era, players spent on events to attain the stats to be able to effect a one shot kill. This was derived by an accountant friend of mine who had been playing the game for 6-7 years (that's a guess, could be less) and was accurate. Many high dollar spenders did so to advance their GVG attack because GBG was just a byproduct where one could get troops to fight GVG.
I like the idea of a classic FoE. But a classic FoE would mean that it has no new events, no new buildings and is cut off from the normal development. Would FoE make money if there were no regular new event buildings? I had thought about taking money to copy one player town to the classic server but that will probably not help either.

TARS

Merchant
Does anyone know when the Beta GvG will be shut down or will it be running in addition to the Beta Guild Raids?

Emberguard

Emperor

Bad analogy. In some countries a landlord only needs to provide 1 week notice (without any compensation provided) if they've gone through the correct avenues

I'm curious what compensation you would find appropriate when the feature will cease to exist, and therefore no amount of compensation will be usable on GvG

Compensation for what? Your resources are a one time use. Goods consumed 10 years ago aren't even in circulation the next DAY, nevermind 10 years later

We will se if the GR will be good a replacement or not

I hope so too. Or at the very least enjoyable